The better place to talk football.

Round 17 - Japan

football forum

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

So sounded like an eventful race... 

Meh, yes and no. It wasn't the most exciting race ever, but it had it's moments. I don't know why Vettel didn't get penalized, but I'm sure the stewards had their reason with all the data at hand. If not they should invite Inga next time, as she clearly knows better ;)

Didn't Bottas jump the start too?

Anyway, happy with P2 and Seb keeping Lewis behind him. Although I don't think Lewis really required a 2nd pit stop. They probably wanted to keep Valtteri happy so he can happily play the wingman again when they need him. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Meh, yes and no. It wasn't the most exciting race ever, but it had it's moments. I don't know why Vettel didn't get penalized, but I'm sure the stewards had their reason with all the data at hand. If not they should invite Inga next time, as she clearly knows better ;)

Didn't Bottas jump the start too?

Not sure if sarcastic or not but it's not my knowledge, it's just repeating what the ORF commentators said after actually looking at the sporting regulations. 

FIA now confirmed that the movement was "within tolerance limits" of the transponder which is used to formally detect jumpstarts. So Seb literally got lucky as the sensor didn't register the movement. 

I don't think Bottas jump started either. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not sure if sarcastic or not but it's not my knowledge, it's just repeating what the ORF commentators said after actually looking at the sporting regulations. 

We don't listen to Austrians. 

edit: Okay obviously I'm biased, but meh. 

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

We don't listen to Austrians. 

edit: Okay obviously I'm biased, but meh. 

EGvXIa1X0AIeL4p?format=jpg&name=large

Pretty sure the regulations weren't written by the Austrians though xD your loss anyway, their coverage is by far the most informative one. 

Leclerc summoned to the stewards now for both the crash with Max and driving the car in unsafe condition. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

EGvXIa1X0AIeL4p?format=jpg&name=large

Pretty sure the regulations weren't written by the Austrians though xD your loss anyway, their coverage is by far the most informative one. 

Leclerc summoned to the stewards now for both the crash with Max and driving the car in unsafe condition. 

Ah well, it's all over anyway. Seb punished himself more or less for the mistake. But there have been similar incidents with no penalty. 

ANYWAY, yea, bit weird that they "investigated" the Charles - Max thing for ages only to postpone it to after the race. Guess they were busy analyzing Seb's start :ph34r:

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

ANYWAY, yea, bit weird that they "investigated" the Charles - Max thing for ages only to postpone it to after the race. Guess they were busy analyzing Seb's start :ph34r:

That was a mess; at first they decided that no investigation was needed, then suddenly changed their minds almost 10 minutes later and then it took them even longer to decide to investigate it after the race xD

Also weird that Albon - Norris incident wasn't investigated either. That look pretty bad too. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

I don't care much about him being given a penalty for causing a collision with Max as while a bit reckless, it's not malicious and mistakes like that happen quite often. 

I'm very glad they gave him a penalty for continuing to drive a damaged car despite being told to pit; that's dangerous af and should have been dealt with by the stewards right there without any delay. His debris got stuck in Lando's brake ducts causing overheating and making him pit, and the end plate of his front wing knocked off Lewis' mirror and hit the halo of his car (and luckily not his head). 

17 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not even a full season at Ferrari and he's already turned into an annoying whining prick :ph34r:

Every team radio is "I understand.....................BUT......"

• The topic was unpinned

Archived