• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rugby World Cup 2019

football forum

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I really thought the score would end up with a penalty scoreline but Sth Africa scored the two second-half tries, I just can't stand these up and under kicks from the back and prefer an open game with tries but Sth Africa did their homework and a lot of the up and under they kicked they managed to mark the ball after instead of the England player, England backline got the heebie-jeebies when an up and under came towards them and lost out to the Springbocks.

I played full-back in my army days and there is nothing more frightening when you try and mark an up and under knowing you had to keep your eye on the ball but know there were around 5 big 6ft odd squaddies built like shit brick houses hurtling towards you but that's what your knee is for, stick it up when going for a mark to give you a wee bit of protection but I couldn't see the England backline doing that when going for a mark. 

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Boks too good.

Thought the ref was fine. There was an early pen england should have had for south africa holding but other than that can't think of anything crazy

Did you watch about 5 minutes? He was absolutely fucking dreadful. It just compounded a shite England performance, but to say he was fine is laughable. There was a 2 minute play where England had advantage and De Klerk was purposefully coming offside to interfere with the play of the ball. He did it twice in 2 minutes. Should have been a yellow card but apparently, he didn’t see it. You know, clear as day in front of him impeding Farrell. He was awful.

6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Did you watch about 5 minutes? He was absolutely fucking dreadful. It just compounded a shite England performance, but to say he was fine is laughable. There was a 2 minute play where England had advantage and De Klerk was purposefully coming offside to interfere with the play of the ball. He did it twice in 2 minutes. Should have been a yellow card but apparently, he didn’t see it. You know, clear as day in front of him impeding Farrell. He was awful.

I do recall that passage, and yeah, in a game that's not a WC final he could have been shown a yellow. But the ref clearly wanted to keep the card in his pocket because if you want to talk about yellow cards that should have been given, the fat bald English guy who conceded 4 scrum penalties should have copped a yellow at 3 pens, which would have come before Faf and his rummaging hands. 

If any team in my grade copped 4 or 5 scrum penalties without a card he'd lose his job! But I understood it because it's the final

Archived