talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 5-0 Newcastle - Sunday 29th September, 2019

football forum

• Administrator

Normally I'd be tempted to have a punt on a manager being at risk after such a result, but Ashley doesn't care and I can easily see Bruce being there at least until Christmas with the team propping up the table. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quite literally the easiest win I've seen us have in the Premier League. First time I've ever seen us win 5-0 as well. I said further up that if we get an early goal we'll smash them to bits and that's exactly what happened.

I'll be amazed if Newcastle survive. Worst side to come here probably since... genuinely can't remember. No discipline, no organisation, absolutely nothing whatsoever, Bruce should be sacked for that alone but Ashley will let it get precarious again when the obvious is staring him in the face.

It's well overdue that we absolutely cunted someone. Such a breath of fresh air after a couple of years of routine failure to put toss like that away. We were excellent, completely controlled it from the first minute to the last. Second half was just cruise control. Every one of them should be proud of that performance. Onwards and upwards for us. We simply have to make Europe this year. This is comfortably our best post title winning side and there are so many others in disarray.

Rodgers felt an excellent fit on paper and it's working out exactly as planned. Exciting times for us.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Wasn't Bruce giving it large about 'style' before this game? An implied slight on Benitez. Can't see him lasting long.

This whole 'style' thing is total bullshit about Benitez. Him getting that side to survive comfortably twice is a fucking miracle.

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

The change from Rafa to Bruce has been the complete collapse of organisation. 

I'm fairly emotionless every week to be honest. I and thousands of others don't care anymore. We know we are probably going down, I don't feel anger, at least not yet. I'm actually moving towards just calling it a day with football full stop. I don't think I'd miss it anymore because I feel no emotion. I can't even get angry.

I’m still getting angry to be fair. Becoming more emotionless by the week though.

12 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m still getting angry to be fair. Becoming more emotionless by the week though.

You don’t even have it that bad compared to most other clubs in England/Europe. Even in your shit spells with an incompetent moron in Woodward you’re showing infinitely more ambition than Newcastle do under Mike Ashley.

Mate it can get a lot fucking worse - Man United aren’t in danger of getting relegated any time soon.

• Subscriber

Neither situation is acceptable for the fans of said club. Said it many a time but unless your club is giving everything to be the best it can be, then why would anyone even think to accept it? Bury's situation is irrelevant to Bolton who's situation is irrelevant to Newcastle who's situation is irrelevant to Man Utd. If your club isn't running properly, it should be called out.

• Administrator

About time we hammered a team. Been a while since we've scored more than 3 at home. Some of our play was absolutely delightful. The transition from defence through to attack was great. Everyone and everything just seemed to click and as quality as we were, Newcastle were absolutely shite. 

Ndidi and Pereira I thought were fantastic. Ndidi is actually playing like Kante a few years ago. So many interceptions and blocks per game. And much calmer on the ball and that's what we'd wanted from him as an improvement in the last couple of years. He's definitely developing more under Rodgers. 

Pereira is one of the best right backs in the league. Totally dominant in that position and going forward he's such an asset. Took his goal beautifully too. Perez did brilliant in the first half with Pereira. 

Isaac Hayden can have no complaints about his red card. It looked like he flew in two feet off the ground and just cleaned out Praet at shin-level. No place for that in the game at all. 

Must be the first time in ages as well Kasper has had square root of fuck all to do. Not even a threat of a save. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Worst part is you cant put any of these second half goals down to the man disadvantage, just basic defending not existing.

Agreed. We'd have still gone on to win the game convincingly but perhaps not by as much. We carved them open with ease. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Rodgers is a great manager. Leicester are lucky to have him. 

Agreed as well. Feel in such a good place with Rodgers in charge of a very dynamic and positive group of players. The camaraderie is back in the squad that was lost in past 12-18 months before he came in. His style of play is so suited to the players he has to choose from. 

In a weird way, the positive thing about today is that we didn't even miss Maddison. He'd have relished today as well. 

• Administrator

Also, there's absolutely no passion shown by the Newcastle players. No direction from Bruce and the best thing about the club today were the fans. Constantly singing and just not giving a shit about the on-field performance. 

The players just look so lost. There's no fight in them from what I saw today. There seemed to be no leadership either. No one taking charge on the field. 

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

I like Praet as well. He's basically what I hoped Adrien Silva would be.

Agreed. Thought he was fucked after the tackle. The irony that Choudhury makes a tackle a few weeks ago which is apparently a 'leg-breaker' in Bruce's eyes then his own player goes and does that on Praet xD

At least Bruce didn't defend it. Called a spade a spade. 

There was one moment I saw in 2nd half perhaps after we scored our 3rd that he looked back towards his bench and literally just stood still for a few moments and shrugged his shoulders. As if he's already ran out of ideas. 

I loved that Praet would often make runs down the right channel if Perez tucked in. The 2 players (and Pereira) seemed to have a great connection today. When one player does something they knew where the other would be. 

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Stan said:

Agreed. Thought he was fucked after the tackle. The irony that Choudhury makes a tackle a few weeks ago which is apparently a 'leg-breaker' in Bruce's eyes then his own player goes and does that on Praet xD

At least Bruce didn't defend it. Called a spade a spade. 

There was one moment I saw in 2nd half perhaps after we scored our 3rd that he looked back towards his bench and literally just stood still for a few moments and shrugged his shoulders. As if he's already ran out of ideas. 

I loved that Praet would often make runs down the right channel if Perez tucked in. The 2 players (and Pereira) seemed to have a great connection today. When one player does something they knew where the other would be. 

I was concerned about that one straight away, had a couple of people message me thinking he'd broken his leg, within 2 minutes he's up and running again.

We're just a really nicely functioning side. We sold the most expensive defender in the world this summer, didn't sign a centre half to replace him and have the joint best defence in the league 7 games in.

I've bemoaned our lack of goals as a team for a while. I was confident we'd won it as soon as we went ahead because it's not like us to go ahead early on and watch our opponent absolutely destroy themselves in front of us. Our lack of goals is usually because we're chasing the game. We're up there with the best managers of a lead in the league for me. Once we're ahead it's very rare we throw it away.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You don’t even have it that bad compared to most other clubs in England/Europe. Even in your shit spells with an incompetent moron in Woodward you’re showing infinitely more ambition than Newcastle do under Mike Ashley.

Mate it can get a lot fucking worse - Man United aren’t in danger of getting relegated any time soon.

Oh, I’m not daft mate. I know teams have it worse. It’s just all relative. The turgid dogshit passionless shite served up week in, week out means that you’re left a little empty inside. 

• Subscriber

Depends on the context in which he's said that. If that's his philosophy on management then fair enough, laugh at him, but if his point is on today's game specifically and he's saying tactics aren't going to make a difference if the team don't show a bit of fight then I think he has a point.

• Administrator

Isaac Hayden seriously saying 'what's the point of playing?!' as he walked off following the red card!? 

Too far away to see what he said during the game but just seen it on MOTD2. 

What a fucking pleb he is.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Depends on the context in which he's said that. If that's his philosophy on management then fair enough, laugh at him, but if his point is on today's game specifically and he's saying tactics aren't going to make a difference if the team don't show a bit of fight then I think he has a point.

Said it in the post-match interview today and seemed to allude to management in general. 

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think Ole's doing fine in stage 1 of a rebuild where finally instantaneous return to the summit has been abandoned by the commercial department in favour of a multi year build on the season before project.

I think Ole will be fine so long as he achieves a top 6 finish. Maybe at risk if Leicester pip them. But it will be easier for the next guy long term to make something of the list he'll inherit from Ole than what Ole took from Jose

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I fucking hope his next stages go as well as the first :banana:

They're doing something similar to Chelsea.

I think they were open to letting Pogba leave but didn't get the bids they were hoping.

It's going exactly how I predicted in the Great's, Flops and Left Field thread.

Leicester flying and looking on course for a great season.

Newcastle in turmoil and the axe out for Bruce's head on the horizon.

On a positive note, Newcastle play the only team probably more impotent in front of goal than them.

Man Utd. Every cloud.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived