talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Richard Keogh Contract Terminated by Derby After Car Crash Incident

football forum

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.503ff8608912d8a74b80b5b6abd5103a.png

Derby County captain Richard Keogh has been ruled out until the end of the season due to a knee injury sustained in a crash that led to two of his team-mates being arrested.

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett have been charged with drink-driving following the accident in the city's Allestree area on Tuesday night.

Police said a Range Rover Sport and a Mercedes GLC had collided.

The club said the players involved will be subject to an internal inquiry.

Mr Bennett, 23, of Whaley Thorns near Mansfield, and Mr Lawrence, of Duffield, are due to appear at Southern Derbyshire Magistrates' Court on 15 October.

Derbyshire Constabulary said neither man was seriously injured, although 25-year-old Wales international Mr Lawrence was taken to hospital as a precaution.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-49841762

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Richard Keogh out for Season After Car Crash Involving Mason Bennett & Tom Lawrence

Would transfer-list Bennett and Lawrence and keep them away from all professionals at the club and strip Keogh off his captaincy and arrange his treatment at times when there’s no professionals around or make him do it offsite somewhere. 

Sadly, because two of the three have a re-sale value, they’ll have the wrists slapped and that’ll be it, if only it were kids in the youth team and they could sack all three, much like some teams have done in the past. 

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Yes, I'm sure if Karma works it's because Keogh ruffled the feathers of Leeds fans who can't take a joke.

Yeah, good effort.

He's a shithouse stealing a living. Club captain, great responsibility set. Happy to get cheap digs in after the playoff game and last Saturday when they stole a draw, and a week later his football career is in tatters.

Happy days. Inject that shit into my vains.

16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, good effort.

He's a shithouse stealing a living. Club captain, great responsibility set. Happy to get cheap digs in after the playoff game and last Saturday when they stole a draw, and a week later his football career is in tatters.

Happy days. Inject that shit into my vains.

I don’t think you get to 33 having played largely in League One and the Championship and Internationally if you’re “stealing a living”. 

But yeah, how dare a man make binoculars with his fingers. Booooooooooooooo. 

18 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don’t think you get to 33 having played largely in League One and the Championship and Internationally if you’re “stealing a living”. 

But yeah, how dare a man make binoculars with his fingers. Booooooooooooooo. 

He's gash. Absolute washed up carthorse. Nothing to look back on when his career ends, will be a distant memory in years to come. An average footballer that's got by. Good on him but stole a living for me.

This isn't about sour grapes. Lazy assumption. I've no problem with anyone having a bit of fun, after all, we started it all and had some right laughs out of it. They beat us fair and square when it counted and got to gloat. Lampard got the last laugh and I've no ill will against him.

But sometimes you can get too cocky. Last weekend was an example of that, especially getting interviewed by Sky. Especially when you've been outplayed and have the nerve to be cocky. Should be looking at getting your own house in order when you are so far down the league.

Well, he won't be so cocky now watching from his armchair.

Quite frankly, if this was a Leeds player, I'd be demanding he was stripped of the captaincy. He should know better.

This is totally embarrassing for Derby and I salute their fans for slamming those involved.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

There was no chance of them getting a prison sentence. They're not repeat offenders and there's no aggravating circumstances (ie made off from police). They probably would have got less hours community service if they weren't footballers.

They did fuck off and re-appear 45 minutes later, which could have gone against them. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

There was no chance of them getting a prison sentence

This is disappointing considering the damage and injury caused.

Perhaps they're just very fortunate no other people were injured or possibly killed. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Lawrence and Bennett, though I'll take a guess and say nothing because they're worth something. 

They’ve been fined. It’s appalling. They’ve sacked a 33 year-old with a lengthy injury and two 23 year-olds, who now possess a criminal record, have effectively got away with this lightly purely because they have some form of value. 

• Administrator

I wonder if there's some information the public don't know about which means Keogh gets his contract terminated after a terrible injury but Lawrence & Bennett can play in the next game and get off virtually scot-free in comparison...

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I wonder if there's some information the public don't know about which means Keogh gets his contract terminated after a terrible injury but Lawrence & Bennett can play in the next game and get off virtually scot-free in comparison...

You don’t call it gross misconduct if it’s in a contract. He was sacked. 

• The title was changed to Richard Keogh Contract Terminated by Derby After Car Crash Incident

It sounds like they told him to take a pay cut given he would be injured for almost the remainder of his contract which he refused to do so. So they warned him they could sack him for gross misconduct and they werent bluffing. Not a nice way to treat a player who did give everything to Derby County on the pitch but play stupid games win stupid prizes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're looking to get rid of the other two in January. Tom Lawrence should have no problem finding suitors given his ability but Mason Bennett may struggle to reach a club this level again in his career.

Archived