talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheff Utd 0-1 Liverpool - Saturday 28th September, 2019

football forum

I can see why many would lose faith on Mourinho but Diego S. is a class above klopp in my books. You mention the spending but his tactics and approach to the game still remain intact and that along with the league title is exactly what makes him a great coach. Klopp showed his true colors when he swallowed his pride and did exactly what he criticized mou for xD I give him credit for stealing fabinho away from man utd and beating a weak Spurs team after getting humiliated by the kings of Europe the previous year. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I can see why many would lose faith on Mourinho but Diego S. is a class above klopp in my books. You mention the spending but his tactics and approach to the game still remain intact and that along with the league title is exactly what makes him a great coach. Klopp showed his true colors when he swallowed his pride and did exactly what he criticized mou for xD I give him credit for stealing fabinho away from man utd and beating a weak Spurs team after getting humiliated by the kings of Europe the previous year. 

Mourinho still spent more than klopp. Liverpool still had to generate the money to buy top players. Atletico squad cost more real Madrid's. Like I said it is debatable who is better.

52 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I'm sure I can fit in the classes right after I get done giving libby and @Rick another course class on how to get some pussy instead of getting their Hopes up by a random girl at a bar. :ay:

Rich coming from you

Klopp and Simeone are on par in my opinion. Both have turned their squads into world class sides from mediocrity. Both tend to lose in UCL finals as well. I'd take Klopp because I prefer his style but it's hard to not give credit to el Cholo either.

Chris Wilder was right to be disappointed.

That was probably a 6/10 for Liverpool today tops. If Liverpool are at that level, you have a chance.

Obviously they had to rely on some missed chances but in general play, Liverpool struggled to get round the Blades. Not enough quick ball.

Those are the games you have to take your chances in if you are playing City or Liverpool.

Blades competed and missed some good chances but the only difference is they don't have the quality up top to be so clinical.

It was a missed opportunity.

51 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Klopp and Simeone are on par in my opinion. Both have turned their squads into world class sides from mediocrity. Both tend to lose in UCL finals as well. I'd take Klopp because I prefer his style but it's hard to not give credit to el Cholo either.

I personally think simeone may be better. However like is said it's debatable. It's not a ridiculous comment to suggest klopps the best like teso says

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I personally think simeone may be better. However like is said it's debatable. It's not a ridiculous comment to suggest klopps the best like teso says

He’s so close minded it’s unbelievable. Like I’ve said before, I can’t stand people who think there’s only one right opinion and everything else is rubbish. Sadly he’s not the only member who thinks like that on here...

44 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Chris Wilder was right to be disappointed.

That was probably a 6/10 for Liverpool today tops. If Liverpool are at that level, you have a chance.

Obviously they had to rely on some missed chances but in general play, Liverpool struggled to get round the Blades. Not enough quick ball.

Those are the games you have to take your chances in if you are playing City or Liverpool.

Blades competed and missed some good chances but the only difference is they don't have the quality up top to be so clinical.

It was a missed opportunity.

I don't think they have the quality though. That's the thing. Don't see how you can complain when your team has done the best they can. This is why I think wilder won't keep utd up if things get tough. 

1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

He’s so close minded it’s unbelievable. Like I’ve said before, I can’t stand people who think there’s only one right opinion and everything else is rubbish. Sadly he’s not the only member who thinks like that on here...

You do that a bit mate. But not in a vindictive way like teso.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

You do that a bit mate. But not in a vindictive way like teso.

Not really. That’s just the assumption that’s drawn because I’m very assertive or abrasive in my posting style.

46 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I would take Diego S. 2013-14 Atletico squad over any of Klopp's. Looking back at the squad years late, the depth and talent was insane. Villa, Costa, and young Raul Jimenez up front and Miranda, Gimenez, Godin, and Toby in the back. Even last years liverpool squad would come short against them. 

It comes down to whether you prefer a coach with a very thin gameplan/in-game tactics or a masterful tactician like el cholo. Klopp is one of the greatest attack minded coaches but an elite team like liverpool deserves a more complete coach but they are becoming a rare breed. (Diego S., benitez, SAF, and oscar tabarez )

I would say Simeone had the edge until Klopp won the CL last season. Simeone's first 4 years with Atleti were a proper miracle, but Atleti aren't poor anymore and Simeone needs to show what he can do with the expectation of being a powerful club.

It took Klopp a long time as well to adapt from the mindset of fighting against all the odds, to handling the reality that people expect him to compete for everything. 

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I would take Diego S. 2013-14 Atletico squad over any of Klopp's. Looking back at the squad years late, the depth and talent was insane. Villa, Costa, and young Raul Jimenez up front and Miranda, Gimenez, Godin, and Toby in the back. Even last years liverpool squad would come short against them. 

It comes down to whether you prefer a coach with a very thin gameplan/in-game tactics or a masterful tactician like el cholo. Klopp is one of the greatest attack minded coaches but an elite team like liverpool deserves a more complete coach but they are becoming a rare breed. (Diego S., benitez, SAF, and oscar tabarez )

Liverpool are more of a complete team than atletico. Simione is a defensive genius but Liverpool can defend attack, dominate a game, play bad and win. They are more complete.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Ferguson a defensive coach? Not so sure about that.

No point trying to reason with someone who thinks pogba is the best midfielder in the world 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'm just glad weve got Klopp. I'd put us against anyone. Imagine me saying that a month before Klopp took over? 

Hes a fucking genius.

What you didn't want him at first? 

2 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Not really. That’s just the assumption that’s drawn because I’m very assertive or abrasive in my posting style.

To be fair Brian on an internet forum with no face to face contact unless you say in my opinion or I think before every comment it can come across as if people are more self opinionated than they are so I do except it may just be the way you come across

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What you didn't want him at first? 

No, I mean with the squad he took over, I'd never in a million years have thought he could have took us to a domestic cup final, a Europa Cup Final, 2 Champions League finals and have us getting 98 points in the league without winning it. 

It's nothing short of miraculous, and that's why I personally think hes the best there is currently. 

If I woke up in the morning and I found out Klopp had left and Pep had took over.... I'd be gutted!

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No, I mean with the squad he took over, I'd never in a million years have thought he could have took us to a domestic cup final, a Europa Cup Final, 2 Champions League finals and have us getting 98 points in the league without winning it. 

It's nothing short of miraculous, and that's why I personally think hes the best there is currently. 

If I woke up in the morning and I found out Klopp had left and Pep had took over.... I'd be gutted!

It makes me laugh when people say he hasn't won the league so he can't be the best. I mean you got 97 points. You would have won it in all but two league seasons in the whole of English League history. Say man city don't beat Brighton on the last game of the season does that make klopp a better manager. Of course not.  You have to consider what you are up against. I mean you are arguably in the top 2 best sides in Europe along with man city

4 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

For the most part Klopp has been prudent in the transfer market. Our five year net spend is -111m which is in the bottom half of EPL clubs and with this he turned over our entire squad bar the English players, set a record points tally surpassed only by one club ever and played two Champions league finals in two years whilst playing football that has won praise the world over.

Ive never had a problem with spending bigger money for the right players and in our case Alison and VVD have proved to be excellent buys. However we also brought in Robertson, wijnaldum, matip, etc for lesser fees to be regular first 11 players and this is something quite different to modern Mourinho or Pep. There is a distinction between them, and it does bear some talking about in the modern era where financial disparities are so great but at the end of the day its about what's been achieved in the time period and Klopp has delivered pretty well indeed.

20190929_091812.jpg

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

When City win though the Everton fans will claim that they cost us the title cos they lost xD

Only if you're top all season then drop points against us allowing City to finally claim top spot and hold it until the end of the season. But that would never happen would it :whistling:.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived