talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Extreme & Adventure Sports

football forum

• Subscriber

Anyone's a fan? Whether as a participant or just as a spectator. I remember regularly watching the Extreme Sports Channel and the X Games as a kid and loving it; haven't done much myself bar some motocross for fun. 

Currently love watching downhill mountain biking; those GoPro POV videos are especially fascinating. Try to follow Red Bull's Hardline every year; I love what Red Bull are doing with extreme sports.

This is insane...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Anyone's a fan? Whether as a participant or just as a spectator. I remember regularly watching the Extreme Sports Channel and the X Games as a kid and loving it; haven't done much myself bar some motocross for fun. 

Currently love watching downhill mountain biking; those GoPro POV videos are especially fascinating. Try to follow Red Bull's Hardline every year; I love what Red Bull are doing with extreme sports.

This is insane...

I don't know why I'm focusing on this body part in particular, but this just screams broken collarbone. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I don't know why I'm focusing on this body part in particular, but this just screams broken collarbone. 

Haha yeah, it can end really bad... the parts where he's going through thick forest are the most insane for me; imaging going into the trees full speed there :51_scream: But that's part of the thrill...

Watch this fella do a backflip over a canyon... Madness :7_sweat_smile:

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Haha yeah, it can end really bad... the parts where he's going through thick forest are the most insane for me; imaging going into the trees full speed there :51_scream: But that part of the thrill...

Watch this fella do a backflip over a canyon... Madness :7_sweat_smile:

It does look spectacular and very "cool", but if they slip and fall off a 100 meter cliff... play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

It does look spectacular and very "cool", but if they slip and fall off a 100 meter cliff... play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

Pretty sure they're well aware of the risks... :P  just like racing drivers, skydivers, BASE jumpers, mountain climbers, snowboarders, sky jumpers, motorbike riders etc. etc. etc. It's dangerous, serious injuries are common and the potential risks are pretty high but the rewards are also immense so it's a fair trade-off for many people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived