• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Leicester 5-0 Newcastle - Sunday 29th September, 2019

Recommended Posts

Kick-off 16.30

Live on Sky Sports

image.png     VS     image.png

Head to Head
Newcastle 1-1p Leicester (EFL Cup)
Leicester 0-1 Newcastle
Newcastle 0-2 Leicester
Leicester 1-2 Newcastle
Newcastle 2-3 Leicester

Match History
Leicester - 44 wins
Draws - 28
Newcastle - 52 wins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This for me is a very interesting test because Newcastle will be hiring out every bus on Tyneside to park in front of their goal for this one, and who can blame them? Because it usually works here. This has become our achilles heel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit cautious about this game. Recent history says away side does better in this fixture. 

Don't think Maddison will play after injuring his ankle last weekend. Think this will be a tougher game than the Spurs one anyway. Newcastle will probably sit back and defend deep and try to hit on the counter. 

I think we're better equipped to break them down with the players we have this season though. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Stanout of interest would you prefer Leicester to win a cup this year or qualify for the champions League? I really rate Leicester I think this side is maybe better than the side who won the league. You won't finish above city or Liverpool and I don't think you will finish above spurs but you could finish fourth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Stan said:

Newcastle will probably sit back and defend deep and try to hit on the counter. 

 

On 27/09/2019 at 00:04, Dan said:

This for me is a very interesting test because Newcastle will be hiring out every bus on Tyneside to park in front of their goal for this one, and who can blame them? Because it usually works here. 

 

:4_joy::4_joy: you lot think we have tactics. 

The only thing going for us is that this group of players tend to dig big results out when under a lot of pressure. If they don't respond well to last weeks shit show we're likely going down on character alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

:4_joy::4_joy: you lot think we have tactics. 

The only thing going for us is that this group of players tend to dig big results out when under a lot of pressure. If they don't respond well to last weeks shit show we're likely going down on character alone.

You've just vindicated what I've said. I've been a little bit uneasy about this game ever since your win at Spurs, I wouldn't be shocked to see a very similar game.

On the flip side, if we do start the game well and get ourselves in front I think we'll pick up our biggest win in a while.

Maddison is doubtful, I expect a team of...

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans - Praet

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dan said:

You've just vindicated what I've said. I've been a little bit uneasy about this game ever since your win at Spurs, I wouldn't be shocked to see a very similar game.

On the flip side, if we do start the game well and get ourselves in front I think we'll pick up our biggest win in a while.

Maddison is doubtful, I expect a team of...

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans - Praet

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

Low possession isn't bus parking in the current era. As you should know from our game at yours last year. We were the better team than Spurs in the first half. 

There is no evidence that this Newcastle team set up any particular way. We certainly didn't set up to have 23% possession at home to Brighton. So far we've put a team out and the game falls out how it falls out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Low possession isn't bus parking in the current era. As you should know from our game at yours last year. We were the better team than Spurs in the first half. 

There is no evidence that this Newcastle team set up any particular way. We certainly didn't set up to have 23% possession at home to Brighton. So far we've put a team out and the game falls out how it falls out.

I just think your players still have that griitty defensive show in them. You've done the job on us a couple of times.

I expect us to boss your for possession, 70%+ for us, but how much we actually create is another question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan said:

I just think your players still have that griitty defensive show in them. You've done the job on us a couple of times.

I expect us to boss your for possession, 70%+ for us, but how much we actually create is another question.

It's in them but who knows what will turn up. 

Shelvey's out so we should win though :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, if Leicester go on to win this then they secure 3rd with a 4 point gap over 5th.

And all because of Suarez :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hey, if Leicester go on to win this then they secure 3rd with a 4 point gap over 5th.

And all because of Suarez :ph34r:

3. Could also say a 3 point gap to 9th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LFCMike said:

3. Could also say a 3 point gap to 9th

Knew you'd nibble xD

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Knew you'd nibble xD

Not sure what you're going on about to be honest mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Not sure what you're going on about to be honest mate

Oh come on Mike, just having a laugh that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Oh come on Mike, just having a laugh that's all.

Just not sure what I'm meant to be 'nibbling' at xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newcastle look pretty hopeless. They don't seem to have that solidity about them that would see them grind out a few ratty results over the course of the season and anchor themselves in mid-table. Basic defending going out the window and a poor mistake from Dubravka there. Own goal now and that's 3-0.

Thing is with Newcastle as we're talking about them as if they're this massively limited team. They don't have many players that would trouble line-ups in the top half of the table but with Almiron, Dubravka, Joelinton, Saint-Maximin, Lascelles they should have enough about them to at least not be perceived as some sort of minnow calling 17th a successful season.

They look bereft of confidence and ideas whenever I've seen them play this season with the exception of the Spurs game where they at least made the most of things falling their way early in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst part is you cant put any of these second half goals down to the man disadvantage, just basic defending not existing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Newcastle players didn't even look arsed. Just strolling around like nothing matters. 

Suppose on that money it can get you like that...  if you are a weak bastard. 

I like Newcastle and hope they stay up but.... no fucking chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Worst part is you cant put any of these second half goals down to the man disadvantage, just basic defending not existing.

The change from Rafa to Bruce has been the complete collapse of organisation. 

I'm fairly emotionless every week to be honest. I and thousands of others don't care anymore. We know we are probably going down, I don't feel anger, at least not yet. I'm actually moving towards just calling it a day with football full stop. I don't think I'd miss it anymore because I feel no emotion. I can't even get angry.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally I'd be tempted to have a punt on a manager being at risk after such a result, but Ashley doesn't care and I can easily see Bruce being there at least until Christmas with the team propping up the table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite literally the easiest win I've seen us have in the Premier League. First time I've ever seen us win 5-0 as well. I said further up that if we get an early goal we'll smash them to bits and that's exactly what happened.

I'll be amazed if Newcastle survive. Worst side to come here probably since... genuinely can't remember. No discipline, no organisation, absolutely nothing whatsoever, Bruce should be sacked for that alone but Ashley will let it get precarious again when the obvious is staring him in the face.

It's well overdue that we absolutely cunted someone. Such a breath of fresh air after a couple of years of routine failure to put toss like that away. We were excellent, completely controlled it from the first minute to the last. Second half was just cruise control. Every one of them should be proud of that performance. Onwards and upwards for us. We simply have to make Europe this year. This is comfortably our best post title winning side and there are so many others in disarray.

Rodgers felt an excellent fit on paper and it's working out exactly as planned. Exciting times for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Wasn't Bruce giving it large about 'style' before this game? An implied slight on Benitez. Can't see him lasting long.

This whole 'style' thing is total bullshit about Benitez. Him getting that side to survive comfortably twice is a fucking miracle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement