talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Exposing People For Their Past

football forum

Here is one for you @nudge - I don't want to give my opinion on this one cos it's a touchy subject. Reading a lot on the Rwandan genocide, I see Kagame is often blamed for Habyarimanas death (or the RPF). What do you think on that topic? (if you know much about it, which of all people I'm sure you would be familiar!)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Here is one for you @nudge - I don't want to give my opinion on this one cos it's a touchy subject. Reading a lot on the Rwandan genocide, I see Kagame is often blamed for Habyarimanas death (or the RPF). What do you think on that topic? (if you know much about it, which of all people I'm sure you would be familiar!)

No idea, Rwandan politics isn't exactly my area of expertise haha. The fight for power has been a violent clusterfuck in many African countries with various factions being little different from militia bands, so it's not surprising a bit if it turns out to be true. 

It's part of cancel culture. Probably there are a lot of complex psychological reasons for people participating in this behavior, but at the core I just think people enjoy dragging others down. And with social media registering our thoughts and actions more thoroughly than ever before, it's very easy to get dirt on someone and spread it fast. We're gonna see a lot more of it, I'm sure.

It's fucked, though. There was a Nascar driver who reportedly lost a sponsorship deal because his father used a racial slur in the '80s (before that driver was even born).

Archived