talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Russian Premier League & Cup

football forum

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it appears to happen each week, we start off with a relegation battle today as Tambov hosts Akhmat .

It's troubling how close to relegation we are, so I'm just hoping all this battle ends in a draw, and that the bottom two continue to lose. Spartak has almost no chance of winning tomorrow about Lokomotiv...

Been hearing news of this, as people in Russia are applaud by the action of Dzyuba while Zenit were celebrating winning the RPL.  I've seen worse between @Stan and Martin. 

Two surprises today in terms of results. 

Grozny defeated Tambov, which moved them into 13th, Tambov into 14th, and essentially just a couple of GD away from getting out of the drop zone entirely. 

Currently, Sovetov sitting at 15th is absolutely demolishing Arsenal Tula 4-1. This will will put Sovetov within 1 point of Tambov and really make the relegation race a very tight one. 

3 minutes in and Lokomotiv should have a red card. The only reason they don't is that it's 'too early'. Seriously one of the dumbest things in this sport. A red card offense is a red card offense. Simple. 

Numerous chances, could be up by 3, yet a header from a cross isn't even bothered by the keeper, who I can only think he thought it was going wide. 

Spartak is up 1-0 on Lokomotiv

And it's over. Spartak and Loko draw at 1-1. 

We were the better team, but I can't be too upset. Crazy to think we sit in 7th, yet are just 3 points from having to play in the relegation playoff. 

2 matches today. 

Ural vs Dinamo Moscow

Rubin Kazan vs Krasnodor

Perfect results would mean Ural and Dinamo draw, and Krasnodor wins, which means that Dinamo or Ural will like win, and Rubin Kazan will surprise Krasnodor and get 3 points.  

What a goal that is! Unreal...Ural catch Dinamo on the counter and the shot comes from an odd angle but done to perfection as it curls around the keeper. 

1-0 Ural

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived