talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rugby World Cup 2019

football forum

On 26/09/2019 at 08:59, Grizzly21 said:

I did not remember Canada being this bad. Turnovers all over the place, outstrengthed. And it's against fucking Italy. I am not looking forward to that All Blacks clash, we are going to get pummeled.

4 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

How would you rate this as a shock?

For me it's still way behind the win over South Africa but Japan have already shown what they could do over the years. Still would be a huge upset but I'm not sure if I'd say it's above Uruguay's win over Fiji just a few days ago.

Sunwolves have done Japanese rugby a world of good.

Fantastic result for Japan, I was sat outside my daughters fancy lesson with my headphones in first pumping every Japanese point. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also biggest was Japan vs South Africa, to have the stones to risk it all and go for the win was epic. 

Now I’d say Japan are arguably as good as Italy/ Scotland 

ireland are ranked no 2 but have been worked out, England worked them out and now they have no plan B. If you play like that against The All blacks they’ll get drubbed. 

Uraguay was a good win but they’ve been getting stronger, I expect a competitive game vs Georgia 

best sides so far All blacks & South Africa 

England and Wales yet to be tested

Argentina had man sent of. Love the respect for the referee in rugby. No argument just get on with it. Football could learn from it.

13 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Argentina had man sent of. Love the respect for the referee in rugby. No argument just get on with it. Football could learn from it.

As the saying goes

Football is a gentleman sport played by hooligans. Rugby is a hooligans sport played by gentleman. 

Was hopeful Argentina could pull something off here, but this first half suggests that England are just going to run away with it. Shame, but they are showing authority here.

17 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

As the saying goes

Football is a gentleman sport played by hooligans. Rugby is a hooligans sport played by gentleman. 

Where are you to in Canada? What time is it there?

• Subscriber

H/T Japan leading 16-9 but Samoa are still in it, looking at some of the Japanese players and their No 15 Ryohei Yamanaka has some bloody speed on him at 6ft 2, his normal position is a centre but he is listed on the team sheet as at full-back today.

• Subscriber

I quite enjoyed that game and I think they will beat Scotland, when they get a sniff of a try they will go for it, I loved it when Samoa closed the gap near the end with a try and Japan bounced back and scored two, the Japanese pack's heave-ho going towards the goal line, awesome, and in the scrums they were like mosquitoes buzzing around and you could not hit them, some of the Japanese players are over 6 foot and built like brick shithouses.

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

I don't think he is otherwise he would...:eek:

Final score 66-7, missed the match, I will have to dig up some highlights.  

Canada were much better in the second half and only lost by 3 tries to one. 

Not sure about your group?  What happens if you beat Russia with a bonus point then beat Japan?

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Not sure about your group?  What happens if you beat Russia with a bonus point then beat Japan?

That would give Scotland 13 points, not including any bonuses if Ireland beat Samoa that would give them 15 points without including any bonus points, we may beat Russia but I can't see them beating Japan and Ireland should beat Samoa but if they didn't and Scotland beat Russia but not Japan then Ireland would still have 11 points and go into the Knock Out Stages and play either Sth Africa or New Zealand.

I think I got that right lol, saying all that it's a big ask for Ireland beating either the All Blacks (my favourites) or the Springbocks as they are gelling together nicely especially after thrashing Canada today.

Group-stage fixtures

All times are BST unless stated and are subject to change. The BBC is not responsible for any changes that may be made.

Wednesday, 9 October

Pool C: Argentina v United States (Kumagaya), 05:45

Pool A: Scotland v Russia (Shizuoka), 08:15

Pool D: Wales v Fiji (Oita), 10:45

Friday, 11 October

Pool D: Australia v Georgia (Shizuoka), 11:15

Saturday, 12 October

Pool B: New Zealand v Italy (Toyota), 05:45

Pool C: England v France (Yokohama), 09:15

Pool A: Ireland v Samoa (Fukuoka), 11:45

Sunday, 13 October

Pool B: Namibia v Canada (Kamaishi), 04:15