The better place to talk football.

Is it time for Pochettino to move on?

Poch-a-leavo  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should I stay or should I go now?

• Off you go to Real Madrid
    • Stay, Like Sash. But be better.

• Administrator

Its undeniable that reaching the final of the champions league is a real success story for Spurs, but events over the summer, not limited to Trippier's remarks and the comments from Pochettino regarding transfer policy sow a story of unrest at the club. Does the 7-2 defeat at home to Bayern show that many players suspect that their manager is either leaving of that they themselves need to leave to progress their careers? Or was it just it freak result?

Either way ... should Pochettino leave sooner or later?

image.png

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The problem is I think it's quite a risk going to either Manchester United or Real Madrid too. Real Madrid would make more sense - they're a bit of a mess but they're not quite Manchester United level shambles. Manchester United I really do think are consigned to an era of under-achievement and won't be challenging for anything serious for a good 3/4 years. I'll make a claim that they won't win a trophy before the next World Cup happens.

But you do feel like Tottenham and Pochettino might be nearing its end. I feel like they're as far away from winning a trophy as they've been in a while and they've missed every chance to do so. They're absolutely miles off the top two and although they made the CL final last year I'll be gobsmacked if they got even close to it this year.

They just seem to have completely lost any solidity as a team. They're as bad defensvely as I can remember them under him.

They've overacheved under him but not actually gotten anything to show for it, and I feel like their chances have been and gone. I think even if he managed to rebuild them again they would still not be good enough.

So yeah I think he should leave for Real Madrid.

Teso has been predicting this since the CL final. Both teams were bad but there is something different about the team and it doesn't give you the vibe of a poch team anymore. Poch is a professional and I'm sure he doesn't want to just randomly leave for the next offer but both sides are coming to terms that its coming to an end. 

Anyways, welcome to the greatest english team poch :x MAN UTD!  

59 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Teso has been predicting this since the CL final. Both teams were bad but there is something different about the team and it doesn't give you the vibe of a poch team anymore. Poch is a professional and I'm sure he doesn't want to just randomly leave for the next offer but both sides are coming to terms that its coming to an end. 

Anyways, welcome to the greatest english team poch :x MAN UTD!  

What happened to trusting the mf process? 

Have to agree with @Dan really. Spurs are going backwards at an alarming rate. Something hasn't been right since the start of the season. You cannot currently see them winning a trophy this year.

Poch has had 5 seasons at the club. In this day and age, that's actually decent service. By and large, they have been excellent and really should have had something to show for it. However that is the problem. They have gone through this patch with one of the best sides they have had in the short term and still haven't won a cup. In 20 or 30 years time, no one other than Spurs fans will reflect on this Spurs team because they haven't achieved anything concrete.

It feels like they aren't pulling in the same direction anymore. Poch is the man that will take the flack but you have to wonder what they are doing above him when you think about the state of the players having contracts run down, the fact they signed no one last summer, and exactly how much input Poch is really having with this.

It looks a poor decision to let Trippier go currently. Aurier and Walker-Peters don't look as good to me. I don't think Trippier was top bracket by any means but he's better than those two.

The Erikson and Vertonghen situation is ridiculous. Especially Erikson, who for me, is Spurs' best player. If he isn't in the team, I think they struggle and they look like they really miss the old Erikson from previous season's now. I think even Kane's form is affected because he doesn't seem to get as many chances created without Erikson's influence.

If I was Poch, I'd certainly be tempted to leave as long as the next challenge was the right fit but maybe that opportunity isn't available yet.

It's not going to be a quick fix at Man U and Real might not operate quite how he'd like. In some ways, I feel he'd actually be a better fit for someone like Barcelona, but that is complicated given his history. 

It is sad to see really because there is so much potential for the club now it has it's stadium and has established itself across Europe as a Champions League club the last few years.

17 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I sometimes wonder what a coach like Poch would do as an NT coach. I think Argentina might actually benefit from someone like him but I don't know if he'd even want to the job.

He’s united bound it’s inevitable 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Happy with that. I can cope with Utd being thrashed by a very underwhelming Bayern side. 

I'm in the minority I know, but for me Poch is very over-rated. Won nothing his whole career and is fucking up with the best team Spurs have ever had. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I wonder when that's going to happen if its the case. Surely Spurs can't afford a major imbalance right now can they? I suppose the other way of looking at it is, who can they get now that's an upgrade on Poch?

• Subscriber

No for United, he would only become another "Yes Sir, No Sir, 3 bags full Sir..." to the Glazers and Woody Woodpecker, go to Real and underachieve for about 2 years and then get the bullet...after he gets Kane at Real   :D

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Jose for the Spurs job. xD

Wouldn't surprise me! 

Not sure where Poch goes from here. If hes not good enough for Spurs, hes certainly not good enough for a powerhouse club. 

Man Utd is probably perfect for him come to think of it. A big club sinking fast. Maybe he could steady the ship like he did at Spurs?

He's done an unbelievable job but I think his best chances are by. They had an unbelievable chance to win the league in Leicester's year, and then again the year after. In a CL final against Liverpool anything can happen, and they were a bit unlucky. 

Taking them that close in all those instances was a massive achievement in itself, but I don't think he can strike gold twice. 

When he first got there he brought in a bunch of cheap players and academy products and they almost all did brilliantly. It's very hard to repeat that kind of success in consecutive seasons. 

11 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

What happened to trusting the mf process? 

I wake up every morning, smoke a blunt and thank God for the ongoing process that's about to fully take off. It's not the coach, it's the players that give me hope. We have a plethora of future stars that wont only fill up our starting eleven but a bunch of teams will benefit from the loan. Once the process starts delivering, players like j. Felix and mbappe will be begging to be a part of it. 

Archived