Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Sheff Utd 0-1 Liverpool - Saturday 28th September, 2019

Kick-off 12.30

Live on BT Sport

220px-Sheffield_United_FC_logo.svg.png      VS     155.png

Match History
Liverpool 4-0 Sheff Utd
Sheff Utd 1-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 2-0 Sheff Utd
Sheff Utd 2-1 Liverpool

Head to Head
Sheff Utd - 41
Draw - 31
Liverpool - 59

Hopefully a fluid creative performance with defensive solidity. After getting the result vs Chelsea it's critical we don't drop points here... That was often a problem for us in the past.

Delighted it's an early game. My 4 year old gets to watch his second live game of his life so far!

Not as easy as it seems and our defensive line is going to have to be on its best to make sure we don't slip here. Still think we'll get a win but it won't come easy and will probably be a 1 goal kind of affair.

Can anyone see any other line up to the one that started at Chelsea? I can't imagine it'll be any different given they were all given the night off on Wednesday

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Can anyone see any other line up to the one that started at Chelsea? I can't imagine it'll be any different given they were all given the night off on Wednesday

Nah I think it'll be the Chelsea lineup.

Constantly impressed by how quickly Liverpool move the ball around the pitch. Even if it's short passes or switches of play. Similar to Man City. Their confidence on the ball is second to none. 

Sheff Utd should have done better with that opportunity, mind, after Matip gave the ball away. 

• Upvote 1

You can tell already that these are going to be very difficult to break down. Hardly any space in that final third.

It would be a good game for us to get an early goal

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

You can tell already that these are going to be very difficult to break down. Hardly any space in that final third.

Whilst also somewhat threatening on the break. We really need to catch them in possession and counter

Sheff Utd look a bit dangerous on the break. Already broken free a couple of times. Their long ball game is effective and may only be a matter of time before they get a proper clear cut opportunity. 

Hendo seems to be getting quite wide at times... Has left a bit of a gap on the right on counters

Yeah these guys are gonna take some beating. They're right up for this. Could well get a result.

Sheffield United started well. Salah done nothing but expect him to have a moment of brilliance soon. 

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What a ball from van dyke. Mane should have scored but even the best miss chances sometimes

I prefer when they do that in games with lots of chances. That was our only decent chance all half

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I prefer when they do that in games with lots of chances. That was our only decent chance all half

Mate Liverpool are a brilliant side in every department. Patience

Just now, Toinho said:

Wtf were the front three doing there lol Mane having a mare 

I'd say firmino been quietest and least effective so far but manes misses have hurt us

Mane is not having a good day haha. Firmino probably should just hit it with his left as soon as he got it from Salah. 

Very poor finishing today. 

Expect one of the those three to hit the back of the net in the second half though. I haven’t watched much EPL over the past season or two, and first time I’ve seen sheffield United this season but they’ve been resilient and have worked hard.

I think Liverpool have got better as the half has gone on. Starting to find a bit more space now. I think we've seen that a lot recently with Liverpool working teams out late in the first half or early second half. These tend to be our best periods in games

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I think Liverpool have got better as the half has gone on. Starting to find a bit more space now. I think we've seen that a lot recently with Liverpool working teams out late in the first half or early second half. These tend to be our best periods in games

Yeah hoping we score early second half because we seem to be average lately at the back end of games.