talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 2nd May - Real Madrid 3-0 Atletico Madrid (1st Leg)

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Do you know about the story where he arrived tired and injured 15 minutes before a Barça game after playing for Perú?  He wanted to play so badly in that Barcelona game that he borrowed money to play for Barcelona that evening and left without celebrating with Perú after the victory.

There are other anecdotes in interviews I've listened to from him on Peruvian radio which tell of a time which no longer exists with players.

Was it after the 1975 Copa America? If so then I think so. I've heard a similar story about that. In regards to Sotil and Cubillas.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I meant todays game.

Yeah, but today he wasn't playing Barcelona and that's the game Madrid fans have to see their team win.  Especially at their own ground!

Plus there's a difference between what Messi did in that game and what Cristiano did in this one...  This whole debate is stupid and it's my own fault for drawing myself into it because there's no point as anyone that roams social media will tell you.  These days, it's like that.

3 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Was it after the 1975 Copa America? If so then I think so. I've heard a similar story about that. In regards to Sotil and Cubillas.

I could search for it mate and tell you.  I can't remember the game, just the anecdote as Sotil was recounting it and according to the radio presenter he had tears in his eyes when he was telling the story.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, but today he wasn't playing Barcelona and that's the game Madrid fans have to see their team win.  Especially at their own ground!

Plus there's a difference between what Messi did in that game and what Cristiano did in this one...  This whole debate is stupid and it's my own fault for drawing myself into it because there's no point as anyone that roams social media will tell you.  These days, it's like that.

I didn't even bring up Barcelona! I just said he has been a big game player the last year. Which he has, no? It doesnt evenmatter if you like the guy, we cant deny his successes. Portugal would be up shit creek with ol Ronnie

Just now, Spike said:

I didn't even bring up Barcelona! I just said he has been a big game player the last year. Which he has, no? It doesnt evenmatter if you like the guy, we cant deny his successes. Portugal would be up shit creek with ol Ronnie

Mate...  This has been his worst season ever for Real Madrid.  He has scored some important goals in the last few games in the Champions League but considering his game revolves 100% around scoring goals these days and does very little else (especially compared to what his game once was), just look at the stats because goalscoring stats is really the only way you can go with him now.

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Mate...  This has been his worst season ever for Real Madrid.  He has scored some important goals in the last few games in the Champions League but considering his game revolves 100% around scoring goals these days and does very little else (especially compared to what his game once was), just look at the stats because goalscoring stats is really the only way you can go with him now.

That isn't mutually exclusive! I'm not talking about that. My statement was a simple one, he has been a big game player and there is no denying that. I don't think it really matters too much if he isn't getting hattricks against Las Palmas or Deportivo anymore. You say like scoring goals is easy; Thierry Henry once said this 'sometimes you have to score goals to win'.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

That isn't mutually exclusive! I'm not talking about that. My statement was a simple one, he has been a big game player and there is no denying that. I don't think it really matters too much if he isn't getting hattricks against Las Palmas or Deportivo anymore.

So where was he against Barça at the Bernabéu which is what Tsubasa was asking mate.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So where was he against Barça at the Bernabéu which is what Tsubasa was asking mate.

One game doesn't make my statement untrue. He has got goals against Atleti, Valencia, Bayern, Dortmund,  Sevilla, and a few others. Three goals in the Euros and a bunch for World Cup qualification on top.  

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

One game doesn't make my statement untrue. He has got goals against Atleti, Valencia, Bayern, Dortmund,  Sevilla, and a few others. Three goals in the Euros and a bunch for World Cup qualification on top.  

Trust me on this what I'm about to tell you and only if you're Spanish will you understand it and that isn't meant as a condescending remark mate.

UNLESS Real Madrid win both La Liga and the Champions League (which is a real possibility) THAT game will for years be referred to!

For a Real Madrid player (most of all the fans) and the same vice versa for Barcelona players (and fans), that's the games against each other are ALL that matters unless you can make them forget it all by winning things.  Forget Arsenal v Spurs, Liverpool v Man Utd etc... etc... (infact only River v Boca, Boca v River compares) because that isn't even in the same book.  It's everything!  It's ALL, it's what football was made for as far as a Spaniard is concerned.  Infact fans of other Spanish club side with one or the other everytime that game comes along because it's all that matters.

Messi didn't only score two goals (actually forget his goals in that game), he dominated the game.  He took his side on his back and CARRIED them all the way to victory.  He didn't hang on the shoulder and hate for opportunism (which is great and commendable for a 9, something Cristiano now is).  He had the opponent manhunt him for 90 minutes all over the pitch, his half and their half without success.

That's what a dominating factor is.  We had Ian Wright and before him we had Alan Smith.  But neither were Henry (more than just goals) or Bergkamp.  The others may have been great goalscorers, but the latter two were the essence of what it's all about on the whole.

The Real players know they must win both tournaments now because Zidane will be sacked and the ongoing debate this season on whether Cristiano should be sold will once again be brought forward (that's how his season has gone that this debate has been ongoing in Madrid's own supportive sports press).

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Leicester would have done better than this and Danny Simpson would have had Ronaldo in his back pocket

I genuinely think we'd have shown more going forward.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Totally agree, he played for a 0-0 in an attempt to take things back to the Calderon with his team in the driving seat. It was totally naive and he's been punished, for all I love him as a manager he's got it seriously wrong tonight.

Is it so hard to type ''Leicester?''

I don't think he can bring himself to do it. Understandable given the natural hatred for Leicester from American / Mexican Man Utd / Real Madrid / Club America 'fans'.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

An elbow to the back of the head? Surely that deserves a yellow no matter how weak it was? There is a time for physicality in sports and it's called tackling, intercepting, and headers. Not elbows to the back of the head.

I elbowed some cunt in the head the other week. We were about to contest a header, and as he was taller I wanted to use my strength to push in front of him, to take him out of the equation. I threw my arm across him and pushed ahead, but he grabbed me and tried to pull me back, so as he ducked in for the header I elbowed him sharply in the face.

Ref called a foul, but I told the ref that I was just trying to protect my body and it was unfortunate that he ducked into it. Got away scott freexD

12 hours ago, Storts said:

In fairness the sooner people accept Real are bigger and better than Barcelona, the easier this will all be. 

Agreed. If they put this year's UCL in the bag they will go down as the greatest side in decades. 

1493802082858.jpg

Real Madrid hold themselves as a club with "Señorío" (Gentlemanly and with honour) which is absolute nonsense but this is a fact and they go on about it a lot with Florentino Pérez constantly banging that phrase out.

Well, call it sour grapes or whatever you want, but Atlético Madrid have protested to UEFA on Real Madrid's massive banner that was used for when both sets of players came out of the tunnel before the game started.  The banner according to Atlético Madrid was provocative, out of context with anything football is about at this level and also a cause for problems for the return leg.

The banner (pictured above) says "Tell me what you feel" with the European Cup and the two finals played against Atlético Madrid (Milan and Lisbon).

This with other reasons (hundreds and hundreds which I bore you all with most days) is why Real Madrid CF is a scum football club on a different level.  They are arrogant and have no understanding of what this sport is actually all about.  They've been used to handouts throughout their whole history from various areas of authority, political and in sport.  Whether or not the banner is provocative (which it is, that at least) or all the other things Atlético Madrid have complained about (that's down to interpretation for the authorities) is upto every individual and their own opinion.  I base mine on decades and decades of all sorts of things.

Then people complain about Barça's "Men que un club" motto which is used many times in mosaics for special occasions as arrogant.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

@SirBalon

talking of the banner, you'll like this :D 

Obviously one (the one I know of) means the final in Glasgow which is recognised as the greatest European Cup (Champions League) final of them all where Real Madrid beat Eintracht Frankfurt 7-3 (1960).  The other one I can't remember off the top of my head right now and haven't searched.  Obviously the cups are badly positioned. xD

The whole thing is arrogant and totally aimed at Atlético Madrid because there was no call for it. "SEÑORÍO"

They are just total scum!

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

didn't they win it twice in Glasgow?

I don't know mate...  Probably because back then Celtic were a main feature on the European scene and it was one of the great stadiums of Europe.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived