• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Rugby World Cup 2019

Recommended Posts

football forum

Who is watching?

Times are not helping me too much here but I'll be trying to catch is as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the Australia v Fiji match this morning and the Aussies had to up a gear as Fiji were leading at one stage but eventually lost 39-21, just watched the All Blacks beating Sth Africa and I fancied The All Blacks to win it this year but they didn't really play as good as I expected in the match but there is a long way to go yet and they did beat a good Springbock's side, I liked the Springbocks Full Back Cheslin Kolbe, he is only 1.72 ( 5ft7 ) tall but he had some speed on him like a silent fart when he took off.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scotland are getting hammered by Ireland atm 19-3, Scotland had better pull their fucking fingers out of their back of their arses because if Ireland can score 3 try's in the first half I dread what they will do in the second half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
21 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I saw the Australia v Fiji match this morning and the Aussies had to up a gear as Fiji were leading at one stage but eventually lost 39-21, just watched the All Blacks beating Sth Africa and I fancied The All Blacks to win it this year but they didn't really play as good as I expected in the match but there is a long way to go yet and they did beat a good Springbock's side, I liked the Springbocks Full Back Cheslin Kolbe, he is only 1.72 ( 5ft7 ) tall but he had some speed on him like a silent fart when he took off.   

Yeah I've heard that about the All Blacks but I still expect them to scrape it, given how they've just taken down the Springboks.

Argentina could be a potential dark horse, especially when you consider how Jaguares did in Super Rugby this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

Argentina could be a potential dark horse, especially when you consider how Jaguares did in Super Rugby this year.

Argentina is in England's group with France so really England have a tough group and might just be lucky finishing second.

Scotland just got hammered by Ireland, looking at Ireland (they are favourites to win the World Cup) they switched off at the beginning of the 2nd half and let Scotland back in it but they switched back on again near the end, they can't do this against the likes of the All Blacks or the Aussies if they play them later on. 

The good thing I like about Rugby Union is the wife loves watching Rugby so this World Cup I can enjoy without her moaning "You watching bloody sport again..." :hh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Argentina is in England's group with France so really England have a tough group and might just be lucky finishing second.

Not sure I agree with that. They’re certainly better than Argentina and it’s the worst France team in years. I’d be disappointed with anything but first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
39 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Scotland just got hammered by Ireland, looking at Ireland (they are favourites to win the World Cup) they switched off at the beginning of the 2nd half and let Scotland back in it but they switched back on again near the end, they can't do this against the likes of the All Blacks or the Aussies if they play them later on. 

Now, I'm no rugby expert, but are Irelands really the favourites this time?

I remember they got hammered by Argentina last time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

On another note, what a blooming dull game this one is between England and Tonga.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

I hate to bring this up here, I really do, but I'm starting to see the effectiveness of VAR in this sport compared to something like football. That said, I'd have to see more before properly being able to compare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not sure I agree with that. They’re certainly better than Argentina and it’s the worst France team in years. I’d be disappointed with anything but first.

England have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot sometimes, looking at the All Blacks yesterday they did not look like the All Blacks of years gone by and watching Ireland this morning I can understand why they are favourites.

Looking at Scotland they were crap and they had better pull their bloody fingers out of the back of their arses, they have Japan & Samoa in their group which could cause them some bother. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Looking at Scotland they were crap and they had better pull their bloody fingers out of the back of their arses, they have Japan & Samoa in their group which could cause them some bother. 

Japan have hugely improved, I can see them giving you a bit of trouble. That said, I know Scotland have gotten decent results in the last few years.

Anyhow, England have already run away with this game, not that it's any surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Anyhow, England have already run away with this game, not that it's any surprise.

Nearing h/t and it's only 13-3 and England should build on that and don't let Tonga sniff any chances and get back into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

England have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot sometimes, looking at the All Blacks yesterday they did not look like the All Blacks of years gone by and watching Ireland this morning I can understand why they are favourites.

Looking at Scotland they were crap and they had better pull their bloody fingers out of the back of their arses, they have Japan & Samoa in their group which could cause them some bother. 

Scotland were shite and Wayne Barnes seems to favour Ireland at every breakdown. All Blacks and South Africa are firm favourites for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

All Blacks and South Africa are firm favourites for me.

I have always loved watching the All Blacks past & present, the commitment they put into their game is brilliant, they are like the Borg in Star Trek and saying to the opposition " Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated" in every game.   

 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611791e12a72a3113f4b4

giphy.gif?cid=790b761175f6ea0c3e8cd467fb

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

Wales taking the piss at the moment. 22-0 inside 26 minutes. Georgia nearly got a solo run there, would have been nice but they messed up the pass and lost their chance. Bugger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

Georgia have played their hearts out here. Giving the Wales defence a run. Too bad the game was done in the first half, but at least the scoreline will look respectable as a consolation. 36-14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

Love a good game day haka. Have a hunch it might work this time unlike Tonga :ph34r:

Samoa lead Russia as it stands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

Russia lead now. Samoa are making a mess of this. 6-5 and it's almost half time. 2 yellows for Samoa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

Samoa lead again. 17-9. Game isn't over but I can't see Russia turning this around. They've relied on spot kicks in order to get their points.

I think the Samoans will increase their lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Samoa lead again. 17-9. Game isn't over but I can't see Russia turning this around. They've relied on spot kicks in order to get their points.

I think the Samoans will increase their lead.

You have a good knowledge of rugby considering I doubt many Peruvians even understand it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You have a good knowledge of rugby considering I doubt many Peruvians even understand it. 

Do I? xD

I know bits and pieces cos I always watch the Super Rugby final and every World Cup, but I'm still at a loss for a few things. For one, I just guessed it "spot kicks" were the correct term, but I think it's actually penalties!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Do I? xD

I know bits and pieces cos I always watch the Super Rugby final and every World Cup, but I'm still at a loss for a few things. For one, I just guessed it "spot kicks" were the correct term, but I think it's actually penalties!

Well considering most Peruvians would probably look at a rugby ball and think it is an American football I think you have done ok :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a result this one, Fiji 22-30 Uruguay, underdogs killing act here, well done Uruguay  :congrats:

_108956071_gettyimages-1170893552.jpg

Uruguay were beaten 68-7 by Fiji when they last faced each other earlier this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

What a result this one, Fiji 22-30 Uruguay, underdogs killing act here, well done Uruguay  :congrats:

_108956071_gettyimages-1170893552.jpg

Uruguay were beaten 68-7 by Fiji when they last faced each other earlier this year

Yeah massive upset. Not quite as big as Japan beating south Africa in the last world cup but still a massive upset 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

Wow!!! I couldn't stay up for this one but that's a huge upset. Like @Gunnersauraus not quite as big as Japan beating South Africa but I was expecting a Fiji blow out tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

This is Canada's first World Cup game since the Major League Rugby has been formed alongside the Toronto Arrows. I don't know if that means a lot to be honest, but Fiji losing to Uruguay gives me slight hope Canada can beat Italy. One can dream xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

Oh a ginger on the Canadian team, I wonder where he is from 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement