Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

(EL) - Group L - Matchday 2 - Thursday 3rd October, 2019

all kick-offs 17.55 (BST) unless stated

FC Astana vs Partizan Belgrade, 15.50
AZ Alkmaar vs Man Utd, 17.55

Just play the youth and hope for the best Ole, it's gonna be a breathtaking 0-0 result or a breathtaking 1-1 result or getting whacked by AZ 3-0.

Will keep the faith and say 0-1 United with young James scoring...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

Astana to start off the day, kicking off here shortly. Love a good back-to-back-to-back football day. 

19 minutes ago, Eco said:

Astana to start off the day, kicking off here shortly. Love a good back-to-back-to-back football day. 

I remember during weekends at uni, when I literally could not be arsed to do anything, I'd watch A-League in the morning (sometimes 2 games), then the 12.30pm game, 3pm matches, the 5.30pm game, 7.45/8pm and then maybe an MLS match at midnight. 

The breaks in between would be used to actually shower, take a shit, replenish stock in terms of crisps and alcohol, then actually have some decent food. 

Great times.

• Haha 1

Just now, Stan said:

I remember during weekends at uni, when I literally could not be arsed to do anything, I'd watch A-League in the morning (sometimes 2 games), then the 12.30pm game, 3pm matches, the 5.30pm game, 7.45/8pm and then maybe an MLS match at midnight. 

Great times.

Yeah - working from home is a blessing. I can do my work at 11 at night if I want, or 4am if I want, and this allows me to watch all the football I want. 

Sexy finish there and Partizan go up 1-0. 

And now it's Half-time. 

Astana 0 - 1 Partizan

Posted (edited)

AZ Alkmaar are so underrated and just like Ajax, they are full of top quality young players,  with experience players like Vlaar.   Stengs and Boadu up front are the ones to watch out for, Idrissi also is very good on the wing. 

Utd struggling. Again.

Dive by Rashford. Not sure what McManaman is on about.

The defender pulls his right leg back in and doesn't connect. Rashford then feigns injury.

Posted (edited)

Just waiting on man utd to quit throwing away competition after competition on purpose..we get it, the saf era would never be matched by any team. No need to continue taken it lightly on purpose just cause of a comfortable cushion on the second best team. Even if they tie man utd, one out of 30 is all they have done. 

10 hours ago, Cicero said:

Still 1st in their group

Hodgson had Liverpool finishing top of the Europa League group. Only won two games. It's not difficult when you look at some of the teams you come up against at this stage.

Anyway, technically they're second aren't they? On goals scored?

5 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Just waiting on man utd to quit throwing away competition after competition on purpose..we get it, the saf era would never be matched by any team. No need to continue taken it lightly on purpose just cause of a comfortable cushion on the second best team. Even if they tie man utd, one out of 30 is all they have done. 

This is what it's come to xD

God, we live to fight another day in the EUROPA...and then get beat at OT in the next game and Ole stop keep saying 'The Boys... ' they are grown men for fuck's sake and if you want to call them boys then play all of the youth team.