talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-1 Arsenal - Monday 30th September, 2019

football forum

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Nearly forgot how much of a disaster the officials were for this game. Gary Neville being a dirty bastard that always got away with it, van Nistelrooy with a criminal tackle and Rooney with a dive. Mike Riley, the utter cunt. I wonder how much that red faced twat used to pay these dodgy refs. No wonder they won so much with such average players.

Worst refereeing display ever, still makes my blood boil. United should've had at least two reds that game, Riley the biggest weapon going. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Worst refereeing display ever, still makes my blood boil. United should've had at least two reds that game, Riley the biggest weapon going. 

They were one dodgy team under Ferguson. Regularly, got away with a lot.

I think there are loads of question marks around Solskjaer’s ability as a tactician, but I think his run of form at the beginning of his time as Man Utd comes from him being a pretty decent man manager. He at least motivated them to have some more confidence than they previously had.

Granted, it sort of reverted back to being a bit shit. But I think in a match like this against a big name in Arsenal, I think he’ll have United up for it.

But I think Emery is more likely to get the tactics right for this one. So I predict it’ll become a battle of what’ll win out - tactics or motivation. I suspect Arsenal will play better but United will make the most of limiter chances and defend pretty decently.

Hope I’m wrong though and Arsenal spank them

Felt the game wasn't that bad for the neutrals. However the fans from both teams were probably suicidal.

Oh and what a shit offside that was for the Arsenal goal, the linesman was a meter away he shouldn't have missed that. VAR helping out for a change i guess.

I fancy a 1-1 in this. Genuinely anticipate a poor game with both clubs mildly sparring eachother.

The reality is, these are two teams that used to be the Rocky and Ivan Drago of the division, reduced to being more of an undercard event. 

Fancy United to score first, possibly a long ranger from McTominey first half and an equaliser for Arsenal midway through the second, most likely from Aubemeyang.

Can also see there being some form of VAR controversy with one of the goals as there always seems to be these days.

FYI.

Was going to post this yesterday before the site went down but luckily I had a draft saved.

I can see that after his decent performance and penalty against Liverpool, the hype bandwagon has turned against Pepe. 

He's a young player who's only really hit his stride in the last couple of seasons, moving to a team without a really settled, clear role for him to slot into. It's annoying that every game becomes some kind of key moment in his Arsenal career. 

I always think it is stupid to write off a player so early.

Take Rangers for example. All of last season everyone wanted Borna Barisic gone - "not good enough", "should be sold in the summer" - now he's settled in Scottish football he's one of the first names on the team sheet.

Emery is really costing Arsenal, with his team selection, no real plan also what on earth does he work on in training in defending and also set pieces!  I really cannot see him in the job after this season, extremely poor.   Pepe also really needs to start to produce now, he has been poor in every game but again it could be the coaches fault for not getting the most out of him as there are no creative players in midfield.  Emery is trying to turn Torriera in to an attacking midfielder which is very strange.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 1-1 Arsenal - Monday 30th September, 2019
5 hours ago, Rick said:

How that wasn’t a handball against Kolasinac I don’t know. 

Shite game though. 

he pulled his arm behind him and the ball hit his bicep and very close to the shoulder, how would that be a handball? Very harsh to call that a handball

Whether you like or hate VAR, last night was easily the best example of an incorrect decision being overturned for the correct call, and exactly why we are currently using it in the game.

Enough people are quick to slate it for various reasons and it's far from perfect but fair's fair, justice was well and truly done there.

Absolutely shocking to even think how the linesman got this so wrong in the first place. He is bang in line! xD

IMG_20190930_225334.thumb.jpg.6a3e8e048d2348d234db722c4551e665.jpg

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Whether you like or hate VAR, last night was easily the best example of an incorrect decision being overturned for the correct call, and exactly why we are currently using it in the game.

Absolutely shocking to even think how the linesman got this so wrong in the first place. He is bang in line! xD

Genuinely saw people on Twitter use this as a reason to slate VAR. Saying that because VAR has come in, it means linesmen flag with the new rule and therefore that's VAR's fault. 

Couldn't believe it.

Can you imagine if Liverpool were away at Old Trafford, chasing an equaliser, Mane was in Auba's position and VAR was there to help overturn that kind of decision and incompetence from an assistant? I think one Liverpool fan on here certainly wouldn't mind VAR at that moment :whistling:

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Enough people are quick to slate it for various reasons and it's far from perfect but fair's fair, justice was well and truly done there.

Could you imagine if Aubameyang just stopped playing? 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Could you imagine if Aubameyang just stopped playing? 

I know, and he very easily could have gave that up. The Arsenal fans didn't even cheer, they just went along with it. I think we all assumed he must have been well off too.

And typical it would have been at Old Trafford again as well when you think about things like the Pedro Mendes goal etc.

Surely now with VAR you have to take a chance on everything just incase.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Genuinely saw people on Twitter use this as a reason to slate VAR. Saying that because VAR has come in, it means linesmen flag with the new rule and therefore that's VAR's fault. 

Couldn't believe it.

Can you imagine if Liverpool were away at Old Trafford, chasing an equaliser, Mane was in Auba's position and VAR was there to help overturn that kind of decision and incompetence from an assistant? I think one Liverpool fan on here certainly wouldn't mind VAR at that moment :whistling:

Haters are gonna hate.

It's examples like this where the anti VAR haters like @LFCMadLad should give credit where its due IMO.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived