talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 5-6th October, 2019

football forum

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I legitimately think Soyuncu is better than Maguire as well. He's as good on the ball (if not better) and is absolutely rapid. If we'd set up like that today with Maguire in the side we'd have been trounced.

To be fair, if it wasnt for our wastefulness you would have been trounced anyway. Our finishing and final ball (especially in the first half) was awful.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The Arnold incident looked a completely accidental tangling of legs to me. Choudhury's only intention was to foul Salah. Nothing wrong with calling out badly intended tackles. Not sure I 100% agree with him that it's a red though, although I can see why people think it.

Hmm, the TAA one is a bit contentious for me. Maybe not seeing it in real-time and only seeing slow-motion replays doesn't help. Looks nasty to me.

Klopp's over-reaction to it all (to the BBC journalist) is what gets me. Ends up having a go at the journalist for having a different opinion ffs xD

Choudhury's intention is to foul him (tactically, like every single club does) but there's no way the intention is there to injure him, badly or not.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Choudhury's intention is to foul him (tactically, like every single club does) but there's no way the intention is there to injure him, badly or not.

No doubt. That doesn't take away from the fact it's a very poor challenge and there's other ways of making tactical fouls

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well apparently (uncomfirmed) Salah's injury is pretty serious and could proper derail our season. So although Klopp losing his shit maybe in bad taste, I think it's totally understandable. 

Edit: just had another look and a few reporters saying it’s not as bad as it looked, and not serious. So who fucking knows. 

I havent seen the challenge on Salah but Choudhury has put Ritchie and Salah out of commission, and nearly ended that poor French guy's career in the U21s, all in a pretty short space of time. 

At a certain point, it's not accidental anymore. 

• Administrator
Just now, Inverted said:

I havent seen the challenge on Salah but Choudhury has put Ritchie and Salah out of commission, and nearly ended that poor French guy's career in the U21s, all in a pretty short space of time. 

At a certain point, it's not accidental anymore. 

Sorry but that Ritchie one was a joke. Steve Bruce blew that one out of proportion as well. Ritchie bottled out of it. 

The U21s tackle was bad. Definitely. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Our league form though O.o

Ridiculously good. Reminds me of when Chelsea did the same once and went til October/November without losing?

Anyway, time for bed for me. Still gutted we didn't get a point but congratulations on another 3 for you Liverpool fans. Congratulations on the title win too. Can't see anyone else getting it this season. Even Man City!

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Just seen the Choudhury foul on MOTD. I really think there's been a huge over-reaction to that. I can't even see the slightest argument for a red tbh.

Yeah I must admit at the time I was bouncing and the old red mist clouded my judgement because on second viewing it wasnt all that bad. I've seen much much worse. Just unfortunate for us its resulted in an injury to a key player.

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

Just seen the Choudhury foul on MOTD. I really think there's been a huge over-reaction to that. I can't even see the slightest argument for a red tbh.

It’s Liverpool mate overreacting is standard tbh. 

I spent 18 months on Merseyside world of difference between blues and reds, blues are on this planet reds are cunts. 

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s Liverpool mate overreacting is standard tbh. 

I spent 18 months on Merseyside world of difference between blues and reds, blues are on this planet reds are cunts. 

Shut up you fuckin bafoon. 

I don't actually think Choudhury did much wrong. Have to make that foul to stop Salah and had to make sure he brought him down. It is what is. Shouldn't be allowed though.

Not sure if the red card shouts are aimed at me or if someone else has said it, but: I don't think it's a red at all, but I'm so sick of seeing blatantly deliberate "tactical fouls" and don't think they should be tolerated. If it's deliberate, it shouldn't matter if you're the last man or not, your intention is the same and you should walk

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I mean it's probably pricks like this that makes me detest most Midland clubs. 

To just come on and call us 'cunts'. Well, must have been fuckin dragged up.

Most definitely a prick. You only have to read his posts elsewhere to see it

• The topic was unpinned

Archived