Is it time for Pochettino to move on?

Poch-a-leavo  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should I stay or should I go now?

• Off you go to Real Madrid
    • Stay, Like Sash. But be better.

• Subscriber

2 minutes ago, paulsb96 said:

When it comes to the Premier League, I have come from a family of Manchester United fans, so have a little bit of an interest for them, but prefer Arsenal. I live in the Netherlands, so I also follow the European leagues and just a very big fan of football.

I like you already but forgive you for liking the Gunners, our Son is a Liverpool supporter but I forgive him for that. :D 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I like you already but forgive you for liking the Gunners, our Son is a Liverpool supporter but I forgive him for that. :D 

Sometimes it does not always work how we want it to.
Judging by your profile, you are a Manchester United fan? What is your opinion on the current situation?

On 05/10/2019 at 08:42, Smiley Culture said:

I’ve never got the widely held belief that Pochettino needs to win a trophy all of a sudden. 

They shouldn’t sack him. Why would they?

He doesn’t need to win a trophy but that’s the only way they can top what they done last season (league cup not included)

I stand by that he should stay. They'll come out of it, and right now everyone from 2nd down is dropping points at a pretty high rate so they're well within touching distance still once they do turn it around...

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, paulsb96 said:

Sometimes it does not always work how we want it to.
Judging by your profile, you are a Manchester United fan? What is your opinion on the current situation?

Instead of hi-jacking a thread about Poch you can read what I think about the current situation at United and Ole here:D

On 05/10/2019 at 17:01, LFCMadLad said:

Possible reason is he may be losing the dressing room? Something certainly isnt right as things stand.

He is stuck with players he clearly stated in the summer that he wanted replaced. 

@topic

Going to Real Madrid would be stupid. He is the kind of manager who builds teams and a playing style. He needs time which he won't get at Madrid. 

Pochettino and Manchester United are made for each other. He will receive a better backing in the transfer market than what he has at Spurs. 

He really seems unmotivated at Spurs at present. He needs a new challenge. Hopefully that won't be United. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He should go fix AC Milan up

He'll see that as being beneath him. The way he talks you can tell he's an ego maniac. He'll be eyeing Real Madrid or Man Utd if he leaves/gets sacked. If not them, then PSG wouldn't be a surprise.

Just now, 6666 said:

He'll see that as being beneath him. The way he talks you can tell he's an ego maniac. He'll be eyeing Real Madrid or Man Utd if he leaves/gets sacked. If not them, then PSG wouldn't be a surprise.

AC Milan are genuine fallen giants - as a man who likes to build up a club, and considering he might make a move to United who have pretty similar issues with competence... I think they're a good fit for him. That's a club where the fans have all the ambition in the world, but the people running the club have just decided to spend the last few years shitting upon all of their hopes and dreams.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

AC Milan are genuine fallen giants - as a man who likes to build up a club, and considering he might make a move to United who have pretty similar issues with competence... I think they're a good fit for him. That's a club where the fans have all the ambition in the world, but the people running the club have just decided to spend the last few years shitting upon all of their hopes and dreams.

AC Milan are a good fit but I don't think he'd want to do the same thing all over again. Especially straight away. You could say Man Utd are a similar situation but they're a club that will spend massive amounts and in terms of stature they've retained their image as still being one of the most relevant clubs in football (even if their performances suggest otherwise).

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:
On 05/10/2019 at 12:31, LFCMadLad said:

Possible reason is he may be losing the dressing room? Something certainly isnt right as things stand.

He is stuck with players he clearly stated in the summer that he wanted replaced. 

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Who did he say he wanted to replace? Not saying you're wrong, I just didn't hear it?

A clear-out is expected to take place at Tottenham this winter, with under-fire manager Pochettino ready to make several players available as he looks to freshen up his under-performing squad.

According to The Times, Pochettino and Spurs will consider offers for Eriksen, Dier, Serge Aurier, Victor Wanyama and Danny Rose.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/eric-dier-heads-mauricio-pochettinos-plans-for-january-sales-j3s0txcmj?wgu=270525_54264_15705535946424_d5afa2c84a&wgexpiry=1578329594&utm_source=planit&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=22278

3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You could say Man Utd are a similar situation but they're a club that will spend massive amounts and in terms of stature they've retained their image as still being one of the most relevant clubs in football.

Woodward’s greatest master stroke. The fact people still believe we’re relevant is embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Woodward’s greatest master stroke. The fact people still believe we’re relevant is embarrassing.

Big transfer fees does that. You're also the most talked about club. For negative reasons mostly... but it creates the idea that Man Utd are extremely important when it comes to football.

21 minutes ago, 6666 said:

AC Milan are a good fit but I don't think he'd want to do the same thing all over again. Especially straight away. You could say Man Utd are a similar situation but they're a club that will spend massive amounts and in terms of stature they've retained their image as still being one of the most relevant clubs in football (even if their performances suggest otherwise).

Potentially unpopular opinion... but I really don't know how I feel about Emery and it'd be funny if Poch became the next Sol Campbell - I think Poch would actually be a really good fit at Arsenal.

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

A clear-out is expected to take place at Tottenham this winter, with under-fire manager Pochettino ready to make several players available as he looks to freshen up his under-performing squad.

According to The Times, Pochettino and Spurs will consider offers for Eriksen, Dier, Serge Aurier, Victor Wanyama and Danny Rose.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/eric-dier-heads-mauricio-pochettinos-plans-for-january-sales-j3s0txcmj?wgu=270525_54264_15705535946424_d5afa2c84a&wgexpiry=1578329594&utm_source=planit&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=22278

According to the times xD

Archived