UEFA Nations League 2020 - The Sequel

football forum

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it’s based off the last Nations League, the pots should look like this: 

Pot 1 - England, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland

Pot 2 - Belgium, France, Spain, Italy. 

Pot 3 - Croatia, Germany, Iceland, Poland. 

Pot 4 - Bosnia, Sweden, Denmark, Ukraine. 

Would take Belgium/France, Germany and Sweden for England. 

On 24/09/2019 at 21:15, Smiley Culture said:

If it’s based off the last Nations League, the pots should look like this: 

Pot 1 - England, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland

Pot 2 - Belgium, France, Spain, Italy. 

Pot 3 - Croatia, Germany, Iceland, Poland. 

Pot 4 - Bosnia, Sweden, Denmark, Ukraine. 

Would take Belgium/France, Germany and Sweden for England. 

Did they say if this ties into World Cup qualification?

• 5 months later...

So, the draw for this is tomorrow. 

Absolutely loves the first instalment of the Nations League. I was sceptical about due to how easy it was to understand and whether sides would take it seriously and it really was good, lower ranked sides played similar standard nations and the England performance was pleasing, till they were beaten by Netherlands. 

England will face one of the following from each section. 

Pot Two - Spain, France, Italy, Belgium. 
Pot Three - Bosnia, Ukraine, Denmark, Sweden. 
Pot Four - Croatia, Germany, Iceland, Poland. 

Want France/Belgium, Denmark and Germany. 

Good for seeing competitive matches in international breaks but don't understand what essence it will ever get ! especially when it's played in the qualification to the Euros, with one or two teams qualifying from one the lower leagues to the Euros it might edge the Euro Cup in competitiveness 

They should link qualification and the Nations League like the Europa and Champions League, teams that are relegated/can't progress from top leagues and teams that are promoted from lower leagues should play in the qualifications, teams that progressed from the top leagues shouldn't play qualification again that should be enough to ensure qualification for them  

• Subscriber

Soon as I saw Croatia and Sweden were in the same group I was convinced it was the usual suspects for us xD

Think it's pretty obvious how our group is going to finish.

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Russia is in a group with Hungary, Turkey, and Serbia. What a shit show this will be. 

With all due respect, you got a piss easy group compared to the group Ukraine got.

Czech Republic, Scotland, Slovakia, Israel all in one group.

I am sure the Czech Republic and Slovakia were also in the same group in the previous Nations League a couple of years ago. Scotland will have their work cut out in this group.

On 24/09/2019 at 22:07, RandoEFC said:

Should be decent, I enjoyed this last time around even though a lot of people seemed to hate it.

Really? The general impression I got was people liked it?

Actually looked at the poll on here and most didn't seem to interested in it. I think generally people preferred it to friendlies though. 

• 5 months later...

So according to kicker, things will start the first week of September for the new and improved, bigger and better Nations League (saving the German NT from being a B team).  I think most people liked the format, at least you had teams of the same strength playing each other, I dunno, still seemed like a bunch of friendlies to me. 

It almost seems things are getting back to normal-sans fans- in the football world.  Geez, it was only a short while ago I was watching the Belarusliga on YouTube.

28 minutes ago, binder said:

So according to kicker, things will start the first week of September for the new and improved, bigger and better Nations League (saving the German NT from being a B team).  I think most people liked the format, at least you had teams of the same strength playing each other, I dunno, still seemed like a bunch of friendlies to me. 

It almost seems things are getting back to normal-sans fans- in the football world.  Geez, it was only a short while ago I was watching the Belarusliga on YouTube.

Having watched England live playing a friendly and playing in the Nations League, there was a distinct difference in terms of competitiveness and intensity. 

Archived