13 - Chelsea or Grimsby
14 - Everton
15 - Arsenal
16 - Crawley 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Burton away xD been there god knows how many times for friendlies.

It's far too well set up for us to lose to Man City at home in the quarters before they get a lower league side in the semis for the third year running.

Think it's panned out a great draw personally.

Brilliant tie for Crawley and Colchester knowing what's at stake. That doesn't happen too often for clubs like these.

So there will be a League Two side in the Quater Finals which is good.

There will also be a League One club in there too. And hopefully, that is Oxford.

Great also for the likes of Leicester, Everton, Watford, Villa and Wolves knowing 2 more of the 'Big 6' will exit the competition too. It makes their games extra competitive knowing there is a chance.

Of course the biggest threat remains in City but for now, the rest can still dream.

• Administrator

Burton seems a popular game for us. Think this will be the 3rd time we've played them in about 4 or 5 years in League Cup?

Some decent ties. West Midlands derby, Chelsea vs Utd, Liverpool vs Arsenal.

As Lucas said above, good opportunity for other sides to go far again with those last 2 ties knocking a big club out.

On 26/09/2019 at 07:38, Chaaay AFC said:

Don't really fancy another trip to Anfield, should be a bit more competitive I hope as weakened teams will be played. Not really bothered either way, could be a good time to go out. The youngsters will get some decent game time in the Europa. 

I remember when we won 6.3 there. Think it coild go either way. 

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I remember when we won 6.3 there. Think it coild go either way. 

Baptista got a hatrick (or possibly four?) Think it was the quarter final of the League Cup, played some time in January because the original fixture was called off because of heavy fog

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Baptista got a hatrick (or possibly four?) Think it was the quarter final of the League Cup, played some time in January because the original fixture was called off because of heavy fog

Yeah he got 4. Yeah it was I remember that now. We beat you in the FA cup aswell that year. Then you smashed us at in the league 4.1 when crouch got a hatrick. At the moment you are so far ahead of us. Maybe abamayang would get in your team but that is it. But the league cup is a different matter. I'd like to win it but for me this year getting in the champions league is the most important thing for the growth of the club

No shock they decide to show the two heavyweight fixtures but on the same night? What is the point of that?

If that is the case, why not show one of the other games on the Tuesday?

Crawley v Colchester or even Burton v Leicester, which are actually scheduled for Tuesday?

And the competition wonders why it fucks up and people don't respect it.

Odd behaviour.

13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

No shock they decide to show the two heavyweight fixtures but on the same night? What is the point of that?

If that is the case, why not show one of the other games on the Tuesday?

Crawley v Colchester or even Burton v Leicester, which are actually scheduled for Tuesday?

And the competition wonders why it fucks up and people don't respect it.

Odd behaviour.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd play on the Sunday so I'm assuming none will play Tuesday. All sides will probably make wholesale changes so I don't see why one game couldn't be Tuesday.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd play on the Sunday so I'm assuming none will play Tuesday. All sides will probably make wholesale changes so I don't see why one game couldn't be Tuesday.

Or have them play on the Wednesday but not choose it for TV coverage? 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Or have them play on the Wednesday but not choose it for TV coverage? 

I agree but I'm assuming from Sky's point of view those two individual games, even though they clash, will get a lot more viewers than if any of the other games were televised on the Tuesday

• The topic was unpinned

Archived