talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

New Teams Joining F1

football forum

• Subscriber

Now this is a very interesting read: https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/audi-mclaren-verkauf-f1-motoren-einstieg-2026/

Es ist das heißeste Gerücht im Fahrerlager. Audi will McLaren kaufen und Porsche will sich ab 2026 mit Red Bull zusammenspannen. Doch wie viel ist am Einstieg der Volkswagen-Töchter wirklich dran? Tatsache ist: Audi und Porsche haben mit vier Teams über eine mögliche Zusammenarbeit gesprochen. Das sind nach Informationen von auto motor und sport McLaren, Red Bull, Williams und Sauber.

Audi and Porsche must make their minds up until December 16 whether they'll join F1, and if yes, in what capacity. It was believed that the two would only join as new engine suppliers, but according to AMuS, even buying an existing team is a possibility. There are rumours in the paddock that Audi want to buy McLaren, who are reluctant to sell, while Porsche are interested in partnering with Red Bull from 2026.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Would be a shame if the name McLaren vanishes from the sport. Or they do a Audi McLaren thing, like BMW did with Williams. 

Now "Red Bull Porsche" just sounds sexy as fuck. 

Yeah, Porsche joining RB would be fantastic.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, nudge said:

Whoa! Andretti and Cadillac have teamed up and will soon be filing a formal entry request with the FIA :o 

Surely they can't say no to this? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Surely they can't say no to this? 

If they do, then they either have something against Andretti personally, or they just truly don't want anyone new to join as a separate entity. Which, in my opinion, would be a huge mistake. F1 badly needs new teams who could potentially shake the order of things... With GM backing, this new addition would surely have enough money to commit long-term.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Whoa! Andretti and Cadillac have teamed up and will soon be filing a formal entry request with the FIA :o 

Ja, it will look nice but will be broken down on the side of the track more often than not.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Coma said:

Ja, it will look nice but will be broken down on the side of the track more often than not.

I don't know, Cadillac have done pretty well in IMSA in recent years. 

I imagine it would open the F1 door for Colton Herta, too. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I don't know, Cadillac have done pretty well in IMSA in recent years. 

I imagine it would open the F1 door for Colton Herta, too. 

That's not been my experience with GM products.  Just sayin.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Oh wow, I didn't know Pantera were still interested. I originally started this thread when they announced their plans, but then haven't heard anything for over 3 years, so thought they had just given up. Good to see they are still serious about it. I would absolutely love an Asian team in F1, and if their promises to start an academy here are true, then it would be a huge boost for up and coming Asian drivers.

I hope this is just temporary political sandbagging by those teams to get something out of the FIA rather than a definitive no.

From an outside perspective that proposal seems to tick all the boxes and trying to stop that is just a fear of competition.

It would be cool to have an actual American F1 team on the grid in addition to the joke that is Haas the MoneyGram Haas F1 Team.

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, Tommy said:

🙄

According to the reports, 9 out of 10 teams are strongly against it, with Alpine being the only exception. I despise F1 more and more every day xD A shitty closed club for a self-proclaimed elite. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Panflute said:

I hope this is just temporary political sandbagging by those teams to get something out of the FIA rather than a definitive no.

From an outside perspective that proposal seems to tick all the boxes and trying to stop that is just a fear of competition.

It would be cool to have an actual American F1 team on the grid in addition to the joke that is Haas the MoneyGram Haas F1 Team.

The teams shouldn't even have any say in this, to be honest. They signed the 2021 Concorde agreement which says that a new entrant has to pay 200m to be distributed equally to the existing teams, so if that condition is fulfilled, their opinions about a new team joining are completely irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

The teams shouldn't even have any say in this, to be honest. They signed the 2021 Concorde agreement which says that a new entrant has to pay 200m to be distributed equally to the existing teams, so if that condition is fulfilled, their opinions about a new team joining are completely irrelevant. 

Yeah I was wondering why they even have a say in the matter. I was also shocked to learn that Ferrari still holds the right to veto certain things.

Ferrari has a lot of special rights. The funniest to me is, like when there's an F1 video game or some other product, the Ferrari has to be in front on the cover or in trailers. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Ferrari has a lot of special rights. The funniest to me is, like when there's an F1 video game or some other product, the Ferrari has to be in front on the cover or in trailers. 

Is that also why they get to sponsor the podium? It just comes across as so desperate.

I also remember some anecdote from the past that Ferrari didn't allow their cars to be put in racing games if there were mechanics in the game that could make the car look damaged when it crashed.

Archived