talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scottish Cup 2016/17

football forum

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Holy fuck the commentator on this stream I'm watching literally has no idea who anyone is here. It's called Gol TV, never heard of it before. 

haha what are they saying

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Immediate response by Celtic! Armstrong with a shot from just outside the box. Far too much space to pick his spot.

Well done by the ref to play advantage.

1-1!

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

haha what are they saying

Amongst many other things, I'm fairly sure he referred to a recent result against "Patrick Fiscal". 

Mon yerself Stewy Armstrong, you beautiful bastard. 

Edit: I saw that, Cannabis. 

• Administrator

very exciting first half, that. hope the intensity and excitement continues in the 2nd half although likely to fizzle out because players have exerted so much energy.

Sinclair had a superb chance to make it 2-1 as well just before HT.

• Administrator

ABSOLUTE SCENES as Celtic score the winner in 92nd minute. Tom Rogic. Brilliant play. Takes on 2 and slots it past Lewis at the near post.

LIMBS in the Celtic end! Amazing. 

Wow what a crazy ending. I'm gutted for Aberdeen. They finished 2nd in all 3 domestic competitions this season, and it would have been nice to have seen them win this tournament for the first time since 1990. 

What a season for Celtic. In domestic competitions, they played 47, won 43 and drew 4. 

A gutting way to end a season. Can't fault the players or management for their efforts today. 

Just didn't take the chances and paid for it. The support at the end summed it up, even though it was a loss there was still huge thanks to the players.

Not even the buzz of finishing such a brilliant season, or my anger at Tierney getting forced out of the game, can get rid of the bit of sympathy I feel. 

Aberdeen were in control for so much of the match, especially off the ball, but in the end Rogic's quality showed against a couple of players who had ran their hearts out for 90 minutes. I can imagine how much of a kick in the gut that is. 

Sometimes in football you can go up a team with more quality, and even with a solid plan and a monumental effort on the day, it's just not enough. 

• Administrator

Aberdeen will rue the chance that they missed at the start of the 2nd half. 2 on 1 in on goal but the cutback was poor and missed a chance to go back ahead in the game. 

I think Hayes' pass was fine, if McLean had just held his run a little he can always run into any pass. It'll be playing over and over in both their heads today, which is a real shame. Especially painful in a final where you don't play again for weeks afterwards.

Yesterday was also another indication of how good Joe Lewis is. Maybe had a little much too soon in England, but playing week in, week out has improved him and saw him grow in confidence exponentially.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

I think Hayes' pass was fine, if McLean had just held his run a little he can always run into any pass. It'll be playing over and over in both their heads today, which is a real shame. Especially painful in a final where you don't play again for weeks afterwards.

Yesterday was also another indication of how good Joe Lewis is. Maybe had a little much too soon in England, but playing week in, week out has improved him and saw him grow in confidence exponentially.

yeah, fair point. awareness of both could have been better!

Lewis was very good. Thought the defence in front of him were equally good and put their bodies on the line as Celtic pressured. The save from Griffiths low down to his right was probably one of the best in the game. 

The intensity and attacking nature of the defence was great to watch, and for once the fans actually appreciated good defence. The roads that went up when time and time again Celtic had to play the ball back to Gordon must have encouraged the players endlessly. I just hope this isn't the peak.

Aberdeen were unfortunate not to get another goal but they were absolutely pummelled for the last 30 or so minutes. It's so important to them that McInnes stays now, if he goes you'd fear they'll struggle to repeat this season again.

Archived