• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2019/20 - 4-7th October, 2019

football forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Tbf, they looked good against us on Wednesday and only their finishing let them down. Looks like they're making a point here so............... sorry about that. 

We shouldn't judge anything on how someone does against the likes of Cardiff :ph34r: 

I think there are two main underlying problems with Rovers: firstly, not being in the Premier League. I love being in the Championship but god knows the only way the club  is sustainable is in the top tier. Aside from the obvious financial incentive, no local kids younger than about 12 or 13 now remember Blackburn in the top flight; and being right on the doorstep of Liverpool, Man United and nowadays Man City, in addition to every large town around us having Football League teams (Accy, the Claret Shite, Preston, Bolton, Rochdale, not Bury) means we have to fight to make sure the next generation gravitates towards us. Accy have a phenomenal chairman and go to the end of the earth to get their name out there, giving out free shirts to school kids in old Rovers territory. Accrington for fuck's sake.

The second problem is the dinosaur residing in the manager's office. Lovely guy but time and time again shown up to be tactically inept and completely ineffectual in his promises. No idea of his best XI aside from ensuring old faves are the first on the team sheet (Elliott Bennett as a right back, Sam Gallagher as a winger for example). We have our best squad in getting on a decade, and whilst Mowbray deserves some credit for that, it is all meaningless when we have no idea how to play any of them. Same shite gets pedaled out after every loss, we have to respect the opposition, we will pick up the pieces and double down in training etc. We've been that way for over a year now in Mowbray's stewardship. We are not going forwards. I do not see what future we have like this. At best we are standing dead still, at worst we are in regression. We cannot afford the latter. 

4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Does anyone think Forrest can sustain this? 

Defensively I think they're set. Samba in goal looks very good, Dawson has another year in him and Worrall is improving game after game.

Attacking I'm sceptical. Relied heavily on Grabban and Lolley too much last season. Sow is contributing well but it's a long way to go. Im not convinced that Watson will keep up his best form in years.

The teams I've been most convinced by are Leeds, West Brom and Fulham. I would chuck Swansea in that category but I think they could lose Ayew and/or Borja in January as they are showing themselves to be PL quality.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived