talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 2nd May - Real Madrid 3-0 Atletico Madrid (1st Leg)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real should really consider selling Benzema and Bale and place Ronaldo up top. With Isco and Asensio behind him. 

Much better footballing side if they do that. 

Ronaldo

Isco--------------Asensio

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Real should really consider selling Benzema and Bale and place Ronaldo up top. With Isco and Asensio behind him. 

Much better footballing side if they do that. 

Ronaldo

Isco--------------Asensio

I agree with this mate, not sure why benzema gets played, he is so horrible

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That's Balon D'or locked for him. Even if Messi scores 50 more goals until the end of the season, Ronaldo has it. 

Hilarious but you're 100% right. Bonucci and Neymar will deserve it much more but Ronaldo will get it because he has da most goals. 

This has been Atleti's most embarrassing attempt in the Champions League against Real Madrid. It serves Simeone right for going there to obviously try and frustrate Real. 

Everyone bar Deportivo in the last three months has taken Real to the edge in La Liga. There's some sort of voodoo in this tournament for them when they face Real. Obviously this isn't the usual last ditch Ramos goal to get them back into the game which has been the main event when they face each other in this tournament. But you can't do this! You have to go for it!!!

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Hilarious but you're 100% right. Bonucci and Neymar will deserve it much more but Ronaldo will get it because he has da most goals. 

He doesn't have the most goals and that's even turning into the one touch midas man. 

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Hilarious but you're 100% right. Bonucci and Neymar will deserve it much more but Ronaldo will get it because he has da most offside goals. 

fixed that for you :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Tuesday 2nd May - Real Madrid 3-0 Atletico Madrid (1st Leg)
  • Subscriber

Ronaldo and Real top class tonight - this isn't the best or most talented Madrid side of all time, but they know how to get the job done, and they have a nice balance of youth and experience.

Asensio is such a joy to watch - what a talent, and Isco has come in to his own this season, although not at his best tonight. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I don't know what's worse, Real Madrid winning or Steve McManaman talking. 

I can only echo what others have said tonight, Atletico looked beaten from the beginning and looked a shadow of their La Liga selves. They've only got themselves to blame and the hoodo continues, I'm just thankful that this tie is the semi rather than the final as this would have been ten times more unbearable. 

or 'terrific' being Owen Hargreaves' favourite word to describe anything.

Wonder if he's related to old Harry Redknapp. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

I don't know what's worse, Real Madrid winning or Steve McManaman talking. 

I can only echo what others have said tonight, Atletico looked beaten from the beginning and looked a shadow of their La Liga selves. They've only got themselves to blame and the hoodo continues, I'm just thankful that this tie is the semi rather than the final as this would have been ten times more unbearable. 

Simeone is the one to blame!

Nobody can say Atlético Madrid don't have talent all over the field and he hasn't utilised it at all because when it comes to situations like these he just plans conservatively.  Even in the Semi-FInal in the Copa del Rey this season against Barcelona he only went for it in the second leg where to be honest they were unlucky but the damage had been done in the first leg.

Simeone against the elite is great in one off games which is what league games are or finals.  In those games he motivates his team to hold out and capitalise on opportunities which has shown in both Champions League Finals against Real Madrid where they were very unlucky and only moments changed destiny which can happen to anyone.  But in two legs he is found out against major pressure and then again against Barça he's done them twice in the Champions League with the two game scenario.  I just don't get why he tried to frustrate them at the Santiago Bernabéu...  Absolutely everyone has made Real sweat this season there and it took a proper side like Barça to actually make effective the fact they're not all that.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Totally agree, he played for a 0-0 in an attempt to take things back to the Calderon with his team in the driving seat. It was totally naive and he's been punished, for all I love him as a manager he's got it seriously wrong tonight.

Is it so hard to type ''Leicester?''

So frighteningly similar to Mourinho. Exciting, bold and inspiring in his early managerial career, slowly became dull and annoyingly conservative as the years progressed. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

Totally agree, he played for a 0-0 in an attempt to take things back to the Calderon with his team in the driving seat. It was totally naive and he's been punished, for all I love him as a manager he's got it seriously wrong tonight.

Exactly...  He thought (and I get it) that his team would score a goal somehow from some sort of opportunity.  But for that to happen you can't just sit back like that.  Players aren't machines!  You can't plan something all week and when it goes wrong, then expect the players to scrap it all and change it.  Games are made of 90 minutes which although extremely intense at this level like we'll never know, they are part and parcel of their coach and changing the momentum of a game is extremely difficult without a moment of inspiration which in truth was missing from Atleti tonight and that's the only part Simeone isn't to blame for.

I maintain that this Atlético side is a fantastic bunch of players that no side has better in Europe.  They should've done better.

• Administrator

you know you've made it as a big club when you get talked about in a match that has nothing to do with you.

Cheers Teso. Nice of you buddy. 

• Subscriber

Advantage Real and rightfully so. After the first goal went in I thought okay now they'll try to get something back to take to the second leg but they never really got out of first gear. Sloppy passing, unnecessary challenges, terrible possession and then confusing substitutions at a time when they didn't even need to substitute players. Its hard to imagine them getting back in this with the second leg.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I maintain that this Atlético side is a fantastic bunch of players that no side has better in Europe.

what?? how??? If they were having such a better team and like you claimed if simeone is so good at setting up his teams in one leg games then they should be winning both the league and the domestic cup... You are going too overboard mate. 

That was fucking depressing. I'm glad I wasn't watching the CL on my own like I normally do and at least had a conversation to distract me from Ronaldo's shite celebrations and that unbearable goal music Real play.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

End of Simeone's Atletico reign i feel. . Seems both parties could use a different approach. Just hope Simeone learns to adapt as football evolves unlike a certain Portuguese man. 

Change of country maybe and considering that theres a certain Italian team making noise about wanting him there who knows what might happen.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived