talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 5-6th October, 2019

football forum

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Stan You didn't have two shots on target all game, it was two shots in the whole match. Your only one on target was the goal. Adrian might have done better with it, although it might have taken a deflection off Lovren.

I suppose I maybe expected more from Leicester because people have been bigging them up so much this week, even our own fans

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not gonna lie, looks like Mane goes down very easily here. Flings his arms about like Salah used to. Soft, for me.

Mane definitely makes the most of it, but it’s still a foul. The player is clumsy and stands on Mane’s foot. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not gonna lie, looks like Mane goes down very easily here. Flings his arms about like Salah used to. Soft, for me.

It's a Michael Owen penalty. Contact + he goes down = foul. Not a pen for me, but I've seen far more egregious simulation

After some of the shit VAR has let go, I would've been absolutely raging if that'd been taken away

51 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Liverpool fans can keep complaining about how teams keep bending over for City but the amount of times teams come to Anfield, shut them down and then do something beyond ret@rded to gift them the victory is unreal. Jordan Pickford, Spurs last season, that from Leicester.

Bitter blue out.

You’ve got to remember mate. United used to get last minute wins and pens because they were favoured, the refs were on their side and they never deserved it. Amazingly, it’s now happening to Liverpool, but it’s because they’re the best team in the league and they deserve it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bitter Manc out.

Just now, Burning Gold said:

After some of the shit VAR has let go, I would've been absolutely raging if that'd been taken away

Yep, we've been on the wrong end of it a few times already this season. Nice that we've had one go for us

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

You’ve got to remember mate. United used to get last minute wins and pens because they were favoured, the refs were on their side and they never deserved it. Amazingly, it’s now happening to Liverpool, but it’s because they’re the best team in the league and they deserve it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bitter Manc out.

Spot on.

Anyway, get back to that thread for the bottom half of the table clash with Newcastle

18 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Bitter Manc out.

Two biggest clubs by far. I'm not fond of either club but at least you're genuine football greats. Man city, Chelsea, spurs, arsenal are mickey mouse in comparison. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

71501837_10219724147551727_8344900518715

Genuine shouts to go back there on Twitter. It's got to the point where I don't blame them because we've tried so many different managers since and been so shit that a lot of our fans would happily snuggle up to the comfortable bosom of finishing exactly 7th-9th each season and never win a trophy. We've even cleared out those sacks of shite who managed to get Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth and Allardyce the boot and even that didn't work, the club is genuinely rotten at its core. xD

• Subscriber

That's the hardest one to take in a long time despite the inevitability of them nicking it.

The penalty decision I'm a bit torn. I think we've made a total mess of the whole situation and why in gods name we've not just cleared the ball to begin with I have no idea. Why the hell are we fucking around with it like that in the 94th minute? There was contact and it was a dive at the same time. If it hadn't been given initially I'm not sure it would've been overturned either. It's very borderline.

I don't think we can really complain with the result. The usual problems when we play Maddison out wide. I don't think we played badly by any stretch but we're just far too easy to defend against when we set up like that. Vardy barely in the game whatsoever but he was hung out to dry. He's a top striker but you've got to actually support him.

Thought we largely defended very well but we gave them too little to worry about for most of the game hence why we kept coming under more pressure. Was surprised at quite how few shots we actually did register though. Two is pathetic really even if we are the type who'll pass rather than shoot now.

Liverpool just so so hard to play against.

I've no long term concerns about us (other than this insistence on Maddison out wide, we have got to sign a winger). When you look at the toss served up by our rivals for the European spots today we certainly weren't the main losers of the day. It's just going to hurt a bit that one.

• Administrator

Not a fan of Klopp singling out Choudhury for the tackle on Salah. Yes it was bad but targeting the player individually was in bad taste. Especially when TAA has raked his studs down Tielemans achilles earlier in the game. But nothing said about that.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not a fan of Klopp singling out Choudhury for the tackle on Salah. Yes it was bad but targeting the player individually was in bad taste. Especially when TAA has raked his studs down Tielemans achilles earlier in the game. But nothing said about that.

Cuz its  against Liverpool, Those darling saints.

• Subscriber

Choudhury's tackle is just a standard cynical foul which plenty of teams do (including Liverpool today), don't think he actually went to hurt Salah, more just break their attack down. The red card calls are nonsense.

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

Choudhury's tackle is just a standard cynical foul which plenty of teams do (including Liverpool today), don't think he actually went to hurt Salah, more just break their attack down. The red card calls are nonsense.

As is the racist abuse he gets on Twitter for it as well. 

For me, a pk should be awarded for goal scoring opportunities only.

Not if the fouled player is facing the opposite of goal. 

It reminds me when Robben got fouled vs Mexico in 2014 World Cup knockouts. It was late in the game and ended up as the game winner. No threat on goal but a pk awarded.  Yah there were some theatrics in the dive too

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

The Arnold incident looked a completely accidental tangling of legs to me. Choudhury's only intention was to foul Salah. Nothing wrong with calling out badly intended tackles. Not sure I 100% agree with him that it's a red though, although I can see why people think it.

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

Can commit tactical fouls without being so reckless. It wasn't just a standard cynical foul. It was a nasty one

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Can commit tactical fouls without being so reckless. It wasn't just a standard cynical foul. It was a nasty one

I'll give you that but still think a red would've been totally over the top.

8 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

For me, a pk should be awarded for goal scoring opportunities only.

Not if the fouled player is facing the opposite of goal. 

It reminds me when Robben got fouled vs Mexico in 2014 World Cup knockouts. It was late in the game and ended up as the game winner. No threat on goal but a pk awarded.  Yah there were some theatrics in the dive too

If Mane isn't fouled he's passing it to Lallana (I think) in the middle for an easy tap in into an open net. Don't be ridiculous anyway

• Subscriber

I legitimately think Soyuncu is better than Maguire as well. He's as good on the ball (if not better) and is absolutely rapid. If we'd set up like that today with Maguire in the side we'd have been trounced.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived