talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scottish Cup 2016/17

football forum

Even with a few key injuries, still fairly confident that Aberdeen will get through tomorrow. 

Losing at Hamilton midweek was a huge letdown, but the performance itself wasn't bad. Realistically it's the only thing left to achieve this season, a European spot is basically assured (barring a catastrophic run in the league) and the team need to redeem themselves for the League Cup Final performance.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team (Queen's Park) were eliminated by Ayr United - who have since been put out by Hibs.  Cold night at Hampden for penalties, right there!

I'd predict Celtic and Aberdeen to go through in tomorrow's fixtures.  Not the most daring of predictions but they'll be joining Rangers and Hibs in the semis barring anything catastrophic.

They'll both be excellent fixtures!

Saw yesterday that there were some half-decent odds on Hibs retaining the title this year but they'll probably drift now with the other teams left.

ScoRoss, how do you feel about that draw??

not that I'm biased but please please please beat them 😉

Ive no real problem with them finally winning it last season but I would genuinely be gutted if they done it two years in a row. And tbh, they ain't very good, so shouldn't come close to winning a major trophy. 

I'm happy to just avoid Celtic until the final now. Wouldn't have been moved either way with Hibs or Rangers.

I actually would've preferred Aberdeen getting Celtic in the last round, because at least that way they could've played them at Pittodrie and not at the huge Hampden pitch. As shown in the League Cup Final, that doesn't end well.

• 1 month later...

Only a week away from the Semi-Finals now. Good win for Aberdeen yesterday and hopefully should see the team back on track.

The 12:15 kickoff is a major factor in the game. Lower crowd than should have been, a flatter atmosphere and it always seems to take players longer to get up to speed in a lunchtime kickoff.

• Administrator
21 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Never have it easy. My heart has just about recovered. Another trip to Hampden next month. Hopefully, an improved performance from the cup final earlier this season.

what are ticket prices like for Scottish football?

38 minutes ago, Stan said:

what are ticket prices like for Scottish football?

Yesterday my ticket in the most expensive area was £30. Was only that high because the two Semi-Finals have to be the same price.

Aberdeen vs Celtic in the final.  I honestly thought Hibernian would be able to beat Aberdeen in a tight match.  A tight match it was (eventually) but obviously Aberdeen came out on top.

Celtic going for a treble and it'll be up to Aberdeen to stop them now.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Looking forward to this match.

I reckon if Aberdeen start with a good, high level of intensity and possibly get an early goal, they'll go on to win it. 

Nothing to lose today. First Scottish Cup Final in 17 years has turned the city red and much excitement but ultimately no one is going to be too disappointed as long as the performance is good.

Need to get Hayes and McGinn into the game early and force their full backs to not bomb forward.

Archived