talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rugby World Cup 2019

football forum

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

What a result this one, Fiji 22-30 Uruguay, underdogs killing act here, well done Uruguay  :congrats:

_108956071_gettyimages-1170893552.jpg

Uruguay were beaten 68-7 by Fiji when they last faced each other earlier this year

Yeah massive upset. Not quite as big as Japan beating south Africa in the last world cup but still a massive upset 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is Canada's first World Cup game since the Major League Rugby has been formed alongside the Toronto Arrows. I don't know if that means a lot to be honest, but Fiji losing to Uruguay gives me slight hope Canada can beat Italy. One can dream xD

I did not remember Canada being this bad. Turnovers all over the place, outstrengthed. And it's against fucking Italy. I am not looking forward to that All Blacks clash, we are going to get pummeled.

Never mind All Blacks, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Italy, who themselves aren't that good are going to win by 30+ points. Canada are so so bad xD

I often don't like making memes and laughing at my teams losing, but this is so bad it's actually hilarious. I can't resist but to chuckle. Italy are strolling here! xD

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Canada finally score a try but it comes off the forearm and doesn't count.

Couldn't make this shit up xD

36-0

England 45 - 0 USA (still playing). :coffee:

9_9

United States: Are USA the stirring superpower at Rugby World Cup?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49767208

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Japan vs Ireland is a proper game. The Japanese get better by every World Cup that passes. I still expect Ireland to win but Japan will keep it close.

They are giving Ireland a run for there money, Japan just missed a penalty kick but are only 3 points down 9-12.  

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

What a try that was by Japan, now ahead 16-12 :congrats:

How would you rate this as a shock?

For me it's still way behind the win over South Africa but Japan have already shown what they could do over the years. Still would be a huge upset but I'm not sure if I'd say it's above Uruguay's win over Fiji just a few days ago.

Sunwolves have done Japanese rugby a world of good.

Just now, Stan said:

@Grizzly21 did you really think Canada had any chance against Italy the other day? Just seen your posts from the game.

I know Italy aren't the best team around but they're a damn sight better than Canada. 

I knew they would lose, but the effort was downright comical. I expected a bit more fight. I'm not an avid follower of the rugger boys but I do recall them being better than that. 

I'm convinced we'll lose against Namibia tbh.

Ireland have to be the most overrated Rugby Union team there is. I'm not an expert but last World Cup they got hammered against Argentina as well.

Watch Ireland go onto win now I've said that!

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

How would you rate this as a shock?

Not really, Japan is the host nation and national pride is kicking in, thats them 19-12 ahead now, I think Ireland looked at this game as a pushover, they have landed back on planet earth now with a big thud, 6 minutes to go.

Archived