talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 26th September, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber

Got to say after today I really think Watford are in the shit. Wasn't having it before but that today is another really bad result given the start Wolves have made too. They look a strong bet to go now. Already had their manager change and it's done very little.

It's very early days but it's not happening for them. Watford's last win that wasn't against a team that was already relegated was against us in Rodgers' first game. That is shocking form.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Got to say after today I really think Watford are in the shit. Wasn't having it before but that today is another really bad result given the start Wolves have made too. They look a strong bet to go now. Already had their manager change and it's done very little.

It's very early days but it's not happening for them. Watford's last win that wasn't against a team that was already relegated was against us in Rodgers' first game. That is shocking form.

Before the season I couldn’t see them relegated. And they’ve very quickly convinced me otherwise.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Before the season I couldn’t see them relegated. And they’ve very quickly convinced me otherwise.

They quite regularly start well and finish badly (along with Bournemouth), meaning people tip them for Europe by October and relegation in the summer. This year they've just picked up where they finished. I thought their quality would shine through, and it could yet, but they're on a really really bad run now. Today for me is not far off as bad as last week even if it doesn't get the attention.

Your lack of experience is showing. Said that in the Villa thread before you started.

Feel you've gone too much quantity over quality. Could do with a couple battle hardened PL players with experience who can help you retain the ball better.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Your lack of experience is showing. Said that in the Villa thread before you started.

Feel you've gone too much quantity over quality. Could do with a couple battle hardened PL players with experience who can help you retain the ball better.

Just on a learning curve, it will come but I agree we do need that older head that can come on at 65-70 mins and just settle them down or wrestle back control. Burnley made it scrappy and distrupted us at several occasions and played themselves back into the game. 

Plus Targett who was brilliant today has hamstrings made of paper and Neil Taylor was weak in the championship nevermind the PL (at fault for both goals today).

Also had no fucking luck at all, and horrendous experience with the officials at this level. After 7 games I don’t think we’ve had a good ref. 

• Subscriber

Watford have to beat Sheffield United next week. 

It would be mildly amusing to see them actually go down so we can stop hearing about what a well run club they are with their managerial merry go round. Always going to fall down eventually.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Bit early for 'very bleak'. I think they have what it takes to stay up, personally.

Yeah probably but they just aren't picking up the results. They keep dropping points that they shouldn't.

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah probably but they just aren't picking up the results. They keep dropping points that they shouldn't.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Villa's situation will look very bleak if they lose next week.

Look at my post re HT scores, we’re learning all 21-26 year olds not many over 100 games, so far we’ve arguably been the better side in all expert probably Spurs. Plus tbh I don’t think you’ve watched many of our games to say that, we’ve  outplayed Arsenal, West Ham, Bournemouth, Burnley and we’re flat out robbed vs Palace, we just need a little bit of luck. 

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Bit early for 'very bleak'. I think they have what it takes to stay up, personally.

I’m concerned that points may invite pressure if we don’t pick up a few soon, I’d still be confident of surviving if we got to jan the first with 18 points. We’ll get a more pacy striker in Jan I reckon

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Look at my post re HT scores, we’re learning all 21-26 year olds not many over 100 games, so far we’ve arguably been the better side in all expert probably Spurs. Plus tbh I don’t think you’ve watched many of our games to say that, we’ve  outplayed Arsenal, West Ham, Bournemouth, Burnley and we’re flat out robbed vs Palace, we just need a little bit of luck. 

I’m concerned that points may invite pressure if we don’t pick up a few soon, I’d still be confident of surviving if we got to jan the first with 18 points. We’ll get a more pacy striker in Jan I reckon

Outplayed West Ham? Wouldn't have said so. That's the only one of those along with Everton of yours that I've seen.

I just find the manner you've dropped some of those points a bit worrying.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Outplayed West Ham? Wouldn't have said so. That's the only one of those along with Everton of yours that I've seen.

I just find the manner you've dropped some of those points a bit worrying.

I thought we were better vs West Ham before the Red card so for the first 60 odd mins, then they were very good once a player down. 

I’d agree though dropping points is concerning and frustrating. However there’s 3 worst sides in this division than us that’s a given, personally away at Norwich is a tough game I’d take a point

I think it speaks volumes about our players and staff that they've managed to put the disappointment of a terrible transfer window behind them and really galvanised together to produce a good start.

Our next five/six games are horrendous before a lucrative run before Christmas. Hopefully Batshuayi will be available in January and it will be onwards and upwards for us.

I cant see Roy staying on as hes disgruntled working with Greedman, and the squad is only going to get weaker with no Wilf and investment, so need to make the most of these moments.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived