The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup - Third Round Matches - 24-25th September

football forum

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Oh dear Spurs. 

Out of the cup. Lost on penalties to to Colchester. 

Poch will find himself under pressure if Spurs carry on like this. Been in awful form this entire calendar year. Not good enough with the players he has at his disposal but for some reason he seems to get a free pass?

• Subscriber

I dare anyone to try and convince Colchester and Crawley fans that the League Cup is obsolete now and should be scrapped. Some decent limbs there.

Spurs out is pretty silly. Go and win a trophy you stupid twats. Getting to the Champions League final might have been a nice day out and a decent pay day but surely the fans want to win something, even if it's the League Cup, you've got to start somewhere and create that winning habit. Mourinho and Guardiola are the biggest trophy hoarders in England of this generation of managers and they go all out for the League Cup, and even the Community Shield each time, no coincidence.

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Poch will find himself under pressure if Spurs carry on like this. Been in awful form this entire calendar year. Not good enough with the players he has at his disposal but for some reason he seems to get a free pass?

Yeah, not seen any media pressure on him like other managers get in far less time with perhaps better results than he's had.

It's desperately under-par for their standards.

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I think taking Tottenham to the Champions League final buys him a lot of good will which is fair enough but I don't think he gets away with the league form for much longer. First time tonight I heard one of the SSN blokes claiming that one of the papers reckons he's under a bit of pressure. With all respect to Spurs I think he's hit the glass ceiling there. Should move to Real Madrid if he gets the chance. If not then he'd be a good fit at Man Utd to make them less of a laughing stock as long as they give him a few years to get up to the level of City and Liverpool.

Great performance from the team. Hoping Emery sees the players that played today as his first choice defence. Chambers & Holding at CB and Bellerin at RB. Don't mind Kolasinac or Tierney at LB but arguably the whole back 4 should be different than the one we've been playing in the league.

6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

People are actually serious about Pochettino getting sacked. Madness. 

Along for his head is very premature, but it can’t be denied that their start to the season has been garbage.

• Subscriber

Questions should obviously be asked over their form but at the end of the day, can anyone realistically envisage a scenario where Spurs sacked Pochettino and find themselves better off in 6 months, a year or 3 years than they would have been if they didn't sack him? Not me.

32 minutes ago, Rick said:

Along for his head is very premature, but it can’t be denied that their start to the season has been garbage.

7th after 6 games (3 Pts off 3rd), a draw in their opening game in the Champions League and out of the lowest priority competition at the first time of asking? I wouldn’t class that as “garbage” myself. If after 12-15 games and they’re in a worse position then yeah, you can start questioning them. 

53 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Spurs won't get a better manager than him. It's alright to say he has good players but he has built that team. I think people need to remember where spurs were before he took over. Also spurs need to prioritize being in the champions league for finances. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Oh dear Spurs. 

Out of the cup. Lost on penalties to to Colchester. 

They were 14.00!!! I was so close to putting a tenner on that.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don't know if the people on here are saying that but Tottenham tend to always start the season slow before shifting to gear. I would agree its mad to want him sacked at this point.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

I really think Stoke could get relegated. Everything about them is rotten.

There’s definitely some similarities there with Sunderland, though a fair amount of their issues were owner related. It doesn’t seem so at Stoke. It seems to be more deep rooted playing squad issues and they’re lumbered with players who are still on Premier League wages in the Championship and have been labelled with having a bad attitude etc that they can’t get shot of. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

There’s definitely some similarities there with Sunderland, though a fair amount of their issues were owner related. It doesn’t seem so at Stoke. It seems to be more deep rooted playing squad issues and they’re lumbered with players who are still on Premier League wages in the Championship and have been labelled with having a bad attitude etc that they can’t get shot of. 

I went to a couple of their games last season as I've got a mate who supports them and they gave me a couple of tickets so I just went up. Thought they were appalling both games (won one and drew one amazingly) but the one at the end of the season was terrifying, drew 2-2 at home to Rotherham after being 2-0 up and they really were just completely outplayed start to finish, by Rotherham United, at home.

The squad is toxic. Far too much resting on laurels. They are in need of a total overhaul as a squad but they've tied down too much rubbish to be able to do it.

The manager's looking like he's made an error too. Could it be possible he ends up back at Luton? Their new manager's not done too well either.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Any player who started in the league in Sunday shouldn't be involved here. Good opportunity for players like Gomez, Chamberlain and a few others to get minutes though.

Brewster is getting a run which I think is good for the guy from what I hear. Agree on the giving players a rest, didn't Mane come away with a leg needing attention as well? Could have sworn he was being iced.

• Administrator

Going to MK Dons tonight for their game against Liverpool. My mate's missus can't go so he's asked me.

Should be decent and more of an atmosphere than when I was last there for their game against Lincoln. Can't imagine there'll be many empty seats...

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Going to MK Dons tonight for their game against Liverpool. My mate's missus can't go so he's asked me.

Should be decent and more of an atmosphere than when I was last there for their game against Lincoln. Can't imagine there'll be many empty seats...

I was meant to be going to this for my podcast but once again I've had to cancel it due to funding O.o I will get episode 1 recorded eventually!! Should be a good one. Hoping Liverpool win though as can't really stand MK Dons as I've previously voiced.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived