talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christian Pulisic vs Alphonso Davies vs Hirving Lozano

football forum

Didn't think this was appropriate to post in the PL forum (because Pulisic) so lets post this here.

The 3 big North American countries against each other. Pulisic has been struggling to find consistency at his clubs since his big breakout season a few years ago. Alphonso Davies is still developing but gets minutes at Bayern every so often and is sometimes touted as Canada's best player anyways. Hirving Lozano is the most developed and while immensely talented, there is still something missing I reckon.

What do we think here?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what I've seen of Pulisic to be honest, but you could honestly argue that he is overrated by Americans and his overall fee, but from what I have seen I do like his style and think he's very talented. Think he made a wise move skipping MLS, while it's a not a bad league to start in developing at a top European club is so much better.

Alphonso Davies debuted early in the MLS and impressed so much he got a big money move to Bayern. Getting minutes here and there for Bayern which is not bad especially given a lot of people thought he would just go to play in the II team. I reckon he's the most talented of all 3, but the least developed.

Hirving Lozano is a weird one for me. I've rated him since Pachuca and he obviously gets numbers, but I just can't put my finger on what is missing from him. I prefer Corona when it comes to Mexican players, but obviously the big young player is el Chuky so that's why I've picked him for this thread.

• Administrator

Lozano all fucking day. 

Davies with more regular experience will be so good. He dominated MLS. Doing alright at Bayern I think? 

Pulisic is barely playing at Chelsea but Lampard is being patient with him. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Lozano all fucking day. 

Davies with more regular experience will be so good. He dominated MLS. Doing alright at Bayern I think? 

Pulisic is barely playing at Chelsea but Lampard is being patient with him. 

Davies has certainly gone to Bayern to play and eventually break in the first team, not just to develop. For that money though you would have expected it.

Pulisic is overrated but only considering the people who overrate him as well as the price tag, although I like him as a player for what it's worth. 

• 3 months later...

Well, they are all very talented players. But Hirving Lozano is the oldest at 24 years of age and then Pulisic at 21 and then Davies who is still a teenager at 19.

All 3 are great at dribbling, but out of the 3 I am going to go for Davies as my preferred choice.

Alphonso Davies in my opinion has the most potential out of the 3 and he has already shown some incredible ability. His pace is out of this world, but he also has amazing trickery and dribbling ability when on the ball. He has already shown this season at Bayern that he is a really influential player at only 19. With more experience, it is very likely that he will improve and become even better, which will be a frightening thought for any opposing teams.

My 2nd choice would be Lozano. He similar to Davies is very quick and also a very talented dribbler. He has created many goals at club and international team level. But I have seen him on numerous occasions miss chances in which he should of really scored. So I think that his finishing ability does leave a lot to be desired at times. He has scored some beautiful goals, but from my experience of watching him, he has missed his fair share of goal scoring chances. At 24, he is unlikely to improve in this area and this is an area that really does let him down, because otherwise he would be rated even higher.

I've placed Pulisic as 3rd choice. Similar to what the Guest wrote, I do also think that Pulisic is overrated because he ihappens to be an American. All the large American sports networks have hyped him up for years. Now on his day, Pulisic is a super player. His movement off the ball, his dribbling and his passing ability are all very impressive. Hieis also a decent finisher in front of goal. So he has all these important footballing traits, but all too often I have seen him have quite games. I think that inconsistency appears to be Pulisic's biggest flaw. 

It's not surprising that he is mainly benched at Chelsea, because he was also mainly benched in his last season at Dortmund. Modern football at the highest level is all about consistency and the big clubs can't afford their players to have too many average games. Pulisic is still only 21, so I suppose there is still time for him to rectify this flaw and to become more consistent. But at this point, that remains to be seen. As he has more average games than the other 2 players mentioned, I placed him as my 3rd choice.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived