Match History
Leicester - 44 wins
Draws - 28
Newcastle - 52 wins

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This for me is a very interesting test because Newcastle will be hiring out every bus on Tyneside to park in front of their goal for this one, and who can blame them? Because it usually works here. This has become our achilles heel.

• Administrator

Bit cautious about this game. Recent history says away side does better in this fixture. 

Don't think Maddison will play after injuring his ankle last weekend. Think this will be a tougher game than the Spurs one anyway. Newcastle will probably sit back and defend deep and try to hit on the counter. 

I think we're better equipped to break them down with the players we have this season though. 

@Stanout of interest would you prefer Leicester to win a cup this year or qualify for the champions League? I really rate Leicester I think this side is maybe better than the side who won the league. You won't finish above city or Liverpool and I don't think you will finish above spurs but you could finish fourth

12 hours ago, Stan said:

Newcastle will probably sit back and defend deep and try to hit on the counter. 

On 27/09/2019 at 00:04, Dan said:

This for me is a very interesting test because Newcastle will be hiring out every bus on Tyneside to park in front of their goal for this one, and who can blame them? Because it usually works here. 

:4_joy::4_joy: you lot think we have tactics. 

The only thing going for us is that this group of players tend to dig big results out when under a lot of pressure. If they don't respond well to last weeks shit show we're likely going down on character alone.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

:4_joy::4_joy: you lot think we have tactics. 

The only thing going for us is that this group of players tend to dig big results out when under a lot of pressure. If they don't respond well to last weeks shit show we're likely going down on character alone.

You've just vindicated what I've said. I've been a little bit uneasy about this game ever since your win at Spurs, I wouldn't be shocked to see a very similar game.

On the flip side, if we do start the game well and get ourselves in front I think we'll pick up our biggest win in a while.

Maddison is doubtful, I expect a team of...

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans - Praet

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

10 hours ago, Dan said:

You've just vindicated what I've said. I've been a little bit uneasy about this game ever since your win at Spurs, I wouldn't be shocked to see a very similar game.

On the flip side, if we do start the game well and get ourselves in front I think we'll pick up our biggest win in a while.

Maddison is doubtful, I expect a team of...

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans - Praet

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

Low possession isn't bus parking in the current era. As you should know from our game at yours last year. We were the better team than Spurs in the first half. 

There is no evidence that this Newcastle team set up any particular way. We certainly didn't set up to have 23% possession at home to Brighton. So far we've put a team out and the game falls out how it falls out.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Low possession isn't bus parking in the current era. As you should know from our game at yours last year. We were the better team than Spurs in the first half. 

There is no evidence that this Newcastle team set up any particular way. We certainly didn't set up to have 23% possession at home to Brighton. So far we've put a team out and the game falls out how it falls out.

I just think your players still have that griitty defensive show in them. You've done the job on us a couple of times.

I expect us to boss your for possession, 70%+ for us, but how much we actually create is another question.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I just think your players still have that griitty defensive show in them. You've done the job on us a couple of times.

I expect us to boss your for possession, 70%+ for us, but how much we actually create is another question.

It's in them but who knows what will turn up. 

Shelvey's out so we should win though :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Newcastle look pretty hopeless. They don't seem to have that solidity about them that would see them grind out a few ratty results over the course of the season and anchor themselves in mid-table. Basic defending going out the window and a poor mistake from Dubravka there. Own goal now and that's 3-0.

Thing is with Newcastle as we're talking about them as if they're this massively limited team. They don't have many players that would trouble line-ups in the top half of the table but with Almiron, Dubravka, Joelinton, Saint-Maximin, Lascelles they should have enough about them to at least not be perceived as some sort of minnow calling 17th a successful season.

They look bereft of confidence and ideas whenever I've seen them play this season with the exception of the Spurs game where they at least made the most of things falling their way early in the game.

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Worst part is you cant put any of these second half goals down to the man disadvantage, just basic defending not existing.

The change from Rafa to Bruce has been the complete collapse of organisation. 

I'm fairly emotionless every week to be honest. I and thousands of others don't care anymore. We know we are probably going down, I don't feel anger, at least not yet. I'm actually moving towards just calling it a day with football full stop. I don't think I'd miss it anymore because I feel no emotion. I can't even get angry.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived