talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Last of Us Part 2: Release 21/02/20

football forum

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I thought it was very good. Ambitious? Yes. But what we were we to expect from the developer after they put the first masterpiece out. I honestly thought losing some characters might have made me like it less but overall it kind of works. The beginning is such a slow draw and the snow mechanics were actually really nice. I still think everyone should play this once before taking a call on it and I can't really get the internet's issue with it.

I couldnt have said it any better. I was waiting to watch dunkeys video on it as I saw he posted one a week or so ago and basically he echos exactly what you've said as well. The outrage culture is just insane, the game absolutely works with what they did and I think its really a shame the leaks tarnished peoples thinking before the game was even released. I heard the other day the voice actor for Abby was receiving death threats over social media ffs. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I couldnt have said it any better. I was waiting to watch dunkeys video on it as I saw he posted one a week or so ago and basically he echos exactly what you've said as well. The outrage culture is just insane, the game absolutely works with what they did and I think its really a shame the leaks tarnished peoples thinking before the game was even released. I heard the other day the voice actor for Abby was receiving death threats over social media ffs. 

I'll never understand people's outrage over this game personally. Call it out for being shoddy, call it out for being a cash-throwaway that doesnt delivery on the mechanics but they went after such petty plot writing that it made me wonder what they were really angry about. The worst part is that there are so many people who haven't played it and are outraged based on someone elses words and that to me is just weird. 

As for death-threats. The day social media loses its immunity and prosecution gets better is the day the whole internet will be a better place.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

No spoilers if possible please. :)

Although I did read about death threats being made and feel like banging my head against a wall. :dash3:

I thought about you not having played it and didn't reveal much haha. 

• Subscriber

Yep no worries I wont say anything without spoiler tags thats relevant.

For all the negative publicity and slander the game recieved im glad I just ignored it all and just experienced the game for myself, it was nearly perfect. Ill definitely be going back and playing the first and second again at some point but I have a more games to get to first. Up next for me I think is going to be Witcher 3.. for some reason I only played 5 hours or so and put it aside to play other things years ago.. the show renewed me interest!

Admittedly I haven't got it yet due to work and assignments but will try and get it at some point, probably after I finish Yakuza 3 as much as I feel like so not to burn out with the series (got 4 and 5 as part of the remastered collection, then buy 6, play Judgment and maybe 7 will be out then). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I still havent stopped thinking about this game since finishing it jesus christ xD Ive been watching as many reviews as I can find and I dont think Ive ever seen such a divisive game before but god damn i still love it. Taking a step back the only game I probably like more in recent times or even of all time is God of War.

Probably one of the best reviews ive seen, obviously dont watch this if your not done the game (I have no idea who this guy is but it doesnt matter)

• 6 months later...

Only started it a few days back. Where she's on the horse with her lesbo mate and a blizzard is blowing. They take refuge in some shed and in the basement find a weed growing. Am at the stage where they are smoking weed, start kissing then it suddenly switches scenes. You have to sprint away from loads of the infected, am stuck on this section.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
10 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Abi has immense biceps.

That she does, scary looking woman. This is partly what makes the game so unique, I cant recall ever being forced to play the perceived villain in the same game. More details come out as you go along and you now get to experience things from her perspective. Its a real treat. God damn I love this game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 21/03/2021 at 03:17, MUFC said:

Finished the game last night. Ending is really touching, almost as emotional as when Goose died in Top Gun.

Pretty divisive game for a few reason but what did you think overall?

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Pretty divisive game for a few reason but what did you think overall?

I loved it to be honest. Have played Resident Evil 2 remake and Resident Evil Biohazard. I found the last of us to be easier but more realistic. The sneak up stealth helped but Resident Evil, sometimes you had to use all your ammo to kill one zombie.

The storyline was brilliant and I found the game to be emotionally addictive. The only issue I had was one of Abi and Elly not killing each other. Each time they let each other off the hook. There is scope for another game and rumor is it's coming on PS5. Maybe tracking down the lady and the baby she was an item with before going away?

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I loved it to be honest. Have played Resident Evil 2 remake and Resident Evil Biohazard. I found the last of us to be easier but more realistic. The sneak up stealth helped but Resident Evil, sometimes you had to use all your ammo to kill one zombie.

The storyline was brilliant and I found the game to be emotionally addictive. The only issue I had was one of Abi and Elly not killing each other. Each time they let each other off the hook. There is scope for another game and rumor is it's coming on PS5. Maybe tracking down the lady and the baby she was an item with before going away?

I dont have an issue with this, not saying your right or wrong everyone will have their own opinion on this. But basically the way I interpret it is they both had revenge arcs (Abby losing her dad, Ellie losing Joel) they both went through and lost nearly everything in search of revenge but once they got to that point (abby first) she decided it wasnt worth it and tried to break the cycle. Ellie went through the exact same, settled in with the baby and Dina but ultimately thought she had to still get revenge came to the brink and broke the cycle once more. Even the little detail of Ellie losing her finger in the battle with Abby serves as a permanent reminder of the event and it rid her of the ability to play guitar which was the last thing she had as attachment/reminder of Joel. 

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I dont have an issue with this, not saying your right or wrong everyone will have their own opinion on this. But basically the way I interpret it is they both had revenge arcs (Abby losing her dad, Ellie losing Joel) they both went through and lost nearly everything in search of revenge but once they got to that point (abby first) she decided it wasnt worth it and tried to break the cycle. Ellie went through the exact same, settled in with the baby and Dina but ultimately thought she had to still get revenge came to the brink and broke the cycle once more. Even the little detail of Ellie losing her finger in the battle with Abby serves as a permanent reminder of the event and it rid her of the ability to play guitar which was the last thing she had as attachment/reminder of Joel. 

I know they didn't kill each other due to past events. But they fought to the death only to back out last second. Anyway, I hope a third one comes out as both games have been epic.

• Subscriber
On 16/07/2020 at 10:20, Viva la FCB said:

I still havent stopped thinking about this game since finishing it jesus christ xD Ive been watching as many reviews as I can find and I dont think Ive ever seen such a divisive game before but god damn i still love it. Taking a step back the only game I probably like more in recent times or even of all time is God of War.

Probably one of the best reviews ive seen, obviously dont watch this if your not done the game (I have no idea who this guy is but it doesnt matter)

@MUFC if you have time check out this guys breakdown. I scoured the internet checking out all kinds of reviews and opinion pieces and this was by far the best, and the one I was on board with the most. The guy doesnt really do game reviews in general so it was a refreshing take.

12 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

@MUFC if you have time check out this guys breakdown. I scoured the internet checking out all kinds of reviews and opinion pieces and this was by far the best, and the one I was on board with the most. The guy doesnt really do game reviews in general so it was a refreshing take.

People seem to be opposite side of the scales for this game.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, MUFC said:

People seem to be opposite side of the scales for this game.

Outrage is always louder then the positive takes. The leaks unfortunately ruined alot of peoples opinions on the game way before anyone had ever had the chance to pick it up and I genuinely believe that. I avoided all of them and came into it fresh and with an open mind and had no quarrels. Not to say there wouldnt have been people that where outraged and incensed over the direction they decided to go, thats absolutely open for criticism and they would have known that it would be divisive. For me it paid off and I absolutely adored this game, I genuinely believe its a master piece. I think time as time goes on it will be remembered more fondly anyways but well see. Either way i cant wait for another installment. 

Archived