• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup - Third Round Matches - 24-25th September

football forum

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Easy game in the end and we really should have had more, Elliot's ball hitting the top bar and coming back out was a bit unlucky but overall have to be pleased we got out of that with the win. Keheller was also good on the night and stopped a great header from ending in the back of the net. 

24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What?

Qualifying for Europe 'pretty regular'. Sporadic at best.

Some good performances from the youngsters tonight. Hoever better second half. Jones was good throughout. Elliot dangerous and unlucky not to score. Brewster was quiet. Keeper was good although had a couple of dodgy moments.

Few of them you could tell hadn't played much football. Gomez, Lallana, Keita all looked well off. Chamberlain was better second half I thought. Same with Lovren. Milner was the best player in the pitch by a mile.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

The sides looking for Europa League qualification should be going all out. Winning this competition would see them already qualified in February or March.

Anyway, decent half from this side. Lots of possession. Maybe a little slow at times but I think they've been comfortable aside from maybe the first few minutes. Liking the keepers starting position. He's been out quickly a few times

League form is far more important. In the past ten years, it’s largely been won by United, City, Chelsea or Liverpool. The chances of winning it are slim. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Qualifying for Europe 'pretty regular'. Sporadic at best.

Some good performances from the youngsters tonight. Hoever better second half. Jones was good throughout. Elliot dangerous and unlucky not to score. Brewster was quiet. Keeper was good although had a couple of dodgy moments.

Few of them you could tell hadn't played much football. Gomez, Lallana, Keita all looked well off. Chamberlain was better second half I thought. Same with Lovren. Milner was the best player in the pitch by a mile.

Yeah pretty regularly. We've finished in the top 7 in 11 of the last 16 seasons. I cant be arsed looking up exactly how many of those resulted in Europe but I think youd be hard pressed to find more than 2 or maybe 3 seasons in a row where we've not been in it in some shape or form. But if "pretty regularly" upsets your 'someone said something vaguely positive about Everton' radar too much I'll rephrase it to "often enough for me not to be that arsed about it".

Great to see such a young side put out, We know by now that Klopp doesn't take the domestic cups seriously unless its against Man City. I thought most of the lads had good games and can definitely see Jones, Elliot and Hoever getting a fee more chances this season as well as Brewster as klopp seems to be high on him.

• Subscriber

A home draw and four of the remaining big five drawn against each other should be cause to get excited for us. We should be looking to go through against Watford regardless of how daft we've been so far this season.

In terms of winning the thing though, Man City are already through and they'll draw the winner of Oxford - Sunderland next. Only Chelsea on a good day or a full-strength Liverpool are likely to stop them winning this again.

Odds still stacked against us but slightly less so than they were before that draw.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived