talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

New Teams Joining F1

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Is that also why they get to sponsor the podium? It just comes across as so desperate.

Wrong Ferrari. That's actually Ferrari Trento, a sparkling wine producer, which is the official F1 podium drink. Not related to the carmaker company.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/01/2023 at 05:03, nudge said:

Oh wow, I didn't know Pantera were still interested. I originally started this thread when they announced their plans, but then haven't heard anything for over 3 years, so thought they had just given up. Good to see they are still serious about it. I would absolutely love an Asian team in F1, and if their promises to start an academy here are true, then it would be a huge boost for up and coming Asian drivers.

I have their slogan all lined up.

Far_Beyond_Driven.jpg

7 hours ago, nudge said:

The teams shouldn't even have any say in this, to be honest. They signed the 2021 Concorde agreement which says that a new entrant has to pay 200m to be distributed equally to the existing teams, so if that condition is fulfilled, their opinions about a new team joining are completely irrelevant. 

9 out of 10? What a bunch of twats.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Greedy cunts trying to strongarm FIA/FOM. Even if the new entry fee is raised in the next Concorde agreement, I am sure they will still keep on moving the goalposts and coming up with more excuses in order to increase their own value without doing absolutely nothing. I bet if somebody said they'd be willing to pay 600m, they would then ask for 1.2b right away. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So according to reports, Ford will provide expertise in areas including battery cell and electric motor technology as well as power unit control software and analytics and combustion engine/hybrid system development, and the new deal runs until at least 2030. So NOT just a branding deal, apparently! Ford will make financial and technical contribution while allowing Red Bull to retain ultimate control, which is reportedly the factor which didn't satisfy Porsche, who wanted to buy a stake in Red Bull's F1 operation.

Archived