• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

European Golden Boy

Recommended Posts

How young do you have to be to be in contention for this? Because if it's under-21 I see a pretty obvious missing name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How young do you have to be to be in contention for this? Because if it's under-21 I see a pretty obvious missing name

Are you talking about TAA?

If so I was also wondering why he's absent...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How young do you have to be to be in contention for this? Because if it's under-21 I see a pretty obvious missing name

yeah how the fuck is TAA not there?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Are you talking about TAA?

If so I was also wondering why he's absent...

Yeah he’s better than most of these kids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

How the actual fuck is Rodrygo Goes here. If Vinicius is supposedly overrated, this other kid is worse in my opinion. That's not my problem though, what has he done to merit a spot on here besides being "promising"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

I say De Ligt or Joao Felix.

The former will likely win it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The former will likely win it 

I think he should win it too. Joao Felix is great but he needed just a bit more time in La Liga in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mbappe should still be on there. He's still 20 after all and while he's now a senior player for his side(so is De ligt and he also won it last year i think?) and already one of the world's best, he should still be eligible for this award.

Where is Trent Alexander-Arnold also? Ridiculous to leave him out, unless I'm completely missing something.

Real Madrid also get names on there and players in the team of the year(Modric? Marcelo? hilarious) for nothing.

The real best under 21 year olds over the course of the year(or last season) I'd say:-

1. Kylian Mbappe

2. Matthijs de Ligt

3. Trent Alexander-Arnold

Joao Felix is more for next year I think as he's just starting to make his mark, although I'd probably stick him second after De Ligt given how Mbappe and Trent aren't on it. Anyway this award at times is somewhat cursed when you look at some of the players who have won it over the years such as Anderson, Pato, Balotelli, Renato Sanches and Gotze. Saying that, other names like Lionel Messi, Rooney and Aguero also won it, so it's not always cursed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
21 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Mbappe should still be on there. He's still 20 after all and while he's now a senior player for his side(so is De ligt and he also won it last year i think?) and already one of the world's best, he should still be eligible for this award.

Where is Trent Alexander-Arnold also? Ridiculous to leave him out, unless I'm completely missing something.

Real Madrid also get names on there and players in the team of the year(Modric? Marcelo? hilarious) for nothing.

The real best under 21 year olds over the course of the year(or last season) I'd say:-

1. Kylian Mbappe

2. Matthijs de Ligt

3. Trent Alexander-Arnold

Joao Felix is more for next year I think as he's just starting to make his mark, although I'd probably stick him second after De Ligt given how Mbappe and Trent aren't on it. Anyway this award at times is somewhat cursed when you look at some of the players who have won it over the years such as Anderson, Pato, Balotelli, Renato Sanches and Gotze. Saying that, other names like Lionel Messi, Rooney and Aguero also won it, so it's not always cursed.

 

Was Mbappe nominated for the regular The Best award? If so that may be why he's not included. Not too sure on TAA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The overhype of TAA continues, poor man's marcelo. My boy lainez representing B| how many peruvians made the list ? @Grizzly21

Erm, for some reason this didn't notify me.

Anyways, there are no top young Peruvians. Looks like we are headed to another "accomplished" generation with decent to good players but nothing outstanding. Luis Abram and Kevin Quevedo get me most excited. The former should be in Europe by next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Was Mbappe nominated for the regular The Best award? If so that may be why he's not included. Not too sure on TAA.

If thats the case then De Ligt shouldn't be on there either as he was part of the Best award too? I think he'll win it personally, captain of his team and had a wonder season last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

If thats the case then De Ligt shouldn't be on there either as he was part of the Best award too? I think he'll win it personally, captain of his team and had a wonder season last year. 

Yeah I was unsure on that, just follow one of the football commandments. Thou shall not follow FIFA logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement