• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

US State NT Popularity

Recommended Posts

football forum

Now that we're on the topic...

This could make for a good discussion.

It's as expected but I love how England and Spain take the off mainland states!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought Mexico would have controlled more. 

Lousiana choosing French makes the most sense out of everything. 

No offense, but I have no idea how Peru can be the most popular NT team in those states unless those States have a large enough Peruvian population that go to soccer.com. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
Just now, Eco said:

Thought Mexico would have controlled more. 

Lousiana choosing French makes the most sense out of everything. 

No offense, but I have no idea how Peru can be the most popular NT team in those states unless those States have a large enough Peruvian population that go to soccer.com. 

There are tons of Peruvians in New York and Miami. Michigan I'm not too sure, but there is a reason most of our US games are in New York, cos there are way too many.

Kansas makes no sense though. I didn't even know Peruvians in Kansas was a thing.

Which is the one Egypt controls? That comes as a surprise to me. I also expected more Colombia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grizzly21 said:

There are tons of Peruvians in New York and Miami. Michigan I'm not too sure, but there is a reason most of our US games are in New York, cos there are way too many.

Kansas makes no sense though. I didn't even know Peruvians in Kansas was a thing.

Which is the one Egypt controls? That comes as a surprise to me. I also expected more Colombia.

South Carolina. 

Makes no sense as that is not a friendly place towards Muslims. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
3 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

There are tons of Peruvians in New York and Miami. Michigan I'm not too sure, but there is a reason most of our US games are in New York, cos there are way too many.

Kansas makes no sense though. I didn't even know Peruvians in Kansas was a thing.

Which is the one Egypt controls? That comes as a surprise to me. I also expected more Colombia.

So apparently there are 66k Peruvians in New York. That seems way too low and we brought 25K when we played Iceland in march. Does that mean a third of Peruvians showed up to the game roughly?

Even if the map is inaccurate, 66K still seems to low. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

So apparently there are 66k Peruvians in New York. That seems way too low and we brought 25K when we played Iceland in march. Does that mean a third of Peruvians showed up to the game roughly?

Even if the map is inaccurate, 66K still seems to low. 

It probably means 65k of the 66k Peruvians took part in the soccer.com survey. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
Just now, Eco said:

It probably means 65k of the 66k Peruvians took part in the soccer.com survey. 

I was looking at demographics, not the actual survey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

It probably means 65k of the 66k Peruvians took part in the soccer.com survey. 

It's not a survey; just the top-selling federation jerseys in each U.S. state at the time of last World Cup.

Full details here: https://www.soccer.com/guide/infographic-top-jerseys-2018-fifa-world-cup

 

Egypt jersey sales influenced by Salah/Liverpool surely?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

 

It's not a survey; just the top-selling federation jerseys in each U.S. state at the time of last World Cup.

 Full details here: https://www.soccer.com/guide/infographic-top-jerseys-2018-fifa-world-cup

 

Egypt jersey sales influenced by Salah/Liverpool surely?

Ah, that makes more sense, and a good year to do it as it didn't involve the mighty U.S. 

Be interesting if the Dutch and Italians were in there, how that would have effected it. Surely NY would then become Italian, as well as a lot of NE States. 

Not sure if the Dutch would have changed anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Ah, that makes more sense, and a good year to do it as it didn't involve the mighty U.S. 

Be interesting if the Dutch and Italians were in there, how that would have effected it. Surely NY would then become Italian, as well as a lot of NE States. 

Not sure if the Dutch would have changed anything. 

Think that's true. The Italians being out skewed it quite a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eco said:

South Carolina. 

Makes no sense as that is not a friendly place towards Muslims. 

Not all Egyptians are Muslim though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not all Egyptians are Muslim though...

No, but it is the State Religion since 1980 and according to the constitution, all legislation must agree with Islamic Law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eco said:

No, but it is the State Religion since 1980 and according to the constitution, all legislation must agree with Islamic Law.

What does that have to with Egyptians living in South Carolina? They don’t have to follow Islamic law because they were born on a particular patch of dirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

What does that have to with Egyptians living in South Carolina? They don’t have to follow Islamic law because they were born on a particular patch of dirt

I didn't say anything about Egyptians living in South Carolina though? xD

I said I'm surprised a lot of people in South Carolina bought Egyptian shirts for the World Cup. I don't think their is a large Egyptian population there, AND they are aren't the kindest folks towards an Islamic country. I would guessed that they would have sided with someone like England or France. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Eco said:

I didn't say anything about Egyptians living in South Carolina though? xD

I said I'm surprised a lot of people in South Carolina bought Egyptian shirts for the World Cup. I don't think their is a large Egyptian population there, AND they are aren't the kindest folks towards an Islamic country. I would guessed that they would have sided with someone like England or France. 

It was the implication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

It was the implication.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Not all Egyptians are Muslim though...

My best friend up here is a Christian Egyptian. I would guess they left Egypt cos of discrimination. I would say there isn’t enough people to fill a whole state but it just takes one simple look at Egypt’s overall population...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement