• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 1-3 Man City - Saturday 28th September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I absolutely hate Man City. Plastic from top to bottom but people just accept it because blah blah Pep blah blah lovely football blah blah De Bruyne. Their model is an affront to football in this country.

From our side, this is just pretty much where we are right now. Gave them something to think about and played with the right approach but can't complain at this scoreline.

That Pickford goal is another to highlight that his England spot is up for grabs to anyone that can reach those heights

Everton can be proud of their performance as whole tbh, tough loss to take but they’ve pushed City close to their limits tonight 

It’s reasons like that why I’m leaning towards Klopp with every passing day.

If Pep’s side is struggling, let me just bring on Silva, or Bernardo, or Mahrez, or Sane, or Agüero, or another 50 million bench player to get a goal. 

His work at Barca is almost a thing of the past and the only thing you can compare to what Klopp did at Dortmund and now Liverpool. 

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If Pep’s side is struggling, let me just bring on Silva, or Bernardo, or Mahrez, or Sane, or Agüero, or another 50 million bench player to get a goal. 

His work at Barca is almost a thing of the past and the only thing you can compare to what Klopp did at Dortmund and now Liverpool. 

Pep’s just won two league titles in a row as well as a domestic treble last season. Hardly unreasonable for his side this season to be sloppier considering they’re not chasing a first league title in 30 odd years

22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Liverpool aren’t a cheap team.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Always does it after he does something stupid. Its annoying but actually I'd rather he did that than got all rattled.

Not to jump on the bash Pickford bandwagon (that I seem to be creating 😂) but you look at the top keepers and they rarely seem to be emotive, always appearing calm and clear in most situations even when they fuck up...a contrast to Pickford’s reaction today but more hilariously, that video of Joe Hart screaming at the ball boys for the ball at a goalkick for England as if they had entered an episode of Lads Army and he was the drill sergeant 😂

42 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Has Pep ever moaned about the wind costing them points?

I like Klopp. Nothing against him, done a good job so far. Needs to win the league for me to think he's been truly successful.

Pep has been brilliant for our league. Raised the level which has brought out the best of others. Not sure we will see a 100pt season again for a while.

I have nothing but admiration for the standards he sets. It's not acceptable to be just great. You have to be the best.

Without his influence, the league would not be at the same level and nor would Liverpool be.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Pep has been brilliant for our league. Raised the level which has brought out the best of others.

I have nothing but admiration for the standards he sets. It's not acceptable to be just great. You have to be the best.

Without his influence, the league would not be at the same level and nor would Liverpool be.

Oh you can definitely find excuses Pep has made in the past. My entire post is on the basis of who I rate the as the better manager currently. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Oh you can definitely find excuses Pep has made in the past. My entire post is on the basis of who I rate the as the better manager currently. 

I would disagree until I see Liverpool win the league, but I fully respect the job Klopp is doing at Liverpool.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Danny said:

Not to jump on the bash Pickford bandwagon (that I seem to be creating 😂) but you look at the top keepers and they rarely seem to be emotive, always appearing calm and clear in most situations even when they fuck up...a contrast to Pickford’s reaction today but more hilariously, that video of Joe Hart screaming at the ball boys for the ball at a goalkick for England as if they had entered an episode of Lads Army and he was the drill sergeant 😂

Yeah but again, this is the case of the England goalkeeper position being held to higher standards than the others for no apparent reason. It's a phenomenon that has existed going back to David Seaman so at least as long as I've been old enough to pay attention.

Pickford lets one in that he probably could have saved and people are like "if someone else was world class and English Pickford wouldn't get a look in". Well yeah, and? You could say that about every other England player apart from Kane and Sterling. We don't have this conversation about "England's number three" every time Danny Rose gets shown up to not be as good as Roberto Carlos.

Not having a go at you mate just find it a really odd phenomenon that just seems to be accepted as part of following English football. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Still think this inevitably ends 1-3 but I'm pleased we haven't rolled over and as long as we don't capitulate in the second half hopefully people can stay off the manager's back for a few days.

Nostradamaus

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Batard said:

The odds on Silva getting sacked have been slashed again. Unfair maybe but he needs a win in the next game

Burnley away. It absolutely reeks of a piss poor 2-0 loss.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I like Klopp. Nothing against him, done a good job so far. Needs to win the league for me to think he's been truly successful.

Pep has been brilliant for our league. Raised the level which has brought out the best of others. Not sure we will see a 100pt season again for a while.

You sure? I reckon both Liverpool and Man City can break it this year. Nobody is even close to either.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived