1. 1. Should I stay or should I go now?

• Off you go to Real Madrid
    • Stay, Like Sash. But be better.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Storts said:

That's preferable

It makes sense to back the man who gave you several years of considerable improvement and eventually to a CL final, who now looks like he's got a dressing room that no longer wants to play for him so they're downing tools... over the players that are downing tools.

A clearout at Spurs of these players with the dogshite attitudes is probably harder for Levy to deal with... but the alternative of losing a very good manager (because it's clear that's what Poch is) is much worse for Spurs imo. There's a ton of very shit managers out there and not very many good ones - so getting someone as good or better than Poch is a MASSIVE ask.

34 minutes ago, Storts said:

That's preferable

But the least realistic option?

I guess if Poch is willing to stay...and Levy wants him to stay then this season will be a rebuild and next season will be make or break for him and Levy?

I think Levy needs to look at the sides he's competing with and allow Poch to offer higher wages to players - Spurs have a tiny wage budget and it's not sustainable after they've tasted a CL cup run. These players know what players who can challenge for the CL get paid - they have agents that know exactly how much their other clients at CL challenging clubs get paid.

Have any of you ever felt grossly underpaid for the work you've done? I've felt like that in previous jobs. And what it naturally made me do was look at other places to work where I would be doing similar work... and be getting paid more competitively. And it made me give much less of a shit about my work product at the job where I felt underpaid as I was looking for another job.

• Subscriber

Times aren't always good. After all the high's and just how consistently good he's had that team playing over the last few years, it's such a joke how many people and 'experts' are saying it's time for him to move on. He's the man to turn this around.

I don't think though that throwing money at it is the best idea either, and that won't happen either knowing how shrewd Spurs have proven to be. People act like he hasn't had a bean to spend and it's all down to that... it's not true. Ndombele, Sessegnon, Lo Celso were all good additions in the summer. And getting 20 million for Tripper is a steal on Spurs behalf. The summer before was poor, but it didn't affect him last season did it with how well they did? The year before Sanchez, Moura, Foyth etc. He has had money, i'm not sure what this myth is that he's never had money to spend. It was always going to be tricky this season to motivate them again after the high of last season and that Ajax game and that CL final.... ultimately ending in disappointment. 

Why the fuck would Pochettino go to AC Milan? They’re a spent force, they’re not the club they were in the late 90’s/early 00’s and they’ve had eight managers in five years, why would he bother going there? He may as well go to Arsenal if we’re talking about him leaving for a crap job. 

9 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Why the fuck would Pochettino go to AC Milan? They’re a spent force, they’re not the club they were in the late 90’s/early 00’s and they’ve had eight managers in five years, why would he bother going there? He may as well go to Arsenal if we’re talking about him leaving for a crap job. 

I mean, I can't see him being a success at Real Madrid. He builds sides over a period of time, imo, that's wasted on Real Madrid who need instant success. Does that mean I don't think Poch wouldn't be an instant success at Real Madrid? No, not necessarily. I just think if he's going to move on to a club, he's a manager I actually respect a lot so I'd like him to go to a club where if he's got a long term vision for them he'll actually be able to see it out. There's no doubt that Real Madrid have greater ambition than Spurs do currently, and Real Madrid will always have great ambitions whether or not it's realistic that season.

He's said he's never going to Barca because he respects Espanyol too much.

AC Milan are an actual sleeping giant that need some stability and a long term giant. Before Juve's ridiculous run of Serie A titles that they're currently defending... do you know who the last Serie A champion was? It was AC Milan. Granted it was 8 years ago lol. They're similar to Manchester United in that they're mired with incompetency that's holding them back. They also had to deal with that joker from China who claimed to have a bunch of money and somehow bought them... and he didn't actually have anywhere near as much money as he claimed. So that really hurt them financially until they were taken over by an American hedgefund (that's actually a pretty evil entity, taking advantage of 3rd world countries with debt and backing dictators...) - so they've got money now. But like Man United they lack direction.

They also don't have quite the same resources as Manchester United - so yeah, I think it's much more realistic that he goes to United over AC Milan. But AC Milan aren't some shit club, they're a genuine giant that's just been supremely mismanaged. It's not like I'm saying he should join Cagliari. Which is fairly similar to how United are. And I quite like Poch and Milan... so if he is to go anywhere, I'd like to see that.

If Bayern Munich are getting a new manager at the end of the season... that might be the best option for him. Good squad, good players, look like they need some rejuvenation a bit (well... judging from their last season CL campaign). Although do they wanna hire the man they just spanked 7-2?

I think he should stay and he should get greater backing from Levy, both financially and in regards to getting rid of players who might be downing tools. I don't think he should get a lot of stick for letting contracts of players run down, because that's more Levy's department than his. I think he's shown he's a top class manager that's capable of taking Spurs to new heights (because that's their first CL final, isn't it?). Now it's up to Spurs to match his ambition.

And he's done enough for Spurs to be afforded a season where things don't go poorly and he should be afforded time to right the ship. I've always believed you should support managers through bad times when they've already demonstrated their quality - I hated the way some of our fans immediately turned on Rafa and wanted him sacked after his first poor year (which I think all things considered, with the way Gillett and Hicks were running us... was a pretty decent season considering we were going bankrupt behind the scenes). And there's a lesson in what happened with us and Rafa after we were rid of him after his first poor year - the grass isn't always greener on the other side when you've had a man come in and build something and then replace him with someone who is either unwilling or incapable of continuing to build what was in place (and creating opportunities for success).

It's hard to find good managers, harder than it is to find good players.

Longer than a @SirBalon post tho, sorry bout that

23 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Potentially unpopular opinion... but I really don't know how I feel about Emery and it'd be funny if Poch became the next Sol Campbell - I think Poch would actually be a really good fit at Arsenal.

I'd take him. I think a lot of arsenal fans would. Never happen though

On 08/10/2019 at 18:29, LFCMadLad said:

Who did he say he wanted to replace? Not saying you're wrong, I just didn't hear it?

I kept seeing multiple reports in media all through the summer (even now) how he wanted to sell the likes of Wanyama, Rose, Dier, etc. and buy other players. 

It's quite clear he is upset (for the past couple of seasons now) with how transfers work at Spurs. 

• 1 month later...
On 01/10/2019 at 21:20, Teso dos Bichos said:

Teso has been predicting this since the CL final. Both teams were bad but there is something different about the team and it doesn't give you the vibe of a poch team anymore. Poch is a professional and I'm sure he doesn't want to just randomly leave for the next offer but both sides are coming to terms that its coming to an end. 

Anyways, welcome to the greatest english team poch :x MAN UTD!  

My sources are the best. :4_joy: THE MF PROCESS is about to make the statement of the goddamn century  

Archived