talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 5-0 Newcastle - Sunday 29th September, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber

Bruce just sounds like a clown. He's always struck me as a nice enough bloke but what he's said there is just typical of the lack of imagination from him.

Saying that, what the hell do you say after a 5-0 loss.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dan said:

Bruce just sounds like a clown. He's always struck me as a nice enough bloke but what he's said there is just typical of the lack of imagination from him.

Exactly. Especially one where you know the narrative has already been written in the minds of the press before the season even started.

It was the one managerial role that would not be afforded a grace period before the knives came out

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Depends on the context in which he's said that. If that's his philosophy on management then fair enough, laugh at him, but if his point is on today's game specifically and he's saying tactics aren't going to make a difference if the team don't show a bit of fight then I think he has a point.

The two go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other and expect to be decent. Just last week Isaac Hayden shouted over to the bench "this isn't fucking working". Poor tactical preparation perpetuates a lack of effort.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

He is incapable of analysing why they lost which means he won’t make moves to correct it, instead he’ll go again and hope it turns by putting fire in their bellies with talk of “rolling up sleeves” it’s Mike Bassett shit. 

7 hours ago, Harry said:

I can only feel sympathy to Bruce. He's a decent guy brought in to be the fall guy for Mike Ashley doing his best

I’m sure Sheffield Wednesday share your opinion. The blokes a cunt always has been, totally inept at his job, he should stick to writing shite novels

• The topic was unpinned
On 29/09/2019 at 23:40, Harry said:

They're doing something similar to Chelsea.

I think they were open to letting Pogba leave but didn't get the bids they were hoping.

I'd say that was more forced on Chelsea than actually Chelsea leading the way (if we're talking about youth and progression). 

On 29/09/2019 at 17:01, Dan said:

Lack of imagination from Steve Bruce? Nah mate - he's very imaginative, read some of the summaries of his books.

On 29/09/2019 at 23:05, Harvsky said:

The two go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other and expect to be decent. Just last week Isaac Hayden shouted over to the bench "this isn't fucking working". Poor tactical preparation perpetuates a lack of effort.

I cannot imagine how the players feel going from Rafa, who's always been a pure tactical guy, to this "roll your fuckin' sleeves up" approach under Steve Bruce.

Archived