The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 5-6th October, 2019

football forum

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Wait I only just realised Liverpool v Leicester isn't televised. That's mad.

Yeah you'd think it'd be the perfect opportunity for it. Especially with the Rodgers connection.

Last few seasons it has been I think.

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think you should be confident of getting a result. Don't get me wrong, Liverpool at full throttle will be hard to cope with and you'll likely lose. But anything less, you've got enough to get a couple of goals there.

That's if Leicester are at full throttle as well I take it? 

It doesn't all depend on our performance obviously. We are quite capable of playing shit and still winning if the other team isnt at 100%.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

I'd agree. We have a good balance to our squad and seem to be fairly confident under Rodgers right now.

Just hope we don't revert back to playing Maddison LW and losing shape. Also hope we don't come crashing back down to earth by being too open as well. Definitely have enough confidence to create decent chances and take the game to them.

I don't really get it. Why do you think you have a good chance of getting a result away from home against the leaders  with a 100 percent  record?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't really get it. Why do you think you have a good chance of getting a result away from home against the leaders  with a 100 percent  record?

I don't think he's getting carried away with what he's said. Basically saying that if Leicester play well they can cause Liverpool problems, which I think most people would agree with looking at a couple of Liverpool's defensive performances this season and Leicester's current form. I dont think he's suggesting they have a great chance of getting a result though.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I said we have enough confidence in the team to create good chances, not necessarily getting a result there.

But let's face it, stranger things have happened in football. 

Arsenal need to drop the donkey Pepe and the liability Xhaka on Sunday,  we do not need to carry players, as Emery said there are better players that should be in the team when he was talking about Ozil the same should apply to others.  Pepe has been dreadful, looks a scared little boy when he has the ball, also has such a poor attitude with no fight, this is looking to be a piece of horrible business if he doesn't buck up.  Williock and Martinelli should start 100%, they bring so much freshness, it be nice as well if Tierney starts left back as well. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

One of only two teams to take points from Anfield last year (and we are in comfortably better form now than we were then). Man City and Liverpool both had two tough games against us last year. We're not bad at these relatively.

We'll likely lose but if you were to pick a side to stop Liverpool winning at home I think we'd make the top 4/5.

I actually think it would be a great for the league if Leicester won tomorrow.

It would bring the title race a little closer, you'd have the Rodgers coming back to haunt his old club headlines, and it would be a brilliant message for Leicester to send to the likes of Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and United that they are serious about competing for Top 4.

Liverpool have passed every challenge set of them so far but I want to see how they respond when they have taken a shock loss.

Ultimately, I want the title to go to the last day, neck and neck on points and goals.

• Subscriber

I'm pretty sure as well we ended a ridiculously long unbeaten Liverpool home run in the 80s. My Dad reckons their fans clapped ours as we walked down the street.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Wait I only just realised Liverpool v Leicester isn't televised. That's mad.

They have however televised our next two away games after that. Southampton and Crystal Palace. Also at shite kick off times for the matchgoer. Really don't get how they work.

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

I actually think it would be a great for the league if Leicester won tomorrow.

It would bring the title race a little closer, you'd have the Rodgers coming back to haunt his old club headlines, and it would be a brilliant message for Leicester to send to the likes of Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and United that they are serious about competing for Top 4.

Liverpool have passed every challenge set of them so far but I want to see how they respond when they have taken a shock loss.

Ultimately, I want the title to go to the last day, neck and neck on points and goals.

I dislike all of this

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Jurgen will be looking to set the record straight. I think its things like this that wind him up more than beating teams we already have a history of beating. 

Set what record straight? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Set what record straight? 

Not picking up points against you'll. Last year the draws and the micro chances to put opponents away hurt the final run. I think that's the record he wants to set straight. If we slip now I guarantee City will start to apply pressure slowly and then its back to last year which I don't want personally.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Surprised Lovren plays instead of Gomez. 

Maddison out wide. Ugh. 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Surprised Lovren plays instead of Gomez. 

Maddison out wide. Ugh. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You got a stutter? Haha

I was going to say something similar but you beat me to it. xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived