The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 5-6th October, 2019

football forum

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Everton should have kept Koeman. :ph34r:

Not such a ridiculous shout. From what I remember, they had a difficult start that season. They're currently a point worse off this season than they were under Koeman in his second season and they've had a much easier set of fixtures

• Subscriber

The problem with Koeman was always the manner of the defeats. We were absolutely crumbling and getting done 4-0 and 5-2 while he stood there on the sidelines not looking arsed. Koeman also clearly saw us as a stepping stone to getting the job he actually wanted at Barcelona. You only have to look at his signings of Williams, Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Rooney to see that he wasn't interested in Everton beyond his three years. If you make it that obvious you're looking for short term success as a means to an end then you're going to get held accountable earlier in your tenure. Then there was the general shambolic nature of that transfer window which we still suffer from financially now, which he and Steve Walsh had to be held accountable for.

At least with Silva it doesn't really look like the players have packed it in under him just yet, there are a lot of players who have openly said he was a big factor in them choosing to join Everton  and his signings of Richarlison, Iwobi, Kean, Digne, Gbamin and Gomes, all mid twenties or less, point towards him looking to achieve something over the course of a few years, so he naturally gets a bit longer than Koeman to put that in place.

• Subscriber

Seeing Ben Chilwell being linked about for fifty million today. That can't be based on anything he's done this season as he's been the weak link in not far off every game he's played. I get the arguments about Maddison being in front of him not helping him but it didn't stop Fuchs playing well. He needs to step it up. He's struggled.

12 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Huh? o.O

The refs thought process mate... He'd be ridiculed if the replay showed it to be a nailed on penalty and he didn't pay it. So when in doubt he blows.

Pasted is a slang term. 

41 minutes ago, Dan said:

Seeing Ben Chilwell being linked about for fifty million today. That can't be based on anything he's done this season as he's been the weak link in not far off every game he's played. I get the arguments about Maddison being in front of him not helping him but it didn't stop Fuchs playing well. He needs to step it up. He's struggled.

If Chilwell is worth £50m, I’m worth at least £15m.

And I’m very hungover.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

We must be quite the scalp nowadays :ph34r:

I’d show a picture of what happened yesterday... but I didn’t take any so you’ll have to wait a bit for the guy I paid to take pictures to say “Gonzo your photos are done”

16 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Can commit tactical fouls without being so reckless. It wasn't just a standard cynical foul. It was a nasty one

A pk in last minute of injury time in a tied game, a red card; is there anything else you would like from the ref?

8 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

A pk in last minute of injury time in a tied game, a red card; is there anything else you would like from the ref?

Yeah red cards for every Man Utd player every time they step out onto the pitch.

Imagine being against blatant penalties being given. Also aren’t you a fucking Bayern Munich fan? You sure you want to bitch about referee favoritism. Your whole league is set up to just hand Bayern titles - referees included

Horrendous performance again, absolutely shit in the second half. Just don't have anything about us, time wasting and holding on to a 1-0 at home to Bournemouth is just embarrassing. Emery needs to start doing better here, results have been good enough but we are looking lost out there. Really concerning performance. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived