talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-1 Arsenal - Monday 30th September, 2019

football forum

Poor performances from both teams. Don't know why Emery set-up like that in the first half. Parking the bus and giving up the midfield to an opposition we could easily dominate for possession. We still had decent chances though and still should've put them away. Pepe is a great dribbler but he seems to shit himself when he needs to make a decision, hopefully he develops some composure quickly. On the plus side, David Luiz actually played well, Saka caused Man Utd problems and Guendouzi was very good again. Aubameyang gets the goals but in terms of performing throughout the game, Guendouzi has probably been our best player so far this season.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Poor performances from both teams. Don't know why Emery set-up like that in the first half. Parking the bus and giving up the midfield to an opposition we could easily dominate for possession. We still had decent chances though and still should've put them away. Pepe is a great dribbler but he seems to shit himself when he needs to make a decision, hopefully he develops some composure quickly. On the plus side, David Luiz actually played well, Saka caused Man Utd problems and Guendouzi was very good again. Aubameyang gets the goals but in terms of performing throughout the game, Guendouzi has probably been our best player so far this season.

Who was your best performer last season? Because I feel Guendouzi would be up there for last season as well. He's a good player. And is setting up more defensively away from home a common thing under Emery? It's not the first time his tactics have been a bit strange to me and I'm noticing that it tends to be the away matches against the big sides (or the big named sides in this case).

36 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Haters are gonna hate.

It's examples like this where the anti VAR haters like @LFCMadLad should give credit where its due IMO.

I've said numerous times that VAR has improved offside decions. That's basically all its improved though. 

And why should I give credit when I dont like it? I just preferred football before it. I dont see all the pro VAR gang slating it after all the poor decisions that have been made since its introduction?

VAR has split opinion basically 50/50. Some like it, some dont. 

In my opinion its improved offside decisions, for everything else VAR is absolutely pointless. 

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've said numerous times that VAR has improved offside decions. That's basically all its improved though. 

And why should I give credit when I dont like it? I just preferred football before it. I dont see all the pro VAR gang slating it after all the poor decisions that have been made since its introduction?

VAR has split opinion basically 50/50. Some like it, some dont. 

In my opinion its improved offside decisions, for everything else VAR is absolutely pointless. 

Pretty sure myself and @RandoEFC definitely have slated it where it's been an embarrassment or made a howler. 

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Pepe and Ceballos look gash, especially the latter when you take into account the fanfare of him coming to Arsenal

They are playing under the wrong manager,  Emery is far too negative and is trying too much to be defensive in midfield to help out the weak defence instead of helping the attack with creativity, he really has lost the plot with all his changes every game and not knowing his best XI.  How can any one be good under a coach like that.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Pretty sure myself and @RandoEFC definitely have slated it where it's been an embarrassment or made a howler. 

My only reaction now is oh look, yet another thread descending into VAR drum banging. To be honest I'm not even going to read back at the context. I've said my piece on VAR enough times and there's only so many times and different ways I can put my point across. I think the time has long passed where everyone can agree to do the same for a little while because it's boring as fuck reading the same people post the same thing in nearly every match thread on the forum.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

My only reaction now is oh look, yet another thread descending into VAR drum banging. To be honest I'm not even going to read back at the context. I've said my piece on VAR enough times and there's only so many times and different ways I can put my point across. I think the time has long passed where everyone can agree to do the same for a little while because it's boring as fuck reading the same people post the same thing in nearly every match thread on the forum.

Yep, it was Lucas and Stan who got this one going. 

• Subscriber

Like I said a while ago, its turning into the new Brexit. People on both sides have decided they've chosen their side and they will fight to the death to be able to say they've "won". Every good or bad VAR intervention now has swarms of people (I'm talking more about Twitter and the wider web than here now) grabbing it and rubbing it into everyone's faces as hard and as loudly as they can screaming SEE I TOLD YOU VAR WORKS/IS SHIT (delete as appropriate) as if this one new piece of evidence is going to be the one that settles the debate in their favour. It properly echoes of anyone talking about Brexit taking one vaguely significant fact or statistic that suits their agenda and going "OMG AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY THINK WE SHOULD LEAVE/REMAIN IN THE EU".

We'll still be arguing about VAR in at least 5 years. Save some of your energy.

A man that supposedly didn't like tactics or defending with nearly double the amount of clean sheets in his worst period as Arsenal manager... which included the final months which we wrote off after Wenger's departure was announced. Keeping the ball might actually be a better defensive tactic than parking the bus...

1 extra point though.

21 hours ago, 6666 said:

A man that supposedly didn't like tactics or defending with nearly double the amount of clean sheets in his worst period as Arsenal manager... which included the final months which we wrote off after Wenger's departure was announced. Keeping the ball might actually be a better defensive tactic than parking the bus...

1 extra point though.

I don't wanna go into a Wenger debate. (At least not now I wanna go to bed) but I really think he was seriously under rated until the last couple of seasons. I don't think with the owners we have many managers could do much better than he did untill the last couple of seasons. I still think he had to go at the end. This is fairly consistent with what I said at the time. I did think he had to go at the end but I think being in the champions league and a few cups is arsenal level under kronke. I don't actually think Emery is a bad manager. I just think to get arsenal to be genuine title contenders will take a klopp, simeone ect. You would have to be a top top coach to get us where we wanna be

• The topic was unpinned

Archived