• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Golden Boy

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How young do you have to be to be in contention for this? Because if it's under-21 I see a pretty obvious missing name

Are you talking about TAA?

If so I was also wondering why he's absent...

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How young do you have to be to be in contention for this? Because if it's under-21 I see a pretty obvious missing name

yeah how the fuck is TAA not there?

How the actual fuck is Rodrygo Goes here. If Vinicius is supposedly overrated, this other kid is worse in my opinion. That's not my problem though, what has he done to merit a spot on here besides being "promising"?

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The former will likely win it 

I think he should win it too. Joao Felix is great but he needed just a bit more time in La Liga in my opinion.

Mbappe should still be on there. He's still 20 after all and while he's now a senior player for his side(so is De ligt and he also won it last year i think?) and already one of the world's best, he should still be eligible for this award.

Where is Trent Alexander-Arnold also? Ridiculous to leave him out, unless I'm completely missing something.

Real Madrid also get names on there and players in the team of the year(Modric? Marcelo? hilarious) for nothing.

The real best under 21 year olds over the course of the year(or last season) I'd say:-

1. Kylian Mbappe

2. Matthijs de Ligt

3. Trent Alexander-Arnold

Joao Felix is more for next year I think as he's just starting to make his mark, although I'd probably stick him second after De Ligt given how Mbappe and Trent aren't on it. Anyway this award at times is somewhat cursed when you look at some of the players who have won it over the years such as Anderson, Pato, Balotelli, Renato Sanches and Gotze. Saying that, other names like Lionel Messi, Rooney and Aguero also won it, so it's not always cursed.

21 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Mbappe should still be on there. He's still 20 after all and while he's now a senior player for his side(so is De ligt and he also won it last year i think?) and already one of the world's best, he should still be eligible for this award.

Where is Trent Alexander-Arnold also? Ridiculous to leave him out, unless I'm completely missing something.

Real Madrid also get names on there and players in the team of the year(Modric? Marcelo? hilarious) for nothing.

The real best under 21 year olds over the course of the year(or last season) I'd say:-

1. Kylian Mbappe

2. Matthijs de Ligt

3. Trent Alexander-Arnold

Joao Felix is more for next year I think as he's just starting to make his mark, although I'd probably stick him second after De Ligt given how Mbappe and Trent aren't on it. Anyway this award at times is somewhat cursed when you look at some of the players who have won it over the years such as Anderson, Pato, Balotelli, Renato Sanches and Gotze. Saying that, other names like Lionel Messi, Rooney and Aguero also won it, so it's not always cursed.

Was Mbappe nominated for the regular The Best award? If so that may be why he's not included. Not too sure on TAA.

9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The overhype of TAA continues, poor man's marcelo. My boy lainez representing B| how many peruvians made the list ? @Grizzly21

Erm, for some reason this didn't notify me.

Anyways, there are no top young Peruvians. Looks like we are headed to another "accomplished" generation with decent to good players but nothing outstanding. Luis Abram and Kevin Quevedo get me most excited. The former should be in Europe by next year.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Was Mbappe nominated for the regular The Best award? If so that may be why he's not included. Not too sure on TAA.

If thats the case then De Ligt shouldn't be on there either as he was part of the Best award too? I think he'll win it personally, captain of his team and had a wonder season last year. 

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

If thats the case then De Ligt shouldn't be on there either as he was part of the Best award too? I think he'll win it personally, captain of his team and had a wonder season last year. 

Yeah I was unsure on that, just follow one of the football commandments. Thou shall not follow FIFA logic.

Archived