• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 16 - Russia

football forum

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nudge said:

After the race is before the race... It's two race weekends in a row!

image.png

God damnit, I'll be at Fortuna again and miss that one too :( Hopefully that means Seb will win again. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

God damnit, I'll be at Fortuna again and miss that one too :( Hopefully that means Seb will win again. 

I'm really enjoying this competitive period where the differences between the top 3 teams are not that huge and it's hard to tell who'll do best every race. Ferrari have the power advantage and seem to have improved their chassis as well; sure Monza and Spa were always going to be Ferrari races to win and Singapore can be weird so it's really hard to know where everyone stands now. 

• Subscriber

Be another close one this. Not too many slow corners and traction zones so Red Bull could struggle, but should be good through the final sector. Ferrari will go well with the two long straights and their chassis improvements. Think Mercedes could find themselves in a scrap again here, but still firmly in contention with a few more medium/high speed corners here than Singapore. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Eco said:

So far, it appears that Singapore and Monaco are almost impossible to pass people on. 

How is Russia's track in terms of being able to pass? 

It's better in terms of overtaking opportunities for sure. But I don't like that circuit in general. It's flat and boring...

30 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's better in terms of overtaking opportunities for sure. But I don't like that circuit in general. It's flat and boring...

So far, my favorite race has been Monza in terms of the track. SPA was probably 2nd. 

• Subscriber

According to AMuS, Mercedes didn't have an ideal setup and had problems with the bumps and kerbs in Singapore. Similar to Red Bull, who had a complete wrong setup and wrong downforce level due to underestimating the bumps/kerbs as well. This is interesting if true as that could possibly mean that Ferrari's aero upgrades were made to look better by mistakes of both Mercedes & RB that left them underperforming. Could be just excuses though. It does make the build up to the next race quite exciting at any case!

48 minutes ago, Eco said:

So far, my favorite race has been Monza in terms of the track. SPA was probably 2nd. 

For me it's Spa - Suzuka - Monaco - Spielberg - CotA - Interlagos - Silverstone

44 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Just curious why does Lewis always jump to the defense of Vettel? When Vettel is under attack Lewis always is the first to jump in and defend him. 

Real recognizes real. 

In all seriousness. Seb and Lewis have been in the sport together for a LONG time, travel the world together, are forced to spend time together. There is a bond between all the drivers, especially if they've been in the sport for such a long time together. 

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Real recognizes real. 

In all seriousness. Seb and Lewis have been in the sport together for a LONG time, travel the world together, are forced to spend time together. There is a bond between all the drivers, especially if they've been in the sport for such a long time together. 

Oh defending colleagues, oh careers together, oh friendship, oh strong-bonds, oh loyalty and compassion. 

• Subscriber

Rain seems to be likely; especially for quali (based on current forecasts). 

I wonder if Honda introduces new engine upgrades and takes penalties here ahead of their home race in Suzuka. I know they're introducing new fuel in Sochi. Mercedes are rumoured to bring some new parts as well.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, nudge said:

Rain seems to be likely; especially for quali (based on current forecasts). 

I wonder if Honda introduces new engine upgrades and takes penalties here ahead of their home race in Suzuka. I know they're introducing new fuel in Sochi. Mercedes are rumoured to bring some new parts as well.

Might be raining all day in Sochi Saturday, isn't light rain either.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived