• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rugby World Cup 2019

football forum

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

A bloody good watch that, this try by Sth African scrum-half Cobus Reinach was the best out of the bunch for me, beautiful run then a chip 'Up and Under' and collecting the ball on the bounce and score the try...sigh   :x   :congrats:

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@CaaC (John) have Wales made a lot of changes to the team wasn't expecting Fiji to give them much of a game ?

Just watching it off and on and from what I have seen Fiji are giving Wales a lot of problems, Wales have made changes but they had better be careful here, they win this and then they are into the quarter-finals. 

Wales coach Warren Gatland has made two back-row changes from the team that defeated Australia.

James Davies comes in at openside flanker for the rested Justin Tipuric, while Ross Moriarty replaces Aaron Wainwright who drops to the replacements bench.

Davies joins older brother Jonathan Davies in the same Wales starting side for a second time and the first occasion in a World Cup.

The duo become the third pair of Welsh brothers to play in a World Cup game following Paul and Richard Moriarty in 1987 and Scott and Craig Quinnell in 1999.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49960422

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Stan said:

England vs France canceled because of a bit of wind and rain. 

Aye, but hopefully the Japan v Scotland match will go ahead, Scotland looked good against Russia especially in the second half.

Quote.thumb.png.1e40bea42f6229c3d5d84e3450cf7615.png

England against France on Saturday has been called off because of Typhoon Hagibis, but Rugby World Cup organisers hope Scotland against Japan can go ahead as planned on Sunday.

The typhoon, described as the biggest of the year, is set to wreak havoc in Tokyo and surrounding areas.

Ireland's match with Samoa in Fukuoka is expected to go ahead as scheduled.

"The decision to cancel matches has not been taken lightly," said tournament director Alan Gilpin.

"It has been made with the best interest of team, public, and tournament volunteer safety as a priority based on expert advice."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49995604

19 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Man sent off and they still twatted Fiji. Great competition.

Calling Somoa Fiji is like calling Welsh English 

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Squeaky bum time @CaaC (John) would normally want Scotland to win but want Japan to win this time 

Nah, this is rugby buddy, I said earlier in this thread that I couldn't see Scotland beating the Japanese and that try by the Japanese proves it, brilliant, this Japanese side are so fast and the Japanese saying banzai meaning a battle cry suits them right down to the ground.

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Nah, this is rugby buddy, I said earlier in this thread that I couldn't see Scotland beating the Japanese and that try by the Japanese proves it, brilliant, this Japanese side are so fast and the Japanese saying banzai meaning a battle cry suits them right down to the ground.

Probably it now for Scotland. Think they have to win by more than 4 points and stop Japan from getting a 4th try. Can't see it happening. Well done Japan :congrats:

• Subscriber

The Japanese when the player with the ball gets tackled will offload the ball with someone running alongside him, that's the difference, other players who may get tackled would go to the ground with the ball and let the pack re-cycle it, not this Japanese side.

I am looking forward to the second half just for hoping Scotland can pull it back but at 21-7 but I can't see it so I will enjoy just watching it.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Hard blow @CaaC (John) but what a game by Japan. 

They came back well in the second half and it looked like Japan were tiring a wee bit but they are up against the Springbocks next and I think they could just do it, the Japanese coach Jamie Joseph a former All Blacks player has got them fit and doing well.

Scotland head home now and can get themselves ready for the 6 Nations so me and the wife will be looking forward to that especially when Scotland play England at Murrayfield in Feb for the 6 Nations game and the Calcutta Cup. 

Japan are great but I can't see them beating south Africa. Think when they play them they could well be the better team but that South Africa will have enough to get enough points in the parts of the game when Japan are not playing as well 

Archived