Brentford vs Bristol City
Cardiff vs QPR
Charlton vs Swansea
Luton vs Millwall

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Trying to get a ticket for Hull v Sheffield Wednesday tonight as I'm working in Hull today. No luck so far but would be a decent game to watch I reckon!

Surely you can just rock up on the gate no?

Always looks dead. Don't think they have had a sell out for a good few years now unless its Rugby League.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Surely you can just rock up on the gate no?

Always looks dead. Don't think they have had a sell out for a good few years now unless its Rugby League.

Aye, can get in for a standard seat on the gate so might do that :) work were meant to be giving us free tickets but that's where the luck ran out.

Tonight is a massive game for us and we absolutely have to win.

Firstly, we've dropped points in the last two games and lost some momentum. Confidence has taken a hit and goals have dried up.

Secondly we've only won one out of four Home games. Forest, Swansea and Derby we have all battered into submission only to fail to kill the game off and conceded late to drop points. So we need to get back to winning ways at home.

Thirdly, from a psychological perspective, we're playing a genuine promotion rival tonight and I think it's imperative we lay down a marker to the rest of the league that we mean buisness.

Fourthly, it's a big night for the likes of Bamford, who could do with hitting the back of the net to get him going again. He has missed some sitters and not scored for Four games. He could do with the boost.

Also Helder Costa, if he starts, who had an absolute stinker against Charlton. He needs to really take his chance and especially in the absence of Pablo Hernandez, be our creative spark. He owes us a contribution.

We're either scoring but conceding stupid goals, or defending well and not taking chances. Would be nice to actually score a few without conceding for a change. 

Hopefully Glatzel can get a couple tomorrow. Got his first goal against Derby and got his first from open play against Hull. 

That is one of the best 1-0 win's I've seen since consistently watching Championship football.

End to end, chances for both sides.

First half we were better, should have gone in 2-0. West Brom really came at us 2nd half and we were literally hanging on. I wouldn't have begrudged them a draw.

That said, we created the better chances but again, could not put the game to bed.

The two injuries first half really rocked us and I don't think we were able to play our normal style as a result 2nd half.

I would actually say, that is the first team to really dominate us possession wise and make us look second best in a half under Bielsa. Very unusual and not what we are used to. Felt weird just hanging on camped in our half.

However, it was pure fight and grit from us. After seeing us dominate games with no reward this season, i think we deserve to come away from a game 2nd best but with the win. Conceding late again would have killed us.

Big win for many reasons, pleased with the effort too which was up there. Bamford ran his socks off and grafted so hard.

• The topic was unpinned
On 01/10/2019 at 18:53, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We're either scoring but conceding stupid goals, or defending well and not taking chances. Would be nice to actually score a few without conceding for a change. 

Hopefully Glatzel can get a couple tomorrow. Got his first goal against Derby and got his first from open play against Hull. 

Football's a funny game. We beat QPR 3-0 and yet, going off both teams performances yesterday, we didn't even deserve to win, let alone 3-0. The only difference was being ruthless and that was it. 

According to BBC, 28% possession and 3 shots on target. 

Archived