talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool have 'broken Barcelona'.

football forum

With the Catalan media wheeling out all kind of reasoning for Barcelona’s poor start to the season (they’re eighth after five matches), Jurgen Klopp’s men are popping up more often than not.

Catalan newspaper La Vanguardia today goes with a headline reading: ‘Barça remains paralysed four months after Liverpool’

It’s then explained Ernesto Valverde’s side haven’t recovered from that night at Anfield four months ago, when Liverpool turned the Champions League tie on its head and sent Barcelona out of the competition.

The club ‘remains in a state of shock’ since the 4-0 defeat, described as one of the ‘cruelest’ in Barca’s history. They’re ‘unable to move forward’ and there’s ‘no reliable signs of recovery’.

Following the club’s latest away defeat, to Granada, it’s even stated that perhaps the easiest remedy would have been to sack Valverde immediately after the match at Anfield.

Such is the weight being given to Liverpool in all of this, La Vanguardia actually has two articles on it today.

The second has a headline reading: ‘Every day is Liverpool’

The Barcelona team are ‘trapped in Anfield’, and every time they have to travel for an away game the whole trauma returns and holds them back.

Liverpool, you’ve broken Barcelona.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

https://www.lavanguardia.com/deportes/fc-barcelona/20190923/47558230298/crisis-barcelona-granada-valverde-liverpool-bartomeu.html

That's the article.

As for them being paralyzed? I think they can attribute all of that to their coach and the fact that they aren't the European powerhouse they used to be. Granted we did take them apart at Anfield but lets be honest we'd take a lot of great teams apart at Anfield with the form we were in. They've also missed Messi quite a bit this season so its perhaps attributed to that? I think that's a dangerous thing for them in the long run but with the acquisitions they've made over the summer and some time they'll come good again domestically which is where it really has to all start.

There are three primary reasons for the slump.

1. The players are trapped at Barcelona, and trapped under Ernesto Valverde.

2. The players have downed tools in protest after the club failed to secure Neymar in the summer.

3. The pursuit of Neymar itself and what it meant about the true identity of Barcelona and what its really all about these days created a crisis of the soul which still hands over the existing crop of players

Also 4. Liverpool broke them

Barcelona have been broken since the day they sold out their morals and got their Qatari sponsor. Puyol has now rejected the sporting director role, he always gave the impression of a real Barcelona man, unimpressed by the fawning sycophancy that you see across the media, and on here, and dedicated to the club. They're gone as a social force for Barcelona, they're a corporate behemoth alongside Apple and Coca Cola.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Barcelona have been broken since the day they sold out their morals and got their Qatari sponsor. Puyol has now rejected the sporting director role, he always gave the impression of a real Barcelona man, unimpressed by the fawning sycophancy that you see across the media, and on here, and dedicated to the club. They're gone as a social force for Barcelona, they're a corporate behemoth alongside Apple and Coca Cola.

I agree with a lot of that! Indeed we can track back to that sponsor (originally Qatar Foundation which is even worse and more questionable than the latter Qatar Airways)... The club members (socios = the fans that continue to own said football club) consistently protested in an official tone on such a subject until it finally forced the change we now have. Hence the bad relations with PSG which have nothing to do with what the Parisien club would tell us on Barcelona showing interest in their players as an objective of future recruitment, but on the fact that Paris Saint-Germain is the publicity representative of the State of Qatar in continental Europe.

Barcelona so as to maintain their competitiveness which is something one must respect considering the size of the institution and its significance within the sport of football unfortunately and sadly had to move with the times and apply the shirt sponsorship tool as a modum of generating the additional funds required to be able to compete amongst its peers, those clubs that share such an institutional significance within the sport and within the shared continental confederation (UEFA).

On a sentimental argument, I repeat, I wholly agree with almost every word when taken into context of reality and facts. Carles Puyol is indeed a man of principles and this is now the SECOND TIME the club legend has refused the same offer from the club he holds so dearly to his heart.

New signings will need to settle in before Barcelona will become a force.  I find it Strange watching de Jong at Barcelona, he is playing a completely different role to what I have seen him,  he is playing much further up the field which is extremely strange. de Jong's strength is to pick the ball up from deep even from the keepers throw out, he sits deep to orchestrate the play.

6 hours ago, Panna King said:

New signings will need to settle in before Barcelona will become a force.  I find it Strange watching de Jong at Barcelona, he is playing a completely different role to what I have seen him,  he is playing much further up the field which is extremely strange. de Jong's strength is to pick the ball up from deep even from the keepers throw out, he sits deep to orchestrate the play.

They did the same with Coutinho. Look how he played while with us and again how hes playing with Bayern.

Barcelona just didn't know how to use him. Pathetic really.

I just wrote a massive post in Huawei notes, lost it all by accidentally deleting it, but due to Huawei phones being utter wank Chinese shite, it automatically saves it rather than promoting you to save it like a proper phone would, so everything is just lost. 

It won't let me open pdf files now, my Internet banking is no longer supported, photos save to the phone even though I have it set to memory card and then you get shit like this.

I'm due an upgrade in a month(which will never be Huawei) and can't wait to smash this cunt to absolute bits, I'm going to get a sledgehammer on the fucka, then get a Sthill saw out, cut the piece of shite into bits before running over it in a dumper. 

Barcelona are in a mess, but no one will admit it, they have been crumbling for a while now, they have gone stale a bit like the last ten years of Arsene Wenger's time at Arsenal. Barcelona are panic buying a lot of shit players, they weren't buying winners in the past but players like Dembele and Malcolm etc who are just happy sit around on their ass doing nothing. Barcelona also failed to use their youth at those times which has left the team very unbalanced with also a huge sum of money wasted on pointless players. 

The players with the winning mentality are old now and coming to the end of their careers, the new players they have bought this season are going to take time to settle but It doesn't help when they are played in a different position and role to what they are used to.   The Current manager is not good enough also, really poor tactically and he had to be sacked last season.

11 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I just wrote a massive post in Huawei notes, lost it all by accidentally deleting it, but due to Huawei phones being utter wank Chinese shite, it automatically saves it rather than promoting you to save it like a proper phone would. 

It won't let me open pdf files now, my Internet is no longer supported, photos save to the phone even though I have it set to memory card and then you get shit like this.

I'm due an upgrade in a month(which will never be Huawei) and can't wait to smash this cunt to absolute bits, I'm going to get a sledgehammer on the fucka.

China hacked it and will use that post in the China Times on their sport section.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Panna King said:

Barcelona are in a mess, but no one will admit it,

Plenty have admitted here. 

If you mean from the club, it's hugely unlikely any high-ranking official/staff member will come out and publicly say it. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Plenty have admitted here. 

If you mean from the club, it's hugely unlikely any high-ranking official/staff member will come out and publicly say it. 

Yeah but not pro Barca, they were even defending shit players like Malcolm.   Barca sold out a few years ago and now they are paying for it!

6 hours ago, Harry said:

I think they just need a manager that would re energise them.

And la Masia players that respect and love the team. Just like most of the negative news about the club, the zero regard for respect from Arthur towards the club is even worst the second time around. 

Neymar throws a party to celebrate his birthday in Paris. everyone but Arthur declined and after partying in Paris, he was approached by the club to inform him that his actions were foolish and went against the club standards by being the only one to side with the traitor and party... you would think valverde and barto made it clear enough that it's more than just a club, but the only club Arthur was worried about was the one he would go to with neymar as he visited barcelona for a trial against the club... :rofl:

Still rate Arthur very highly and tbf, he doesn't deserve the blame. Its the president/ his puppets and the fans that have allowed such a cunt like barto to lower the way players see the club. Don Perez would never allow such thing to happen ONCE, nevertheless twice. 

Archived