• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Group F - Matchday 2 - Wednesday 2nd October, 2019

Recommended Posts

Godin was slow there, and the cunt scores again. 

2-1 Barca. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barcelona won it as I was expecting. Conte made a couple mistakes there. Taking off Sanchez for example and not even trying to counter after the start of the second half.

Otherwise I was fairly impressed with Inter Milan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barcelona played far better when Vidal came on for Busquets and de Jong moved centrally and also when Dembélé came on for Griezmann. 

2 great goals for Suárez also. Hopefully more to come from him. Before the first goal(which was a fantastic volley for the record), I thought he was having a terrible game to be honest, but he can still pop up with goals like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inter could have easily won the game in the first half itself, they had so many chances and its their fault to not capitalise them. Barca came back strong in the second half and Messi is growing slowly coming back from the injury. Dembele trying too hard just like Neymar and giving the ball away which lead to a couple of good counter attacks for Inter in the second half... Both the finishes by Suarez were gold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Eco said:

This Barca team is overrated. I know about their domestic form, but this is not a good looking Barca. They could come back and win this game, no doubt, but this isn't an 'elite' team. 

barcelona-luis-suarez-anoto-golazo-de-vo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Barcelona played far better when Vidal came on for Busquets and de Jong moved centrally and also when Dembélé came on for Griezmann. 

2 great goals for Suárez also. Hopefully more to come from him. Before the first goal(which was a fantastic volley for the record), I thought he was having a terrible game to be honest, but he can still pop up with goals like that. 

I have watched Barcelona a lot as I admire de Jong so wanted to see his progress, I cannot understand how he is used at all in the midfield he is totally wasted, he is a deep midfield/sweeper that picks the ball up and dictates the play that is the player he is and not any other role.  I really hate seeing talented players not used in the right role which makes them have critics. The Barcelona coach is extremely poor tbh for a lot of other reasons as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I have watched Barcelona a lot as I admire de Jong so wanted to see his progress, I cannot understand how he is used at all in the midfield he is totally wasted, he is a deep midfield/sweeper that picks the ball up and dictates the play that is the player he is and not any other role.  I really hate seeing talented players not used in the right role which makes them have critics. The Barcelona coach is extremely poor tbh for a lot of other reasons as well. 

Not really an elite team de Jong has gone to mate. Made the wrong choice! Maybe he should've gone to Italy and another elite team in Serie 'A' with Internazionale di Milano. :ph34r:

Things need to be tweakes but de Jong is going to succeed at Barça no doubt. Nobody in Spain is questioning this, not even the Madrid based press. Let's see what happens because it's not just the head coach that need to change but the president and board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Not really an elite team de Jong has gone to mate. Made the wrong choice! Maybe he should've gone to Italy and another elite team in Serie 'A' with Internazionale di Milano. :ph34r:

Things need to be tweakes but de Jong is going to succeed at Barça no doubt. Nobody in Spain is questioning this, not even the Madrid based press. Let's see what happens because it's not just the head coach that need to change but the president and board.

I am not questioning the club at all and the fact I do not expect de Jong to play such an important role straight away due to the other players they have but its just on his place in the team is not suited to him, If you going to get the best of de Jong he needs to play deep in the centre. There are a few minor critics in the Netherlands regarding on how he used at the moment, as you see with the National team and when he was at Ajax his role, I am not sure if there is a player like him about at any other club, just seems a waste to play him in a forward position as he needs to be the one of the first players to collect the ball from the keeper.  The coach doesn't really know what system or starting line up to go with in the midfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I am not questioning the club at all and the fact I do not expect de Jong to play such an important role straight away due to the other players they have but its just on his place in the team is not suited to him, If you going to get the best of de Jong he needs to play deep in the centre. There are a few minor critics in the Netherlands regarding on how he used at the moment, as you see with the National team and when he was at Ajax his role, I am not sure if there is a player like him about at any other club, just seems a waste to play him in a forward position as he needs to be the one of the first players to collect the ball from the keeper.  The coach doesn't really know what system or starting line up to go with in the midfield. 

Frenkie de Jong isn't under question mate... Spanish football people know of his worth and aren't confused at all as to what he will eventually provide. He is probably the most singular most important piece in the future of those players coming through now. They know where he should play and incredible as it may sound or read, so does Valverde. There is turmoil allround at the club which will hopefully be cleaned up next summer. Certain characters are waiting to pounce. The future is assured at the club where footballers is concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

barcelona-luis-suarez-anoto-golazo-de-vo

I still stand by what I said. This is a much improved Inter Milan team over last year, and if Inter were more clinical in the first half, they would not have lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen the highlights as i watched the Chelsea game. Felt Inter could have killed the game in the first half. Even overall felt they earned at least a draw. They are now in a difficult situation to advance. Both goals superbly taken by Suarez, i hate him but he is a brilliant player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Seen the highlights as i watched the Chelsea game. Felt Inter could have killed the game in the first half. Even overall felt they earned at least a draw. They are now in a difficult situation to advance. Both goals superbly taken by Suarez, i hate him but he is a brilliant player.

Yeah - Inter dominated the first half, but only scored 1 thanks to Stegen. Suarez is a cunt, but a brilliant player, and now Inter might be out of the CL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Eco said:

I still stand by what I said. This is a much improved Inter Milan team over last year, and if Inter were more clinical in the first half, they would not have lost. 

Indeed this is a completely different Inter and a very competitive one. The game could’ve been over in the first half because Barcelona are still finding themselves in this start to the season. The confidence is a building process and this result has gone a long way as did the first away win of the season this weekend just gone against Getafe.

In the second half it was all Barcelona and Messi was huge. The credit is going to Suárez which I get as they were tremendous goals but Messi showed why he is by far the greatest player on the planet.

It’s unfortunate Inter lost to a certain extent because they deserve to be in this Champions League as they have a lot to offer and have been unlucky to be in such a crazy group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed this is a completely different Inter and a very competitive one. The game could’ve been over in the first half because Barcelona are still finding themselves in this start to the season. The confidence is a building process and this result has gone a long way as did the first away win of the season this weekend just gone against Getafe.

In the second half it was all Barcelona and Messi was huge. The credit is going to Suárez which I get as they were tremendous goals but Messi showed why he is by far the greatest player on the planet.

It’s unfortunate Inter lost to a certain extent because they deserve to be in this Champions League as they have a lot to offer and have been unlucky to be in such a crazy group.

Inter have a new coach, and are relying on players that are new to the team. In a lot of terms, Inter are still finding themselves. 

I think the result was harsh for Inter yesterday. I think a draw would have been fair. The difference is the fact that Barcelona finished their opportunities whereas Inter wasted a ton of chances. 

Fair play though, it was still a great showing in Barcelona, and I'm impressed with what Conte is doing. This Inter team might go on to really challenge Juventus for the Scudetto. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conte’s record in Europe is poor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, True Blue said:

Seen the highlights as i watched the Chelsea game. Felt Inter could have killed the game in the first half. Even overall felt they earned at least a draw. They are now in a difficult situation to advance. Both goals superbly taken by Suarez, i hate him but he is a brilliant player.

Funny thing is, I whatsapped my mate saying "Suarez is shite, he's completely finished", or something along those lines, then he goes and does that 10 minutes later.

A bit of reverse psychology :ph34r:

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed this is a completely different Inter and a very competitive one. The game could’ve been over in the first half because Barcelona are still finding themselves in this start to the season. The confidence is a building process and this result has gone a long way as did the first away win of the season this weekend just gone against Getafe.

In the second half it was all Barcelona and Messi was huge. The credit is going to Suárez which I get as they were tremendous goals but Messi showed why he is by far the greatest player on the planet.

It’s unfortunate Inter lost to a certain extent because they deserve to be in this Champions League as they have a lot to offer and have been unlucky to be in such a crazy group.

I thought Messi didn't have a bad first half either. You could sense the lack of match fitness but he was always trying to make things happen and had something extra to the rest of the team, nothing clicked around him though until the second half.

Vidal is an unsung hero also. He's very different to your stereotypical Barcelona midfielder, but offers something which is massively needed in the current set up.

As for de Jong, I've no doubt that himself and Arthur will succeed and be the future of the midfield for many years to come, but I have a feeling that Griezmann will be one of those flop signings that Barcelona tend to make a lot of these days where you think the signing seems perfect(i.e Cesc or Coutinho), then in the end it doesn't work out. In fairness to Cesc though, he was actually brilliant at first, so was Coutinho though in his first half of a season. I hope I'm wrong though and he goes on to become a key player.

6 hours ago, Panna King said:

I have watched Barcelona a lot as I admire de Jong so wanted to see his progress, I cannot understand how he is used at all in the midfield he is totally wasted, he is a deep midfield/sweeper that picks the ball up and dictates the play that is the player he is and not any other role.  I really hate seeing talented players not used in the right role which makes them have critics. The Barcelona coach is extremely poor tbh for a lot of other reasons as well. 

Yeah, when he was moved into this position last night, he stood out like a sore thumb. He looked far more comfortable and was much more involved in the game.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical Messi brilliance for the second 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Typical Messi brilliance for the second 

Ter Stegen was the man in the first half though. He prevented a certain loss. Germany's(well, the world's) best keeper by far @Tommy, @BartraPique1932

I've got to say as well, Valverde made all the right changes and got everything right in the second half. I still don't think he's the man who can go all the way in this competition but since we are often critical of him this season, it's only fair we credit him when he gets it right as well. Then again, it could have been impossible to overcome had Inter taken their chances, so he got a bit lucky there as well.

I've also just realised that the last time Barcelona lost at Camp Nou in the group stages of the Champions league was 10 years ago vs Rubin Kazan in 2009.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Ter Stegen was the man in the first half though. He prevented a certain loss. Germany's(well, the world's) best keeper by far @Tommy, @BartraPique1932

I've got to say as well, Valverde made all the right changes and got everything right in the second half. I still don't think he's the man who can go all the way in this competition but since we are often critical of him this season, it's only fair we credit him when he gets it right as well. Then again, it could have been impossible to overcome had Inter taken their chances, so he got a bit lucky there as well.

I've also just realised that the last time Barcelona lost at Camp Nou in the group stages of the Champions league was 10 years ago vs Rubin Kazan in 2009.

Yes! Let me confirm the statement you asked to to confirm - WITHOUT ANY THREATS.

@SirBalon didnt tie me to this chair, Chris is NOT holding a knife to my throat and @Philippe Coutinho did NOT hack my account. I'm sitting here of my own volition in order to confirm Ter Stegen is the best keeper in the world and I solemnly swear Ter Stegen should have been Germany's #1 since 2014 AT LEAST.

Also: London is red!

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Yes! Let me confirm the statement you asked to to confirm - WITHOUT ANY THREATS.

@SirBalon didnt tie me to this chair, Chris is NOT holding a knife to my throat and @Philippe Coutinho did NOT hack my account. I'm sitting here of my own volition in order to confirm Ter Stegen is the best keeper in the world and I solemnly swear Ter Stegen should have been Germany's #1 since 2014 AT LEAST.

Also: London is red!

For me Ter Stegen has been the best keeper in the world for at least three years now. The thing is he keeps getting better and better and his momentary lapses where he'd forget he was a keeper and instead a midfielder have been almost completely eradicated (I say almost because who knows if another can occur). 

Liverpool fans will disagree with their man Alisson Becker (there's only been one greatest Becker in the world as there's only been one great Boris in the world and neither are or were in England... German again!) and he's fantastic. But due to the way Barcelona play the game amongst some other details aside from the keeper's profession, Marc-André ter Stegen is by quite some distance the best keeper on the planet for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SirBalon said:

For me Ter Stegen has been the best keeper in the world for at least three years now. The thing is he keeps getting better and better and his momentary lapses where he'd forget he was a keeper and instead a midfielder have been almost completely eradicated (I say almost because who knows if another can occur). 

Liverpool fans will disagree with their man Alisson Becker (there's only been one greatest Becker in the world as there's only been one great Boris in the world and neither are or were in England... German again!) and he's fantastic. But due to the way Barcelona play the game amongst some other details aside from the keeper's profession, Marc-André ter Stegen is by quite some distance the best keeper on the planet for me. 

I think we are also forgetting Oblak in this discussion.

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I think we are also forgetting Oblak in this discussion.

 

 

 

 

All three are currently at the top of the tree with De Gea and Neuer having dropped down a notch.

But for me Ter Stegen is the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

All three are currently at the top of the tree with De Gea and Neuer having dropped down a notch.

But for me Ter Stegen is the best.

Oblak is above Ter Stegen, for me.

Alisson only just behind them.

Then probably Ederson, De Gea, Neuer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2019 at 21:32, Stan said:

Oblak is above Ter Stegen, for me.

WELL
THEN
YOU
ARE
WRONG,

HONEY!

Oblak might be as good as ter Stegen if you only consider shot stopping abilities. But NOBODY - not even Neuer - can distribute the ball like Marc can, which helps us to recycle possession, perform counter attack sufficiently fast and it makes him the best keeper in the world by quite some distance.

Ter Stegen's abilities help Barcelona due to the way they play the game and may not be as vital for lesser teams. I understand why ordinary fans have trouble evaluating how important he is. Only Barca fans should be allowed to argue who the best keeper in the world is.

Btw: He's really handsome and speaks nearly perfect Spanish. :17_heart_eyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching the game (I had it recorded for a sleepless night) The invention of the Decade wasnt never Busquets, although he is a valid contender, his rapid decline has been obvious to most. He represents everything a barcelona homegrown player should aim for and his legacy should be respected but the club is bigger than busquets itself and by no means should Valverde continue to start him ahead of the more aggressive, better leader, actually tries to score and has the ability to step up and carry the team or at least try... busquets is a great teammate and one of the greatest barca midfielders of all time but he has always lack what makes Vidal the king. Spain will continue respecting his legacy but without iniesta and xavi and replaced by de Jong and Arthur, busquets has went from great to being a liability. Cant hate valverde for not giving up on him but once the pressure started piling, busquets to the bench started making more since ESPECIALLY after this game.

1-0 with Sergio B and barcelona looked dull and closer to losing than winning 

Busquets had to come out and The game changer king Vidal was the player of the match imo. 

If you dont want to take my honest opinion here is further prove found in one of the many articles about Sergio's counted days with Barcelona. 

 

"Valverde, then at Villarreal, was asked to assess Busquets: "He oozes self-confidence and, from day one, has known precisely what to do in every situation. He adds equilibrium and control to Barcelona's midfield," he said a decade ago.

But when he was asked about Vidal's introduction against Inter, Valverde said: "Vidal brings pressing and a certain disorder between the lines which we needed. If we want control and possession, we've got Arthur and [Frenkie] De Jong." Please note: no mention of Busquets in relation to "control" and "possession." Unthinkable a season or two ago.

But this isn't an isolated issue. Possession-based football is under attack all over Europe. Tottenham have faded this term, Manchester City are wracked by injuries, Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds didn't get promoted, Chelsea sacked Maurizio Sarri despite him getting them playing the closest thing to Guardiola football as is possible to imagine, and La Rojathemselves are deep in transition."

The real invention of the decade is Henderson: the importance of a great defense (3/4) and a lethal offense enables average Joe's like Henderson to blend in and key contributions and attrulibutes are replaced with just dont fuck up and the rest of the squad will do the work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement