talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 5-6th October, 2019

football forum

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah red cards for every Man Utd player every time they step out onto the pitch.

Imagine being against blatant penalties being given. Also aren’t you a fucking Bayern Munich fan? You sure you want to bitch about referee favoritism. Your whole league is set up to just hand Bayern titles - referees included

Glad u r a follower of the bundesliga!!

My u lot r touchy. 

Bitch when it's against you and claim total innocence otherwise 😉 That's football fans. 

Now that u are winning, u must get used to it 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable weekend of results for Liverpool with two extra points grabbed in the dying minutes and three points lost by City.

Obviously still a very open title race though if that gap did escalate much further, say to 15 points it might start to be seen by City players as insurmountable. Can't see pep letting that happen though, his team's rarely fall away in title races.

• Subscriber

I really think Liverpool will do it this year to be honest because you can see Man City dropping more points yet.

Their defence just isn't good enough. Not when you want to compete with a side that are winning nearly every game.

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Dan said:

I really think Liverpool will do it this year to be honest because you can see Man City dropping more points yet.

Their defence just isn't good enough. Not when you want to compete with a side that are winning nearly every game.

It was pretty scandalous that Man City didn't buy a centre half this summer. Centre half was already their weak point before Kompany left. Stones and Otamendi are far from top class else they would have been playing ahead of an ancient Kompany in all of those vital games at the back end of last season. Laporte's injury has properly fucked them over but it's their own fault, complete negligence from them failing to address that issue this window.

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It was pretty scandalous that Man City didn't buy a centre half this summer. Centre half was already their weak point before Kompany left. Stones and Otamendi are far from top class else they would have been playing ahead of an ancient Kompany in all of those vital games at the back end of last season. Laporte's injury has properly fucked them over but it's their own fault, complete negligence from them failing to address that issue this window.

Bet Maguire's gutted he moved to Man Utd. He'd quite possibly have gotten the Man City move in January.

For what it's worth I don't think he'd have fixed all their problems either. There's better out there and I'm convinced of it.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Just don't appoint the favorites tag just yet mate. Let us get a bit further ahead first. 😅

Honestly Laporte getting injured is no different to us losing Virgil or any of the front 3. Our only real depth is in midfield.

13 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

People have always said about Pep's teams getting burnt out around the three year mark. Starting to see it?

Tbf Bayern were monstrously good in his 3rd year there. Maybe the best team I've ever seen.

All teams have cycles and Manchester City do have a fair few stalwarts coming to the end, Kompany has gone and I think was probably a good influence around the club. Silva is going soon, aguero is 31 etc.

Having said that, they're still monstrously good and are well capable of winning every game remaining. Liverpool may just be favourites now but I wouldn't bet on it. 

• Administrator

Anyone reckon Klopp will take back his words (or at least some) now that Salah has no major injury?

I realise Klopp may not have seen the tackle again after it happened in real-time, but I wonder if he feels differently having 1) seen replays since and realised it was only a tactical foul with no intent/malice and just a freak injury and 2) now realised Salah isn't seriously injured?

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Would it change anything if he did? 

It'd make him look less of an angry cunt, so yes :D!

It would take some heat of Choudhury as well...

I still think there's a way to commit these tactical fouls. Jumping/sliding in from behind is not it. Drag him back or whatever. But going in like that when your intention is anything but to play the ball endangers the safety of the opponent

Not being funny but Liverpool are 8pts clear. No major injuries to contend with. Big enough squad. European Champions also, so they aren't a bad side are they.

It will be a failure to blow it from here. And I would be gutted if I was a Liverpool fan and they did. 

You can legislate them getting wobbly last year because they were not used to being top and chased. But they have that experience under their belt now.

There are no excuses for me. This isn't a shock team like when Leicester lead the league. They should be winning this competition now.

They have to, its a golden chance.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

What was this all about you guys in the match, was that to do with the Salah tackle?

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

No. Perez took exception to Robertson celebrating at the final whistle I think

It did seem a bit odd. I've seen a clip with Robertson going to celebrate with his teammates right in front of Perez but he's not looking at him, so maybe something happened shortly before the start of that clip.

Perez did seem to react quite badly though - no idea why. 

I wouldn't exactly call it the craziest moment of the weekend, however. 

• Subscriber

The Perez-Robertson incident occurred because Andy brushed past him on his way to celebrate and the forward thought it was wrong. I don't think there's anything to it honestly and tension would have been high towards the end of the match. Just a bit of misunderstanding in the end.

On 06/10/2019 at 12:57, RandoEFC said:

The problem with Koeman was always the manner of the defeats. We were absolutely crumbling and getting done 4-0 and 5-2 while he stood there on the sidelines not looking arsed. Koeman also clearly saw us as a stepping stone to getting the job he actually wanted at Barcelona. You only have to look at his signings of Williams, Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Rooney to see that he wasn't interested in Everton beyond his three years. If you make it that obvious you're looking for short term success as a means to an end then you're going to get held accountable earlier in your tenure. Then there was the general shambolic nature of that transfer window which we still suffer from financially now, which he and Steve Walsh had to be held accountable for.

At least with Silva it doesn't really look like the players have packed it in under him just yet, there are a lot of players who have openly said he was a big factor in them choosing to join Everton  and his signings of Richarlison, Iwobi, Kean, Digne, Gbamin and Gomes, all mid twenties or less, point towards him looking to achieve something over the course of a few years, so he naturally gets a bit longer than Koeman to put that in place.

Wasnt Koeman always quite blunt about wanting the Barcelona job? 

His headteacher approach with players has a shelf life. I think hes got one tournament with Holland to nail it before cracks start appearing.

On a side note, I do feel quite bad for you that you never got to see the best of Bolasie. That injury took away his pace, and that was 60% of his game.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Wouldn’t put it past Robertson to have intentionally done it after what he did to Messi last season. 

You mean this? 

Honestly, I was just laughing when he did it. The look on Messi's face when it happens is priceless.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Wasnt Koeman always quite blunt about wanting the Barcelona job? 

His headteacher approach with players has a shelf life. I think hes got one tournament with Holland to nail it before cracks start appearing.

On a side note, I do feel quite bad for you that you never got to see the best of Bolasie. That injury took away his pace, and that was 60% of his game.

I can't remember him explicitly saying it in the immediate vicinity of his time with us but it was certainly common knowledge that that was his ultimate ambition and that he saw Everton as a three year stepping stone whereas Martinez and Silva were more about the long term project.

Bolasie wasn't amazing before the injury either to be honest but he did have only a few months to make an impact.

The fact that the squad Koeman built failed really fucked us though. People talk about how much money we spent on "this squad" when in reality the money was spent on Koeman's squad then we've had to spend it all again replacing Baines, Jagielka, Williams, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Rooney, Mirallas, Barkley and Lukaku. All the players that were already pretty aged when he signed them or pre-existing players he didn't bother to make a succession plan for.

Archived