Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

UEFA European Conference League - Coming in 2021

Unless there are significant financial incentives, won't it just be a large burden on smaller clubs who don’t have much squad depth? 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Unless there are significant financial incentives, won't it just be a large burden on smaller clubs who don’t have much squad depth? 

Think you answered your own question 

• Haha 1

It’s a strange article I’ve linked to this. Admittedly details are scarce at the minute so the ones in the article may well be wrong. 

It mentions that this will be a tournament for clubs from the smaller member nations, which is fine with me as it gives teams from these countries an opportunity to win a meaningful trophy and hopefully it will mean qualification for the Champions League and Europa League don’t continue starting an hour after the final whistle of the the respective trophies finals. I know it makes for good memories but pitting Wolves v Crusaders in a qualification game is just utterly pointless. 

However, the article goes on to state an English team will be involved, which is strange? How’s this going to work?